new hexwraiths?

GeneralZero

I will receive in the next few hours/days some kits os Black knights/hexwraiths. 

But I noticed that in the AoS 2.0 presentation during the GW fest that there are new nighthaunt cavalry. It semms to me that they are kind of new hexwraiths. What do you think?

I ask because I'm not sure if I build all my mini with BK....

img_5927.jpg?w=878

Since black knights are still being used in death I doubt it's a new kit to replace hexwraiths. I think these will be a new additional cavalry unit for nighthaunt. The helmet and swords are quite different to the hexwraith's were used to. I do look forward to seeing what they'll be like statwise though!

that doesn't help me about building my BK/Hex :(

I didn't even find how to magnetize BK/hex....any thoughts?

On the other hand, I was thinking: Nighaunt doen't have a big monster (but has 2 big center pieces: wonderful new black coach and  mortis engine). Maybe we'll get one alongside mortach and nagash...

7 minutes ago, Elmir said:

mortarch of Grief.

it doesn't seem quite big....compared to a mortarch or VLoZD  or GUO or chaos gods or dracoh etc... NH need a big guy not a poor nighshroud so little that you're looking for him on the battlefield

16 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

it doesn't seem quite big....compared to a mortarch or VLoZD  or GUO or chaos gods or dracoh etc... NH need a big guy not a poor nighshroud so little that you're looking for him on the battlefield

I don't think we've seen the mortarch of grief yet. We have seen a mounted knight of shrouds which might be the model you're thinking of? Unless I've completely missed a big reveal :O

To answer your question if you plan to play mainly nighthaunt I'd say build hexwraiths. If you play a lot of legions of nagash black knights could be useful. I myself have 1 unit of each and plan to move more toward nighthaunt so will probably build more hexwraiths. For general death I'd suggest more black knights would be more useful though a unit or two of hexwraith will still be good for flying objective grabbers as they can be quite tough (though you may find direwolves better for that due to being so cheap)

25 minutes ago, Elmir said:

Bad news: mortis engine isn't nighthaunt... 

But we will have 2 big kits with the black coach and the new mortarch of Grief. 

Think it will be a dual kit? One version black coach and either something new using similar parts or the mortarch of grief will also be on a coach included in that box?

Considering how a lot of big kits seem to be going (especially for death) I wouldn't rule out a dual kit possibility.

28 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

Magnets wise you might be able to magnetise the rider bodies to the legs? You'll have to keep horses the same so either armoured or unarmoured but that shouldn't matter too much. But the hexwraiths and black knights each use different torsos/heads/arms so might be possible?

If it was a unit, they'd have the unit out, not two guys. Must be either an elite cavalry unit or heroes.

Also the Mortarch of Grief has only been seen in silhouette, behind some trees, at a distance, so we have no idea of her size and overall look yet. I'm very excited for the reveal though!

I don't think they're hexwraiths. For one they have swords instead of scythes. Two, GW has shown old hexwraits along side new stuff in one of the pictures of the faction focus. I'm not even sure if these are destined for mainline AoS(at least as a primary destination) due to the sculpted bases and that I don't think they've been featured any GW media around the new Nighthaunt or AoS2e. They could be for perhpas a v2 of Underworlds that has bigger hexes(maybe why GW hasn't released the expansion boards they said they would?) or some other boxed/skirmish size game altogether since that seems to be a thing GW has been investing in lately.

If I remember correctly the armor part of the horse is also the legs for the BK. As long as you dont attach the reigns to the saddle all individual riders should be completely detachable.. Unless the horses heads are too big to fit through the hole in the armor. 

17 minutes ago, Moonlightwolf said:

I'm guessing a new mounted unit.

I think more and more so. But I really hope they are bigger (thanks to their poses) than the hex. Hex'd be the standart cavalry whereas these ones are the elite/heavy ones.

GW anouced that there are new heavy cavalry for SCE so, I can imagine that there will be a nighaunt counterpart...

In the traditional Grim Reaper stories wasn’t a scythe only used for commoners whereas a sword was used for nobles? Not sure what the source is on that piece of information but I’m sure I read it somewhere. That would make these a more elite Hexwraith I guess?

3 hours ago, GeneralZero said:

that doesn't help me about building my BK/Hex :(

Here's the thread where I took some old skeleton horsemen, and between the sets created 5 hexwraiths and 5 skeleton horsemen/black knights.  I need one more set, but will land at 10/15/15.  

The issue is that the black knight horse armor does not just slide onto the hexwraith mount.   The old horses are smaller and work just fine.

but honnestly

1: the more recent skeleton hoses look prettier

2. it'll be a pain to find enough old skel horses.

14 minutes ago, grungolah said:

the black knight horse armor does not just slide onto the hexwraith mount

I'll try to find a solution in this direction. I'll glue the 2 sides of the armor a bit more open to try to slide it on the mount....

I still hold out hope for a mounted battleline option with competent ally selection.  I don't as much want to play one or the other, but to play both without paying twice as much.  I also stole 5 new horses for character mounts and a black coach upgrade (yay new sculpts... fail). 

I need a lot of horses for my illegal list.

Archived