1250 points Legion of Sacrament

CaptainNippon

I light of the recent announcements I've come up with this new list:

Capture.JPG.baea04515d42a76b14dc02f4c46ea3c7.JPG

I chose Legion of Sacrament mostly for the +1 on cast rolls, but The Master's Teachings can come in handy as well. Getting off Vanhel's and Overwhelming Dread will be central to win fights. 

The Wight King will be the General, because he will always stay in the main blob and thus be able to make the most of Mastery of Death. He can also Buff and regenerate the Skellies and should be pretty safe with a 2+ against shooting thanks to LoS! I might give this guy a Steed later on, so he can move around faster.

The Vampire Lord will move further away from the main force, so the Shroud of Darkness will help him a lot.  Vile Transference will help keeping the non-summonables alive and get some mortal wounds onto enemy heroes. 

Necromancer is self-explanatory as are the 40 Skeletons.

The Zombie Dragon will serve as a secondary hammer/deterrent. I did not put the VL on top, so the two can operate independently and cover more space.

Direwolves are another cheap and efficient Battleline that can also put out a decent amount of damage after a charge. They can  be buffed by Vanhel's and Blood Feast whenever the opportunity arises.

The Corpse Cart rounds the list out with another +1 to casting rolls, more consistent Deathly Invocations and a bonus to the Dire Wolves' saves. 

Last but not least,  at 1150 points I'll be getting two additional command points to start with. 

With this setup, I have a large blob consisting of Wight King, Necromancer, Skellies and Corpse Cart pushing forward, supported by the faster elements like the Direwolves, Zombie Dragon and Vampire Lord who can strike out on the flanks and secure objectives.   

I'd put the Vampire Lord on the Zombie Dragon, makes both a lot harder to kill.... Then it would also make sense to make your VLoZD General, because with his command ability he will hit even harder and especially on the zombie drakes breath attack you will like the reroll on hit.

5 minutes ago, Arael_Greywings said:

I'd put the Vampire Lord on the Zombie Dragon, makes both a lot harder to kill.... Then it would also make sense to make your VLoZD General, because with his command ability he will hit even harder and especially on the zombie drakes breath attack you will like the reroll on hit.

It does have significant advantages to put the VL on the Dragon, but I'd rather have them seperate for now. VLoZD is ubiquitous and I want to try a different approach. Also, having two models adds a certain amount of flexibility. 

This way, the Vampire Lord can get into position to make use of his abilities and the dragon can just worry about slicing things.

3 minutes ago, CaptainNippon said:

It does have significant advantages to put the VL on the Dragon, but I'd rather have them seperate for now. VLoZD is ubiquitous and I want to try a different approach. Also, having two models adds a certain amount of flexibility. 

This way, the Vampire Lord can get into position to make use of his abilities and the dragon can just worry about slicing things.

Fair enough^^ At this point range you might not get the Vampire Lord Sniped to quickly even without being on da drake. Once we get into the new magic meta that might change too...

Also with the point costs being the same you can be sponatenous with combining them or not.

Archived