The War for Hirestel - Austin, TX Narrative Campaign

Knapik

Hey, y'all! My name is Jon, and I'm an event organizer and avid Age of Sigmar player in Austin, TX. We have a wonderful community here in Central Texas, and I've never shared any of that here on tga.community. What a travesty!

For the last month and going through August, dozens of players have been participating in a narrative campaign I've titled THE WAR FOR HIRESTEL.

1530249365_AoSCampaignMapHirestelFix.png.b05a55a16cac4e982649ab3f43773a5e.png

It's a map campaign set in a sort of "micro-realm" brought to life by the Magister LESITAN, and this is a continuation of the REALM OF DISCOVERY ladder campaign that we ran for 5 months last year. Last year's campaign was a success, and the players really came out for it and made it very special.  Lesitan was killed in the middle of the campaign, and at one point the sole realmgate leading into the realm closed. Most armies were trapped inside, and those that escaped quickly forgot all about Lesitan's strange realm. Years later realmgates have popped up all over the Mortal Realms leading to Hirestel and to potential hope in finding a way to stop Nagash from fulfilling his deadly plans.

pic1.jpg.6d9c71eaf2ffdade974de58a394eec0f.jpg

We play on Sundays at Dragon's Lair in Austin, and we had 24 brave souls come and battle it out in order to gain control of the different regions of Hirestel! There are 30 (yes, 30!) battleplans - some I've created, some I've taken from GW publications - that players can get involved in. They range from 2000 pt. team battles to 50 pt. Skirmish games! Winning those games (or doing various things within them) earns Control Points on the different parts of the map.

pic4.jpg.bf84cdd87457425d4435e655e0682dbb.jpg

Controlling regions gives players Victory Points, which is how we judge who is winning the war. Other ways to score VPs: bringing in a new player to introduce to Age of Sigmar, participation in special events (we just had a writing contest!), spending money in Dragon's Lair (limited to 3 VP overall), and lots more! Not only can you win by being competitive and controlling regions, but also by being a good sport, participating in the narrative, and supporting the community!

Another way player's have scored a VP is by painting a tile to represent their army on the ranking board. I've posted a few of my favorites here.

pic5.jpg.6290fe1daf64dd55f4ba0515af4d3a62.jpg

Our community here is full of amazing artists, writers, and strategists; and the best of all of that is coming out in our fledgling second campaign. There are lots of secrets to still be uncovered in the War for Hirestel, but I wanted to post this here to let everyone know this awesome thing that's going down in Austin! You can follow along here: https://goodtimewashad.blogspot.com/

Here are all of the lore and the entries for the writing contest as well as the rankings for each week! If you live nearby and want to get in on the action, please join the Austin Age of Sigmar Facebook group. We have a very active community, and most of the stuff for the campaign goes up there.

Thanks for your time!

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

• 3 months later...

Archived