Jack Armstrong

Tony Moore

Myhill's

So many possibilities 

What will take it out:

Nurgle ,

Archaon list,

So what's do we think?

I think Vanguard wing is pretty dead. You might see someone in the top 10-20 with it but that's more down to good players still having the models painted than the actual list.

Changehost is going to be in the top 3 and I think we've had enough time now for LoN to have a real shot at unseating some of the other power lists. DoK are a wildcard, they're strong but they have match-up issues with tankier death lists and changehost.

In no particular order, top five will be:

Tzeentch

Fyreslayers

Nurgle

Mixed order monster mash

Daughters of Khaine

6-10 will be any of the above plus a chance for some of the below:

Death with a big monster

Kharadron Overlords

Khorne

Stardrake SCE

Non-Kroaknado Seraphon

One of those Archaeon lists that has popped up because people are finally catching onto the power of super buffed monsters.

Lowest average finish will be Stormcast

Highest average finish will be Daughters of Khaine

Distribution of armies by grand alliance:

Chaos: 34%

Order: 31%

Death: 22%

Destruction: 13%

Fatesworn or Plague Touched warbands will do alright I think. I also have a feeling the daughters of Khaine will perform strongly. As for a winner I don’t generally look past Jack Armstrong until someone shows me otherwise. 

42 minutes ago, Lord Veshnakar said:

Anyone know how this event went down? 

@Stevewren nailed it.

Jack Armstrong won with Vanguard Wing.

Chris Myhill with Mixed Order was 2nd.

Darren Watson with Plaguetouched Warband was 3rd.

Liam Cook and  Ben Curry finished 5th and 7th overall with DOK.

Highest Death was Pete Scholey at 6th (Nagash list).

Highest Destruction was Ian Spink at 45th (Bonesplitterz).

7 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

For a newer player what is Vanguard wing? 

It's a battalion that Stormcast can use of 3 units of Prosecutors and a unit of Liberators and Judicators. The Liberators can teleport by the Prosecutors as well as getting some buffs to hit by being near them. Commonly used with a big unit of Liberators that gets buffed up and will mince through units or sit on objectives. Note I'm no expert and I'm sure there is more to the list than that (and I'm not being sarcastic here either. I know if I took the list I would be nowhere near as good as anybody else with some experience with it). 

Suspect it will be changed in new version as I think we will see wording around having to be wholly within rather than just within.

2 minutes ago, AaronWIlson said:

Man I'd love to watch some proper high level AoS being played. Is there any streams / recordings of big AoS events? 

The Warhammer TV Twitch channel is your best bet, but there is still a gap in the market for quality sports-commentary-style AOS coverage that discusses the strategy used, and analysing decisions live from the table. 

3 hours ago, AaronWIlson said:

Man I'd love to watch some proper high level AoS being played. Is there any streams / recordings of big AoS events? 

The Honest Wargamer has a twitch channel that often has guests that demonstrate high level lists. The chap who came 3rd for instance was on playing a few weeks ago. All their twitch archive is free unlike gw and they run live shows 3 times a week on Monday weds and Thursday.  They will be providing coverage at BOBO (bravery one British open) and a couple months with will be a big AoS event.

1 hour ago, Twitch of Izalith said:

Were they using the Malign Portents rules at SCGT this year? 

We’re all going to be basically using malign portents rules in about 6 weeks time.

Quickly scrolling through the names I think the highest Tzeentch lists were Matt Lyons in 14th with Tzangor Enlightened, Matt Rogers in 18th with the Multitudinous Host, and myself in 19th with the Omniscient Oracles. Maybe the days of Tzeentch power and the Changehost are over...

Both Pete Scholey and Ricky Mee finished in the top 10 with Death, and both had Nagash in their lists too.

Archived