new hexwraiths?

GeneralZero

25 minutes ago, Moogypies said:

I just snipped the front of the ring off in a place where you can file it to look like the edge of armour, then they're interchangeable quite easily.

Thx Moogypies

That's exactly what I try to do...

The other chalenge now is to find a color sheme where the mount (a bit hexwraiith) can fit the armor (a bit colored (dark red or dark purple) )

9 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

that doesn't help me about building my BK/Hex :(

I didn't even find how to magnetize BK/hex....any thoughts?

On the other hand, I was thinking: Nighaunt doen't have a big monster (but has 2 big center pieces: wonderful new black coach and  mortis engine). Maybe we'll get one alongside mortach and nagash...

this friday I'm going to post on my youtube channel a video about it^^ anyway it's quite simple

I made my black knights and hexwraiths to be interchangeable. It is fairly straightforward, as the two types of rider don't share any components. It is thus possible to build everything in the kit. The only snag is that the armoured saddles which include the black knight legs are designed to be put on before the horse's head. Thus to make them removable you need to carefully snip out the bit that goes under the horses neck, and file it neatly so that it looks intentional. I also removed the pins that are supposed to hold the riders on the horses, as I found they weren't needed and made it awkward to remove the riders. 

I also acquired some of the older type skeleton horses so that I could use both sets of riders simultaneously, Both sets of riders fit on those fairly well, although they don't look quite as good. I reckon the Black Knights work better on the older style horses, whereas the Hexwraiths are best on the newer ones.

45 minutes ago, EccentricCircle said:

I made my black knights and hexwraiths to be interchangeable. It is fairly straightforward, as the two types of rider don't share any components. It is thus possible to build everything in the kit. The only snag is that the armoured saddles which include the black knight legs are designed to be put on before the horse's head. Thus to make them removable you need to carefully snip out the bit that goes under the horses neck, and file it neatly so that it looks intentional. I also removed the pins that are supposed to hold the riders on the horses, as I found they weren't needed and made it awkward to remove the riders. 

could you please post some pics so we can see the color sheme?  (for both ridesrs...). Did you magnetize the weapon or all with the spear (BK)?

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

could you please post some pics so we can see the color sheme?  (for both ridesrs...). Did you magnetize the weapon or all with the spear (BK)?

I'll try to take some pics tomorrow, I've not gotten around to magnetising them, so they are a little wobbly at present. I've used a range of weapons on the knights, I'm more of a collector than a gamer, so wanted a variety to paint up, rather than legal units of one weapon or another.

3 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

this is an excelent video focused on the 2 main points that I needed: the dual solution hex/BK and a nice color schme that works with both. Well done mate!;)

Thanks^^  I used that scheme cause it and cause I've always thoutht the mounts to be ethereal for both of them ^^

3 hours ago, EccentricCircle said:

I also acquired some of the older type skeleton horses so that I could use both sets of riders simultaneously, Both sets of riders fit on those fairly well, although they don't look quite as good. I reckon the Black Knights work better on the older style horses, whereas the Hexwraiths are best on the newer ones.

As I made see in the video linked before^^

2 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

The video before has the keypoints about these requirementsif you want to give a sight^^

Apologies for the poor quality of the images, I've got very little natural light to work with today. I went with a similar colour scheme to the one on the box, giving my knights red livery and standards. I basically painted the barding of the horses to look black. That way it fit with the black robes of the Hexwraiths and the Red and steel armour of the Black Knights. I gave the horses red reigns, but otherwise kept them fairly monochrome.

I tend to mount my Hexwraiths on the newer horses, and put my knights on old Tomb Kings horses. I tend to think that the armour around the knights makes them look better, as well as being a bit more stable on the older steeds.

Hexwraiths can sit on Tomb King horses, and look ok when static, but would probably need magnets to keep them in place in an actual game.

IMG_6145.JPG

IMG_6156.JPG

IMG_6149.JPG

17 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

TY EccentricCircle

It is interesting to see another paintstyle even more because your approach is opposite: while you choose to paint the horse the skelly way, deynon did it the ghost way.

Final word: both work. Grats to you both

Yeah, I'm not too keen on the ghosty horse look. That comes from collecting Tomb Kings for years, and thus having a fondness for dusty bones! I agree that the ghostly green look works well for the Hexwraiths, but I don't think it would hold up so well with the Black Knights. Conversely, black and bone works ok for both, even if it isn't as thematic a look for the wraiths.

Archived