Death changes we'd like to see in GHB2018

Vortumnas

2 hours ago, Glaurung said:

Read the GH2018

LoN are the same, a part for bloodknights that are going down.

Could have been better, i was hoping for decreases to wights, thrones, zombies, etc.  But then again, I was afraid of increases to necros, skeletons, and dire wolves, so that could have gone a lot worse too.

Just how cheap are the blood knights getting?

I take it batch pricing is still in place?  God, i hate batch pricing.

If I think two units of three morghasts is more aesthetically appealing than three units of two, I should be allowed to do that without paying points for a whole two morghasts that I'm not fielding.  If I buy two boxes of horrors and build one of them as a courtier, I should be allowed to field the remaining unit of five wiyhout paying points for a sixth horror that isn't in my army.

The batch pricing rules are absurd and needlessly, maliciously punitive, especially for flesh eaters.

3 hours ago, Glaurung said:

Read the GH2018

Almost nothing changed for FEC.
Tzeentch got hammered, Greater demon now costs 380 and gaunt 160.

LoN are the same, a part for bloodknights that are going down.

Are there any more point values for prominent armies you remember? Thanks for your comment telling us this info btw!

Karadron changed in everything.

every battallion had a point increase with excepitions.

LoN, DoK, Nurgle stayed the same, a part for batllions and other minor things (blood knights dropped).

Magic is pricey, from 20 to 100 points.

I also read the malign sorcery book: 6 weapons and 6 relics per realm, but most of them are not worth imho.

there’s a cloack for shysh that u can use once per battle. The enermy can’t shoot the bearer for the test of the turb

5 hours ago, Glaurung said:

there’s a cloack for shysh that u can use once per battle. The enermy can’t shoot the bearer for the test of the turb

A cloak that makes you immune to being shot for a turn could be amazing.  Is it for a turn or 'until your next X phase' ?

If the points largely stay the same, then LoN comes out of the book way ahead. Massive buffs to summoning, command ability changes, some more warscroll options from Nighthaunt, more magic options, and changes to shooting all benefit Legion. Personally I think Blood Knights are totally decent now (at least in Legion of Blood). At 240 I think they'll be solid and at 220 they will be really good. 

EDIT: also just wanted to say that I think Gaunt Summoner at 160 is still fantastic, although he is hurt more than most by the changes to the Balewind Vortex. If Horrors are staying the same pointswise but get to split for free then Tzeentch is going to be even better than it is now even if the LoC goes up by 60. 

Archived