Age of Sigmar: Second Edition

1 minute ago, BenOutTheDen said:

He was clearly implying that people don't like her because she wasn't swining a hammer while shooting laserbeams out of her eyes, which is clearly pejorative towards other people's opinion.

I did just delivered my thoughts about the model without judging other's you liked it. It's absolutely ridiculous that you try to involve the feelings of the company employee who sclupted it.... ?

15 minutes ago, BenOutTheDen said:

She looks like she came straight out of an edgar allan poe coloring-book for little girls.

She had such a promising silhouette, though.

He definitiv could have worded it better but yours is definitely way worse. You can't argue that saying something is for little girls isn't meant in a derogativ way 

Bickering aside, I like her. The skull covered by a brides veil is a great aesthetic. Reminds me of a renaissance statue I have seen once. 

Like a mix of these two:

statue-death-veil-isolated-black-background-focusing-head-skull-torso-70253722.jpg.f9068758196e4f34ed9e1d45d8171174.jpgveiled_vestal_virgin_by_nmidia-d3cr62v.jpg.d475a399e40bcc041a9ed7b88569793f.jpg

• Replies 4.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

@bentheden I think its cool you went back and edited the edge off your comments, I do that too lots if I feel I delivered something in a way that I didn't intend.

Have a nice evening! I don't think anything you said was nasty or anything, I just read it a bit harsh.

Probably just passion!

7 minutes ago, Turragor said:

not a company - employees. I just think your thoughts need groomed before delivery, but it aint my job to worry about that.

Which one's feeling I need to consider?  You started it and now I'm really curious in which way I am obligated to consider the development time of a design product I don't like to forge my opinion.  ?

Just now, BenOutTheDen said:

Which one's feeling I need to consider?  You started it and know I'm really curious in which way I am obligated to consider the development time of a design product I don't like to forge my opinion.  ?

You'd originally written company (only) pre-edit and I just mentioned that there's ppl who make the stuff. Sometimes they aren't 'heart in it' types, or the modus operandi of the company is to cut corners and churn out ******, but I've always got the impression the GW folks really care. So I imagined a few creative types reading the reviews and seeing the harsh stuff and being sad.

From a company perspective, ofc, no need to pretend a company is an individual or to treat it as such.

2 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

He definitiv could have worded it better but yours is definitely way worse. You can't argue that saying something is for little girls isn't meant in a derogativ way 

Bickering aside, I like her. The skull covered by a brides veil is a great aesthetic. Reminds me of a renaissance statue I have seen once. 

Like a mix of these two:

statue-death-veil-isolated-black-background-focusing-head-skull-torso-70253722.jpg.f9068758196e4f34ed9e1d45d8171174.jpgveiled_vestal_virgin_by_nmidia-d3cr62v.jpg.d475a399e40bcc041a9ed7b88569793f.jpg

Oh man, that second one creeps me right out! ?

2 minutes ago, Turragor said:

You'd originally written company (only) pre-edit and I just mentioned that there's ppl who make the stuff. Sometimes they aren't 'heart in it' types, or the modus operandi of the company is to cut corners and churn out ******, but I've always got the impression the GW folks really care. So I imagined a few creative types reading the reviews and seeing the harsh stuff and being sad.

From a company perspective, ofc, no need to pretend a company is an individual or to treat it as such.

On the flip side, if you are going to be in a creative endeavor then you should probably be willing to accept the full spectrum of responses.  Some people might appreciate the effort but not like the final product for whatever reason, others might absolutely love it, some people will be lukewarm, and then others will absolutely detest it.  I feel that you should be able to express your opinion of a piece of work, even if that opinion is very harsh, without that being a bad reflection of the artist.

On that note, I really like this model.

10 minutes ago, Turragor said:

Sorry, but you're clearly getting overboard with your consideration of the employees sentiments.

