London GT hype

Hi all

I'm I'm looking forward to the first AoS London GT this weekend. 

Still need to paint an Arkhan from scratch! Panic time!

I'm really looking forward to have a chance to play a few games - don't mind if I end up on the bottom tables.

Who else is coming? What are your expectations? How many ppl are expected to attend?

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yes! Me too!

Doing doubles on friday with a mixed skaven force (GA Chaos!) It's totally uncompetitive but huge fun, with a mate taking skryre. 

Then for the tournament proper, I'm taking Nurgle. Unfortunately I wrote the list and purchased the models 2 months before the battletome came out, so it's not the best Nurgle list possible, but again should have some fun with it. 

Still to paint: Otto and Ethrac Glott (the smaller brothers in the Glottkin), Gutrot Spume and Warpgnaw Verminlord. To be honest I really don't want to rush so may have to make do with base colours for those and detail/layer them at a later date. 

It's my first tournament and I've got mixed feelings- on the one hand i'm excited to see what a tournament is like, on the other it's forced me to cram in a lot of painting which has taken the fun out of the hobby part to an extent. 

I believe they've sold out of AoS GT. It's not as big as 40k, but i think it's 100+ players if I recall a FB post correctly? I assume I will lose most of my games so I'm there to have fun! (I'm aiming for 1 win to start! Though I really think I'm a candidate for the wooden spoon as I'm totally untested in the tournament scene and haven't played most AoS forces) It'll also be the first time I've played so many games in such a short space of time, hoping i don't get AoS fatigue by the end of Sunday!

I hear ya on the painting thing. It's been a struggle but in the other hand, I've actually achieved way more than I normally do.

If I enjoy the games then I think it will recharge me!

Also man the ghosts on the mortis engine where so quick to paint that I think a nighthaunt army will be a great army to do.

I think I will do the same and get Arkhan's colours blocked in and then wash them and that will be it. I also don't want to rush him.

Normally I am a bit of a perfectionist (highlighting every skeleton) so it's good for me to have to put an army together on the board!

I'm playing in the doubles too, which should be a laugh!

47 minutes ago, Dan.Ford said:

Hi looking to the weekend but is there a map showing , you need to be here X to get in and walk here X to get to the rooms for AoS 

image.jpg

I believe we just need to go to entrance B along with everyone else. 

Just now, Arkiham said:

Ive 2 friends going to the doubles taking double ironjawz with double maw crusha. 

seem to think the buffs stack ?

I've asked this question to LGT and haven't got an answer yet. How do generals work in doubles? It says the two 1k pts forces will act as a single 2k force for all games purposes- does this mean we have 1 general only or two? I imagine there's still the rule of 1 for magic?

1 minute ago, hughwyeth said:

I've asked this question to LGT and haven't got an answer yet. How do generals work in doubles? It says the two 1k pts forces will act as a single 2k force for all games purposes- does this mean we have 1 general only or two? I imagine there's still the rule of 1 for magic?

no idea, im not going. GHB book says there is 1 warlord afaik who runs the show. i assume that means 1 command ability still. 

otherwise theyll be buffing each others armies with like +4 attacks lol. if it works theyll be crazy strong

29 minutes ago, Arkiham said:

no idea, im not going. GHB book says there is 1 warlord afaik who runs the show. i assume that means 1 command ability still. 

otherwise theyll be buffing each others armies with like +4 attacks lol. if it works theyll be crazy strong

Yeah that's what I assume, but then a general can only be general of his own faction. My mate's got a Skryre general with Skryre abilities- does this mean he'll have to forgo these and go GA-Chaos for our army? If so I'm not sure why they don't just say we build 2,000 pts between us?

I've emailed them to ask, but they haven't been the quickest to respond before- I imagine they're occupied setting up in any case!

5 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

My understanding of the doubles based on something Tom said this morning is that you take 2 vanguard armies wirh double battle line. Both armies get their allegiance abilities and a general who can use his command ability.

Phew. Weeks of painting not wasted!

Though the double mawcrusha mentioned by @Arkiham sounds bad!

32 minutes ago, Morglum StormBasha said:

My understanding of the doubles based on something Tom said this morning is that you take 2 vanguard armies wirh double battle line. Both armies get their allegiance abilities and a general who can use his command ability.

I don't think that can be right. The LGT website says as per the screenshot.

It functions effectively as a single 2k army for all purposes!

Screenshot_20180517-113027.png

49 minutes ago, Carnelian said:

I don't think that can be right. The LGT website says as per the screenshot.

It functions effectively as a single 2k army for all purposes!

But then why build 2 1,000pt forces?  My initial understanding of that text was that we have 2 1,000pt forces that obey all list building rules before the game but when first round begins, then all the rules are as if they're a single force, IE we can buff each other's forces, can't be damaged by effects that exclude "your models" and can't cast two mystic shield/arcane bolt.  But we still get allegiance/abilities/artefacts from our list building?

Either way they should have clarified this to start!

Archived