Returning Fantasy Player - Help with AoS Nagash List

punkycloud

Hi, the new Legions of Nagash book got me thinking about returning back to my fantasy roots. Ive come up with 2 2000 lists and need a little guidence:

List1

Nagash, Arkhan, 2 morghast, 2 morghast, 4 morghast. 

This list is a heavy elite list, very mobile and few models to paint

List2

Nagash, Arkhan, necromancer, 40 skeletons, 2 morghast, 2 morghast 

Similar to List1 but with big unit of skeletons for board control / tar pitting though more painting

Both lists are magic focused with nagash and arkhan doing alot of the heavy lifting. Morghasts look great and will do alot of the physical punching. Thoughts? 

Hi! Both lists look really cool. You can never go wrong with skeletons. They are great tarpits, and can even be a hammer against lightly armoured foes if they get to attack with full numbers. Gravesites and invocations also make them surprisingly mobile, since you can string out your revived skeletons to go grab objectives or just bog down your enemies and control the board. Skeletons are the best!

Nagash is a ton of fun to paint, he's been one of my favorite ones so far. Plus, if you match his color scheme to the morghasts and Arkhan, you'll have a pretty great looking elite force. I'd be interested to see how a mostly-elite death army does, since all the ones I see around here are focused on giant piles of skeletons.

10 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

How long does it take to paint nagash?

same question for 40 skelies

just to have an idea of what is ahead of me in this pile of new boxes that I recieved yesterday...

It depends on your speed and the level of detail you want. For me, Nagash took about two nights of dedicated painting, so around 8-10 hours. Hes a big model with lots of fun stuff to pick out, so I honestly could have spent another night on him easily.

Skeletons are actually really quick, especially if you basecoat them with the bone color you're going to use. Basecoat, add color to cloth and silver to the steel, then wash the whole thing. Of course you can go back and make them look more weathered or add drybrush effects, but it'll be table ready either way.

9 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

How long does it take to paint nagash?

same question for 40 skelies

just to have an idea of what is ahead of me in this pile of new boxes that I recieved yesterday...

Skeletons I think I could quickly get out 10 over 2-3 nights with airbrush. Nagash is probably going to take a week or 2 for me. Centre piece models I tend to go all out on. 

9 hours ago, Euphanism said:

Nagash is a ton of fun to paint, he's been one of my favorite ones so far. Plus, if you match his color scheme to the morghasts and Arkhan, you'll have a pretty great looking elite force. I'd be interested to see how a mostly-elite death army does, since all the ones I see around here are focused on giant piles of skeletons.

I'll let u know how it goes tho painting first ?. All might change with new addition coming out before I finish but the base of nagash, arkhan and some morghasts should be reasonably fixed

• 1 month later...

1 hour ago, Sception said:

Lists look ok, but you'll want to look into some of the endless spells from the mzlign sorcery box, in particular umbral spellportal for 60 points.

Yeah, was looking to include portal and something else with the new endless spells as had some points spare. Any preference between lists? 

1 minute ago, Sception said:

I'd lean toward the skeletons, though fitting spellportals into that will be tricky.

Comes to 1950, if drop Necromancer then it's 1840 (portal and purple sun) if drop skeletons down the 30 it's 1910 (portal and grave tide) thoughts? 

@punkycloud woah!, nice Nagash there ? can i ask how you did the Bone or did you simply follow GW's scheme?...

i really like your army list,(im very new to AoS and was looking at starting close to your list 2 build) so thanks for posting.

Can't wait to see the rest of the army painted up...thanks for the inspiration!!

Cheers ,MB

3 hours ago, ManyBothans said:

@punkycloud woah!, nice Nagash there ? can i ask how you did the Bone or did you simply follow GW's scheme?...

i really like your army list,(im very new to AoS and was looking at starting close to your list 2 build) so thanks for posting.

Can't wait to see the rest of the army painted up...thanks for the inspiration!!

Cheers ,MB

Thanks mate, the bone was pretty much same as GW scheme. 

Arkan's next, hopefullyake a start on gluing him together this weekend ?

• 4 weeks later...

Archived