Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

1 minute ago, GeneralZero said:

In the actual rules, are there some other summonable units other than skeletons, grave guards, and black knights?

Spirit hosts, hexwraiths, tomb banshee, Cairn Wraith, morgast archai ...

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, GeneralZero said:

In the actual rules, are there some other summonable units other than skeletons, grave guards, ,black knights, spirit host and hexwraith (in death faction)?

Zombies, Dire Wolves, Bat Swarms and Fell Bats also.

It will be fine at worst, good at best.

We have a decent team of trusted testers out there now, I doubt any of the reactions we are seeing were not also brought up by the testing team.

I'll not panic...I survived every edition from 4th WFB and I'll survive this one.

3 minutes ago, Lardidar said:

It will be fine at worst, good at best.

We have a decent team of trusted testers out there now, I doubt any of the reactions we are seeing were not also brought up by the testing team.

I'll not panic...I survived every edition from 4th WFB and I'll survive this one.

The testers play new battletome armies, not legacy armies like us plebs. 

4 minutes ago, Sheriff said:

The testers play new battletome armies, not legacy armies like us plebs. 

Maybe, I'll play whatever takes my fancy if it's top of the line or useless. I still think it will be OK, I'm happy to see undead summoning it just feels right for the lore. I'll also enjoy sending my freeguild to meet them. Archaon being summoned to my game, great...I'm glad the grand marshal of the apocalypse is keeping himself busy (taste some moonclan steel)

We are also yet to see 2018's missions...maybe there will be negatives to coming back over and over. I don't mind if I'm outpointed if my army is set up well to score objectives...never tell me the odds! :)

1 hour ago, VoodooChileIRL said:

It's interesting, the "Pulled to the Grave" Endless spell has very similar rules as the "Ravening Hunger" Endless spell from the Ironjawz Faction Focus. I wonder if that's what all the spells do (or some minor variation on that) or if we'll see a bit more variation.

Seems like Ravening Hunger is a little more powerful doing D3 Mortal Wounds to units within 1" to where it ends it's move, I wonder how much more to the spell is there, presumably different movement characteristics?

Also with the changes to the Summoning Rules I think it might be a bit of a missed opportunity if Ironjawz don't see some love, maybe giving the 'Ard Boyz the "Summonable" tag and giving Warchanters a way to summon squads of them with "noise" points or something. I know that's what the 'Ardfist did but would be interesting if it was no longer tied exclusively to the Battalion.

Yeah I also noticed that they are almost identical! I hope that some of the other ones will have more creative rules :)AoSFFLoN-May24-PulledGrave21hm.jpg.a193487d3bf55cc8db953325a8a6800c.jpgAoSFFIronjawz-May17-RaveningHunger27ge-500x253.jpg.0f0a6bad3776f3f316c2e0ae937c801e.jpg

That being said I'm still pumped to switch from my purely missile army of dispossessed and ironweld arsenal, to an army that is stronger in the hero phase :)

1 hour ago, Mayple said:

There's a lot of needless panic here. Take two massive pills of 'stop making mountains out of molehills' and call me in the morning ;)

Since we've been down this road before: let me just remind you all that skelletons have a movement value of 4. They might have returned to the table, but they're not coming back to a fight anytime soon.

And, as was pointed out, you don't -have- to wipe out the whole unit. Pull your punches.

Disregarding entirely that if you murder their general, nothing will be coming back at all.

Oh no! Strategic choices!? :D

All in all, I'm happy for death players. They deserve this.

The tactics to this date have actually been to kill the whole unit of skeletons because otherwise they just replenish to full size. Now thats not possible anymore. Only solution is to give skeletons a higher price or the characters. 

With apologies to the ghost of Emily Dickinson...

Because I would not stop for Death –

He cruelly stopped for me –

The Black Coach held but just Ourselves —

And Immorality.

We slowly drove – He knew no haste

Skellies move but four

And if you somehow kill them all,

He’ll only Summon More —

We passed the Graves, where Zombies strove

I mustered up a Ring –

Of cheap chaff Battline models —

Maybe forty Skinks –

I wove them ‘twixt and round and ‘tween — Taking special care —

To land them all nine inches from —

Nagash’s derrière.

