Old Sea Dogs Tales(Sultan's Fleet conversions and artwork/lore)

22 hours ago, Melcavuk said:

Might get more loving over in the painting and modelling section for specific conversions and modelling feedback. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with here though.

I have been trying to get started with the conversions and modeling, but I have been busy with finals for school. I should be ready to start up again by May 31st.

Perfectly understandable, planning before buying for conversions can be just as important. Especially if you can get hands on time with the kits you want to convert from to see what it’ll entail. It’s part of why I’m fortunate having Warhammer World on my doorstep. The ability to see all the models in the flesh is invaluable 

34 minutes ago, Melcavuk said:

Perfectly understandable, planning before buying for conversions can be just as important. Especially if you can get hands on time with the kits you want to convert from to see what it’ll entail. It’s part of why I’m fortunate having Warhammer World on my doorstep. The ability to see all the models in the flesh is invaluable 

Thank you for understanding, I fear that some of the others are getting ready to ditch because of this restriction.

“They say that on dark nights when the moon is full and the tides are calm, one can see something peculiar on the water. It appears to be a ship, but upon closer inspection the fine wood side becomes rank with rot, and the polished figureheads and metal finishes become bones..... then you hear it, the sad mournful tune, calling out for someone named Mannan to save their souls. That my boy is a Spectral Schooner, and where there is one the rest of the fleet is not far behind”.- Angus Macentyre, Old Sea dog of the free city Hurricane Cove. 

Some sub faction(fleets) ideas

Sons of the Scimitar

While all of the Cursed Crews are forced to serve in the Magus's fleets, there are some who are considered to be "blessed". The Sons of the Scimitar are those souls who serve amongst the ships of the Golden Magus's personal fleet, they are made up of the souls of tzeentchian cultists, and petty sorcerers. The Sons of the Scimitar are often the most common fleet seen by the mortal realms,  but many do not know these sailors are actually undead due to the strong enchantments placed on them, restoring their flesh(a common illusion amongst the Dreadfleet) and blood completely until they receive their orders from the Magus. The Sons of the Scimitar are often accompanied or accompany arcane cults and daemons of Tzeentch. Recently the Flaming Scimitar flagship of The Golden Magus, has been spotted in Excelsis, it seems as though The Magus plans to conquer the City of Prophecy, but for which of his masters is unclear....

New Sartosans

Sartosa, to any familiar with The World That Was the name conjures up images of criminals, shipwrecks, pirates and cutthroats of the worst order. It is of no surprise then that a majority of the cursed crews are from that hive of villainy, for over the years the forces of order in that distant time hunted them down and put them to the noose. In The Galleons Graveyard, The Golden Magus has placed these souls  under the command of his closest friend and ally Jaego Roth, now more then a clockwork body and a soul. These are the crews who frequently raid the coastal cities and settlements of the Mortal realms, as well as harass the shipping routes of the seas. Jaego Roth often recruits the souls of the recently slain seafarers into his ranks, looking for true scoundrels. The New Sartosans often sail the seas of Ghur and Shyish, and have established their own secret port of call near the city of Hurricane Cove.

Galleons Ghouls

Those souls who pledge their soul to Nagash and willingly serve in the Dread Fleet.

• 2 weeks later...

a bit of background on the free city known as Hurricane Cove

Hurricane Cove, Aye what a rotten place to live.... T'was founded by the Gheist Buster Storm Chamber of the Anvil's of The Heldenhammer after they captured the Dead Bones realmgate from a contagium of Maggotkin; still the last of those Thrice damned curs cursed the place with some plague storm....(harupmh ack), still Them Relictors ranged to get rid of the plague but not the storm. The city, my boy, the city is nigh constantly being pelted with some storm or another..... Whats surprising though is the fact that us sailors decided to make it a port o call,  after all Sigmar(pta!) only needed the realm gate, after that we were mostly left to ourselves. Hurricane Cove became a den of thieves, whores, and orphans, our only contributions to the realms is that of our knowledge of the Oceans and what treasure the Pirate Crews are willing to part with; except of course, to The Dreadfleet..... We serve as a constant supply of ships, crew, and targets. That is why Old Jolly Bonez(local name for Nagash) leaves us be, e knows that the Storms will wreck us eventually..... Or at least some of us......

- Bartolemy Jones, Old Sea Dog of the Black Hound Tavern

Looks promising. Age of Sigmar is currently lacking in the Arabian aesthetics department. The army of the golden Magnus could fill that niche. 

One tip from me, try putting a white sheet of paper under and behind the miniatures you want to make photos of. This will really improve the quality of your pictures.

Some more lore regarding Hurricane Cove and the surrounding area

Port o’ Storms

Hurricane Cove is a “city” constantly pelted with rain, it is no wonder that only the wretches of society live here. Located in the center of the string of islands known as Manaan’s Trident in the realm of Shyish, and is the location of the Dead Man’s realmgate, one of the three realmgates known of in the Trident. There are a total of three settlements in the Trident, Hurricane Cove, the Varlung lodge of Fyreslayers, on the volcanic Island known as To’cas Ire, and an outpost of the Morphann enclave of Deepkin patrol the waters, unbeknownst to all but the oldest longbeards.

Never Ending Deluge

Hurricane Cove is either “blessed” or “cursed” depending on who you ask. Originally a Contagium of Maggotkin known as the Rotted Barnacles used the island as a dreadhold to launch their invasion of the realm for Nurgle. However, Sigmar took notice of the Realmgate at the center of their fastness, and sent The Anvils of the Heldenhammer to reclaim it for Order; the Maggotkin managed to conjure a plague storm in an attempt to turn the land uninhabitable, but the might of the Lord relictors managed to remove the taint of Nurgle from the storm. The never ending rain makes for a natural barrier, and the Devoted see this as a sign of purity and divine favour. Those men and women of the seas on the other hand, curse it with all of their wide vocabulary, for the waters around Hurricane Cove are filled with the wrecks of hundreds of ships that were never able to see the lighthouses calling them home.

Dark Secrets

The islands that make up Manaan’s Trident are formed from the numerous beliefs and superstitions of all seafaring folk, with the Golden Magus being crowned the Mortarch of Mutiny, all those underworlds and their inhabitants are now his vassals. The Magus is not a cruel man however, while he rules from his sub realm known as The Galleons Graveyard, he allows the souls of the cursed crew to walk amongst the living. Cloaked in illusions or given clockwork bodies, the cursed crews hide amongst the thieves, ******, and orphans of Hurricane Cove and the other sea ports; only those who are born in The Trident or blessed with strong ties to the magic of Shyish can see this truth, and many do not care. When the time comes for war the streets are unnaturally quiet, as the cursed crews are called back to their ships and those living souls that remain are fearful of what’s to come…...

Archived