New nighthaunt spotted. !!!!!

Dracothjay

I feel TORMENTED SPIRIT might be better served with chainrasp hordes. The problem is not being able to take 2 of these and not being able to use both of the spirits abilities per battleshock phase (which sucks). But this is only one warscroll. I have a good feeling about this.

i think if we keep telling ourselves that NH could possibly be an army that’s not going to have the whole ‘resurrect units’ mechanic, then we won’t be let down if it doesn’t materialise. Either way, NH is fresh, they look awesome and they are going to be incredible!

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

Well.. this could be a second army :D

if Nagash as General is possible, I could imagine easily getting a 2k army list with night haunt allegiance. But well judging from the sheer awesomeness of the new modells I am going to get them anyway *my wallet weeps already*

3 hours ago, AaronWIlson said:

Well.. this could be a second army :D

Also proclaimed my allegiance to Nagash!!! Haven't been this excited since Ironjawz!!!

As with the first starter I wonder if the boxed version of these units will have more build options. Maybe the Chainrasps will get a spear option, etc...

Soo excited!

Rumor has it the narrator of the video is a new Mortarchn the so-called Mortarch of Grief.  Theories suggest it may be Khalida or Isabella, neither of which I think is particularly likely (GW's aversion to TK references and the absence of Vladn of you must know).

My personal theory, which I am all but willing to put money on, is that if there is a Mortarch of Grief coming it's Celemnis the Silver Maiden.

Isabella is the strong rumor, and I believe it.  Mortarch of grief fits.  Black Coach for vlad fits.  It's not the direction I would have taken for either Isabella (would have rather seen her take over Vlad's legacy as Mortarch of Shadow and play her as a gender swapped dracula expy) or for a 'Mortarch of Grief' (would have rather seen Tamra ven Drak in that role, with grief over things she actually did rather than things done to or for her, plus it would have given the undead a named character whose story and motivations come out of the mortal realms, not the oldhammer world), but it scans.

On 5/14/2018 at 11:41 AM, Elmir said:

I disagree with it (also owning and having painted all the warbands...) These 4 models don't have nearly enough distinctive characteristics  compared to each other to be a shadespire warband I think...  All carry the exact same weaponry (already something you never see in shadespire warbands) and don't have any distinct armor pieces/helmets etc... 

Also, the daggers of these 4 models don't match the heavy swords you see on the spectral parry card... neither do they have a noose around the neck like the artwork of the card has (none of them do). The specific shadespire cards tend to have an image of at least 1 of their members performing the action , and  the models simply don't match the artwork. 

In fact, closer inspection of the other revealed models, show some models with scenic bases, and some without (same goes for the stormcast eternal models , some have scenic bases, some don't)... I think the scenic bases might be because these are push-fit models belonging to the new starterset instead of new shadespire warbands.... The new nighthaunt cavalry also have the same style scenic bases and they wouldn't even fit inside a shadespire hex!

I am not saying you are for sure wrong, but I will point out that 3 of the 7 Sepulchural Guard are petitioners with exactly the same stats and equipment.

The horsemen are the biggest wrench in my ideas, as they do have fancy bases as well.  Potentially they could be a warband also, which would be cool, but I doubt it.  As to their bases not fitting inside the hex, they don't have to perfectly fit in a hex to play well in Shadespire, or they could even introduce a unit that takes up two hexes.  If they are new push fit models for a starter set... I find it strange that they would not make the entire starter set have those bases and only pull out one or two.  Of what we have seen, those two horsemen have fancy bases, and the four banshees have fancy bases.  Nothing else, not even the Knight of Shrouds on his horse has those nice bases.

I figured 98% because there is a small chance we are just seeing new fancy bases like the realm of battle ones they released back in the day.  

As to someone else mentioning they saw them in the teaser so they can't be warbands... all warbands have warscrolls for normal AoS play, and a squad of four fancier banshees could actually end up being a decent unit for normal play.

On ‎5‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 2:34 AM, CoffeeGrunt said:

Scenic bases might just be elaborate pet rocks due to their posing, similar to how every Harlequin in 40k has an elaborate pet rock. 

Also the three Petitioners have very different poses to differentiate them. 

Very different is apparently subjective then, because all four of those banshees have unique poses.  One is swooping low, one is falling back, one seems to be sweeping to the right, etc.  Petitioners were two swinging swords, and one crawling out of the  ground.

I understand your point, but I don't know why you would think those banshee poses are not 'differentiated' enough?  They are more unique than the Prince of Dust, Champion, and Petitioner with chunk of head missing.  Not to mention the Orruk Warband's mostly samey poses.

6 hours ago, Nevar said:

I understand your point, but I don't know why you would think those banshee poses are not 'differentiated' enough?  They are more unique than the Prince of Dust, Champion, and Petitioner with chunk of head missing.  Not to mention the Orruk Warband's mostly samey poses.

The two examples you mention have different weapons and armour. That's the point, that unit has the same weapons and armour, which is rare in Shadespire outside of the chaff models like Skaven or Petitioners. Even then, they try and differentiate them with models like the Petitioner climbing out of the grave. 

The Champion and Prince Of Dust look entirely different to the Petitioners. Different weapons, armour and overall aesthetic. 

On ‎5‎/‎19‎/‎2018 at 5:09 AM, CoffeeGrunt said:

The two examples you mention have different weapons and armour. That's the point, that unit has the same weapons and armour, which is rare in Shadespire outside of the chaff models like Skaven or Petitioners. Even then, they try and differentiate them with models like the Petitioner climbing out of the grave. 

The Champion and Prince Of Dust look entirely different to the Petitioners. Different weapons, armour and overall aesthetic. 

We are going to have to just disagree on that then.  Banshees have daggers and their screams, that is basically all.  Those four models are similar to the banshees we have on the Mortis Engine in that they also all have similar clothing and daggers in hand.  The Orruk's for instance have the same armor, and are only really different in pose and weapons.

I do not consider the Prince of Dust or the Champion very distinct in comparison to the petitioners.  The Harvester and the Warden of course are extremely different, but besides the alternate poses and weapons ol' dust boi and claymore dude are just slight upgraded petitioners to my eye.

I will say though, that all of the warbands have pretty unique leaders models except maybe the dwarf guy, and none of those banshees scream 'leader' to me either.

The Prince has a shield and crown, and the champion has no shield, a two handed sword and a bit more armour. It's something very easy to differentiate with a paintjob. 

Either way, you're agreeing with me that Shadespire Warbands have different weapons for each member, and that this unit doesn't. 

On 5/15/2018 at 7:38 AM, CoffeeGrunt said:

You can use both, you just need to kill twice as much. 

Also those veiled Lady in White banshees are in the Nighthaunt trailer, which wouldn't make sense if they were a Shadespire Warband. 

I'm fairly confident that they are not a shadespire warband.

I've seen images from warhammer-fest of the same unit, once on the scenic bases with the grey-ish rim and another with a slightly different colour scheme on less fancy looking bases with a brown-ish rim.

I think the scenic bases may be a separate release altogether, or there are loads of bits on the sprues to make nice Shyish style bases. Or my eyes are ******, but you can see them with their veils painted black instead of white next to a black coach in a warhammer-fest cabinet, looking as if they are very much part of a larger army.

I also think that the veiled ladies will be a dual kit, one with veils and daggers (seen at warhammer-fest), the other with skull faces and mantis style arms (from the reveal trailer).

The one thing that is bothersome though, is that the new grenade crossbow stormcast on the scenic bases with the gryph-hound *do* look like a shadespire warband, and they are all very samey.

Archived