I think that a lot of the community at large hasn’t realized that we haven’t seen what the new point costs for armies are going to be in AOS V2, or their updated warscrolls.

Yes, a lot of armies are getting to summon units out on the field without needing reserve points. But maybe those factions have their base units go up in price? Perhaps non-summoning factions have their unit costs decreased? Maybe there are astral warriors being added that any mage in the game can summon. Maybe Freeguild Greatswords are going to get 10 attacks each at -5 rend 20 damage.

I’m going to hold my judgement until I see the whole picture.

1 hour ago, LLV said:

Maybe the reason death have been SO underwhelming since LoN was because they were DESIGNED to take free summoning into account? And the build that has done ok recently? Well it relies on Nagash and not very many summonable units. 

Nurgle I’ll concede look very strong with these abilities, but again I will say we haven’t seen the whole picture, like revised posts and revised warscrolls.

Underwhelming? Not summoning units? In my area two Nagash and 60+ skeleton lists made it to 3d, and 4th place in our recent tournament. 

4 minutes ago, ParachuteHopper said:

Maybe Freeguild Greatswords are going to get 10 attacks each at -5 rend 20 damage.

Give this one a job GW, I have 30 sat on my desk and I'd happily take tzeentch level hate to field them :)

The panic mode here is quite ridiculous considering that people haven't even seen the full picture. Couple pointers here:

1. We don't have army points. For all we know, all these summoning armies could end up seeing small points increases across the board. Tzeentch has basically been begging for nerfs for quite some time now and I wouldn't be surprised to see their points go up.

2. Community team is not reliable. They have read rules wrong in the past and sometimes miss the obvious. They've also deliberately left out important details.

3. Most warcsrolls and other odd summoning mechanics are likely either changing or simply not working with the whole "free summons"-mechanic. I doubt gw is so stupid that they'd allow free blue/brimstone horrors to come out of pinks atleast not without massive point increase for pinks. Armies like FEC need to simply wait and see what gw has in store for them.

4. Most of those new summoning mechanics aren't even as bad as people make them out to be. Just to throw some examples here:

- Khorne. Saving those blood points for summoning means you aren't using them for anything else which is balancing khorne's allegiance ability.

- Nurgle. I calculated the average points you get by turn 4 (turn 5 is mostly meaningless for summons) assuming you have horticulous in your army (for free tree) and sure you get free guo at turn 4... who can't cast magic, can't shoot anyone, most likely fails charge too. You can do small summons earlier but I don't see single extra plague drone unit or 2 beasts of nurgle breaking the meta. Nurgle's menagerie battallion makes summoning easier but currently it's the most expensive battallion in the army so it's not exactly free summoning then.

- LON. First of all, your general is the only who can use that ability. Secondly since it is command ability, you also use command point plus you waste possibly usefull command from your general (nagash command ability is super powerful by itself for example). Third, since your general is the only one capable of using it, that general will have massive target painted on them and you can bet that any army that can destroy that general with relative ease, will do so. Finally as mentioned, leaving units just alive with few models in it will ensure that nothing comes back (nothing big at least). Yeah sure, gravesites/heroes bring them back with invocation but killing heroes has always been priority against death armies and stacking too many graves on one area leaves other areas exposed. 

Now I'm not saying that these armies aren't gonna be powerful or that these summon mechanics don't have the possibility to break the game in a bad way, but we simply don't have the whole picture yet. Wait for the full revwals before you grab your pitchforks.

Touney are NOT the reflect of the efficiency of the armies. They are the result of statistics and luck because the tourney trees are not  pyramidals. When those tourneys will be in the sheme of the winner is the winnner of the winner of the winner of the first game, it'll be more conclusive.

18 minutes ago, Miscast said:

Shadespire could be used as a good multi-purpose tool to add heroes to armies that are lacking

Unfortunately, at present, there is only one model with the HERO keyword that has been released in the Shadespire model range.

And it’s a Skaven Warlord. ?

But, for future warbands... it would be cool to see more HERO units come out of Shadespire.

Archived