Undead 2k - Feedback Appreciated

Scott_K

Hi there, may I suggest putting your general ontop of that dragon?! Else he is killed by a stray arrow faster that you think. Then you might consider taking an necromancer maybe instead of one Vampir, guards with van hels wreck face.

then I guess you have a sound strategy for your puppy horde, so best of luck...else switch 4 out for morghast

the remaining 90 points... cairn wraith, banshee, puppies ?! I‘d suggest a banshee...

- Tomb Blade isn't an option for Grand Host of Nagash allegiance.

- You are only allowed one artifact + 1 additional for each battalion. You have 0 battalions, thus you can only field one artifact.

- Taking the same spell on each vampire is wasteful as you can only cast each spell once each turn.

- Red Fury is not an option for Grand Host of Nagash allegiance

- Riderless Terrorgheist is the same pts cost as Zombie Dragon and is simply better in every way. Though combing one vampire on foot with the zombie dragon to create a Vampire Lord on Zombie Dragon would be a superior option. 

- One big unit of graveguard is better than two smaller as it allows you to get more mileage from buffs and take advantage of the large unit pts bonus. 

- find space for a necromancer. Vanhels is amazing, so are many of the spells necromancer have access to.

- You don't need 6 units of 5 wolves.

- I prefer Black knights in units of 5, more often than not you won't have enough frontage to get all 10 in anyway, so might as well have more versatility and banner aura coverage.

I got a great amount of mileage out of my wolves yesterday against ironjawz, in comparison with 10 skellis, they have +6move, +1 save, +1 attack and -20 points... and are forced to do battleshock far later (5models aka 10wounds)...

fast objective grabber, enemy staller...whatever. But I think 10 would really be the last notch of awesomeness!!!

so, if you have those models, put you general on the dragon, combine the puppies to 10 squats replace on vamp for a necro and a cairn wraith...and start killing 

I think Grand Host is a poor pick for your list. You have two unique special rules with this Legion. The 1st, is extra attacks on Morghasts, and you have none.

The 2nd is a chance to heal single wound units, and you only have 1.

I also don't think Lord of Nagashizar is a good fit for the list. Once again, you only have a single unit benefiting from it. And as you are running the VL on foot, the aura is going to be very tiny (and easily removed).

I would put the timeglass on a hero other than the general, preferably not one on the front lines. No point in making your general even more of a target when anyone can use that artifact equally well.

Wight Kings are honestly pretty awful atm. Necromancers are cheaper, bring game winning buffs and debuffs (and more dispelling), and debatably tougher since they have a 50/50 chance to pass off wounds to friendly models. VLs are slightly more, bring magic and dispelling, can heal themselves, and have a better Deathly Invocation.

Putting the VL you have in the list already on top of the Zombie Dragon will do FAR more than running them separately. If you are running the VL on foot for his +1 attack ability, you will be able to use that even if he is not your general next month when 2nd edition drops.

You are kinda fixed on the wightking aren’t you... a necromancer would heat things up with the grave guard

and 12 bat swarms?!? Well, I guess 2x3, but what are they suppose to kill? If your home meta is into shooting, take 3x1 to cover the board with -1 to hit debuff and charge in the morghast.

and if you’re set on the wolves, instead of maximizing the guard, I‘d suggest putting one unit up to 10.

but on the other side, just try your lists out on an unsuspecting opponent and experience what works on your home turf

Archived