Aetherstrike Force vs Forgotten Nightmare

Kubrick54

Question

Hey guys! Played a game last night with my Aetherstrike Force vs the Idoneth Deepkin. We were not sure how to rule the Vengeance from Afar rule (When a unit from this force is destroyed, another unit from this force can attack as if it were the shooting phase. All of their attacks must be directed at the enemy unit that destroyed the unit from the Aetherstrije force) vs The Forgotten Nightmare ability (Missile weapons can only be used to target an Idoneth Deepen unit with this battle trait if it is the closest visible unit). 

Would I be able to shoot at the enemy unit even if it's not the closest one?

Thanks!

1 answer to this question

4 hours ago, Kubrick54 said:

Hey guys! Played a game last night with my Aetherstrike Force vs the Idoneth Deepkin. We were not sure how to rule the Vengeance from Afar rule (When a unit from this force is destroyed, another unit from this force can attack as if it were the shooting phase. All of their attacks must be directed at the enemy unit that destroyed the unit from the Aetherstrije force) vs The Forgotten Nightmare ability (Missile weapons can only be used to target an Idoneth Deepen unit with this battle trait if it is the closest visible unit). 

Would I be able to shoot at the enemy unit even if it's not the closest one?

Thanks!

No. Aether allows you to shoot but specifies a target.

Forgotten nightmare prevents missile weapons from being used if target is not the closest unit.

Archived