That is wrong in several ways, GW is a stock company and sells to gain profit. The model is just a product in a mass production line. The model is received - let's call it at least - mixed, although people were really hyped for her release.  You could argue that's an indicator that it the model is indeed not their best work. GW is big buisness now and it wants to expand.

Also a designer can only improve professionally when he's corrected by the market.  I don't even doubt there are people whose lifeblood went into their work, yet they should reach a level of professionalism to withstand eligible criticism to their product.

And after all "looks like she came out of an edgar allan poe coloring book for little girls" is pretty accurate and rather light hearted verbalized.

But I think we reached the point to end this discussion between the two of us now.

30 minutes ago, Gotrek said:

Am i the only one leery of the new night haunt (the mortarch in particular) in regards to transport and the rigors of playing with them? Seems most of them are connected to the base by a single spindly bit

I think you’re quite right to be a bit conrcened about transport they do look prone to snapping. 

I do like the look of them though Mortarch of Grief included she’s well creepy 

5 minutes ago, Gotrek said:

Am i the only one leery of the new night haunt (the mortarch in particular) in regards to transport and the rigors of playing with them? Seems most of them are connected to the base by a single spindly bit

I just played a GT with an army that included a unit of ten DoK Heartrenders and they held up quite well despite being connected to the base by only a long, thin tail and having spindly wings.  No damage to anything that I can see.

4 minutes ago, BenOutTheDen said:

Sorry, but you're clearly getting overboard with your consideration of the employees sentiments.

That is wrong in several ways, GW is a stock company and sells to gain profit. The model is just a product in a mass production line. The model is received - let's call it at least - mixed, although people were really hyped for her release.  You could argue that's an indicator that it the model is indeed not their best work. GW is big buisness now and it wants to expand.

Also a designer can only improve professionally when he's corrected by the market.  I don't even doubt there are people whose lifeblood went into their work, yet they should reach a level of professionalism to withstand eligible criticism to their product.

And after all "looks like she came out of an edgar allan poe coloring book for little girls" is pretty accurate and rather light hearted verbalized.

But I think we reached the point to end this discussion between the two of us now.

yeah I think we can move on, I'm not so invested in my position and I agree with elements of yours.

Mortarch of grief.

On the positive side, it is completely new, with a specific design, like the latest Eidolon... And for me, nothing really more positive.

On the negative: my first impression was a disapointment. I find the design a bit lazy, and the face awfully lazy. The face has no character at all, especially when compared to other mortarch which are EPIC on their mount.

About the face: all the other NEW Nighthaunt units have a nice scuplted face very expressive with different approachs. Look a the new banshee! wow, the new NH troops and heros, WOW. And their leader? No face at all. Even with a color sheme (I almost wrote "shame") it will be difficult to give some relief.

Well, the thing is: we all more or less to get it because you can't avoid it. I'll learn to like it anyway...(with the details around her)

I really love the mortarch of grief!!! Really diferent from others, but still 10/10. Really hard to accomplish something that seems to be frail, etheral and sad at the same time (the concept is awesome), and still be the leader of a an army made of screaming/chained/tortured ghosts and souls. 10/10.

I had a very brief look in the core rules for AoS 2 and I noticed that all the grand alliance allegiance abilities remain the same (from what I could tell). Also, even the armies which weren't in the table of contents get a small chapter on them. 

29 minutes ago, BenOutTheDen said:

As a side note, this sounds like a pretty awesome coloring book.  I would definitely buy it for my daughter!

59 minutes ago, Turragor said:

| Martin | | Stormcast | Lord Arcanum on Gryph-Charger Knight-Incantor, 2 x 5 Sequitors, Celestar Ballista, 3 Evocators, 2 x 3 Castigators, 2 x 5 Liberators2 x 5 JudicatorsKnight venator2 x Knight Azyros, Endless Spell - Chronomatic Cog.| THERE MAY BE ERRORS FROM TRANSCRIPTION |

2 Knight Azyros?

His warscroll must have changed because he's usually not even worth running 1 copy...

Archived