Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Christopher Rowe said:

RIP Kroaknado. Here's hoping the new summoning and magic rules and synergies will leave Seraphon with some efficacious tactics.

The Thunderquake Starhost can do pretty well.  But anyway there was a rumor that today would be the Seraphon preview, so we'll hopefully see new stuff soon :) 

13 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

image.png.a904c25e944aba7d887a0a5a20781de5.png

Yay, we get arc nodes for some increased spell range.

It will also allow your opponent's wizards to extend their spell range as well, so a bit of a two-edged sword (unless your opponent doesn't have any wizards)

Also useful to send a purple sun in the midboard back into opponent territory, onto a wizard if they moved up to use it. I can see these being fun. I wonder what the dispel target is in the turns after it arrives?

EDIT- Also, great painting projects

Seems like more open play and narrative stuff, which is great. Finally some distinction from matched play besides point values.

Now you can give your campaign or army a bit more flavor with hailing from a certain realm and using that magic. (and a small bonus if the battles itself are in said realm)

We have yet to weight the efficiency with the resources needed and the resources available for magic.

But it sounds fun. BTW, I'll get all the miniatures because they look so damn nice. We'll have some superb painting project ahead as far as I can see. 

From a gw bought line stand or these are great. Pretty much any army will want access to all the endless spells. So each time they make a new endless spell model, it'll be like printing money. 

I think they are pretty cool and interesting double edges spells that can come back to bite you in the butt real quick of not used wisely... heck they might still bite you in the butt...

From a competive stand pt ok think most of thier value will come from initial casting of the endless spell.  

Edit: To potentially keep your spells from buying you in the butt, you can dispel your own 

Like open a portal, cast a few spells threw the portal, then dispel the portal.

38 minutes ago, Aelfric said:

(unless your opponent doesn't have any wizards)

I wouldn't go into a game without at least 3-4 dispels if I wanted a good chance at winning. Whoever goes first each turn is going to puke out endless spells, and whoever goes second is going to have to dispel them or watch them decimate his army.

6 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

Anyone who doesn't bring wizards into 2nd edition games is going to lose before the game starts. Whoever goes first each turn is going to puke out endless spells, and whoever goes second is going to have to dispel them or watch them decimate his army.

States the following in the article;

"Endless spells are moved at the start of each battle round after determining who gets the first turn, with players taking it in turns to pick a spell to move, starting with the player that has the second turn that round. You’ll be able to move any Endless Spell with this move, not just the ones you control, representing their wild and untameable nature. Summon a Suffocating Gravetide and you might find yourself needing to volunteer to take the second turn in a round to stop your opponent from sending it crashing into your own units! Suddenly, always shooting for a double turn can become a very dangerous prospect indeed…"

So EACH player is going to get a chance to move them, even if you didn't summon them. Your opponent summons a Purple Sun, and you EACH get a chance to move it. These spells are dangerous to both armies once they're in the field

So ... evil plan?

Nagash Summons a Spell Portal, puts one next to him and one next to an enemy hero and then casts Hand of Dust.

Not sure that works (although can’t think why not). Sure there are lots of other nasty things you can do with this. Gaunt Summoner could do this too.

8 minutes ago, Sigmalthus said:

Your opponent summons a Purple Sun, and you EACH get a chance to move it.

Right, but any smart player will make sure the spell has to go back through an enemy unit before it can come back at one of theirs

10 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

Right, but any smart player will make sure the spell has to go back through an enemy unit before it can come back at one of theirs

1. Summon Umbral Spellportal

2. Send a Purple Sun deep into the enemy lines 

3. Dispel the Spellportal

4. Profit

I'm wondering how expensive Predatory spells are points cost wise. 

Nagash casting the portal in the middle of an army, using Hand of Dust, the Orb spell, Vile Transference and potentially even Soul Harvest sounds evil haha If you can even cast more than one endless spell adding the Sun is just the cherry on top.

1 minute ago, kuroyume said:

I'm guessing that since summoned models don't cost points anymore, neither will endless spells.

Especially since it appears they'll be able to be dispelled by your opponent and won't be "yours" once cast.

13 minutes ago, kuroyume said:

I'm guessing that since summoned models don't cost points anymore, neither will endless spells.

Possible, but I really hope the will. There should be some condition to using them besides casting them successfully and not having them unbound. Maybe they cost comand points...

10 minutes ago, bsharitt said:

Especially since it appears they'll be able to be dispelled by your opponent and won't be "yours" once cast.

As the caster you still have the privilege to start them where you want and move them first, which is a pretty big advantage.

Archived