European General Data Protection Regulation

EMMachine

Hi,

after today the new GDPR will get into action, I want to know how this will affects this board?

The main point I'm asking is, because I made some projects in another board (gw-fanworld.net). They made changes to the board because of the law change and these changes literally crushed my projects there. The admin deleted every picture and pictures from other pages that were links with the URL as an Image will only be shown as a link (in case of pictures from a google account these links could be 13 lines long if it's not a link masked with another text).

Could this happen here, too?

I'm actually searching for solutions to make my projects public (without forcing people to click link after link to see pictures), so my blogs I have here could be a solution for me.

Regards

EMMachine

As a UK business owner I have a responsibility to comply with GDPR.  The easiest way for me to do this is to use Compliant software for any cases that handle customer/user data.  

The forum software has been updated (you might notice that it broke the theme!) and includes updates to remain compliant.  Deleting images is a new one on me!!!! It is not something that will happen here for sure!!!

We store data in the IPS Forums, and Mailchimp (mandrill) to allow the forum itself to sent email to users, and also to allow admins to send emails direct to users that are related to the forums.  (News, info, events, stuff we sell, sponsors and anything else that is related to TGA)  Both these platforms that we use are compliant with GDPR.  

There is a lot more to it than that, but thats the gist of it.  

In short, 

We only email you about TGA stuff, and only because you told us we can when you signed up.  You can control all of that via your profile and notification settings.  Stored images have nothing to do with this.  

hope this helps.  

15 minutes ago, Ben said:

Stored images have nothing to do with this.  

hope this helps.   

So the other board handeled it wrong? I think it was about §22 or §23, but normally we don't have living humans on the pictures most of the time.

The only point why I was asking if it is save here to post projects without the fear, I can only make links to pictures because the board isn't showing them anymore (like in the other board happened).

Archived