Verminlord Corruptor - Plaguemaster

Riff_Raff_Rascal

Question

Lets say I cast a verminlord's plague spell on orks with 2 wounds each. For each MODEL, roll a die, on a 6 the UNIT takes a mortal wound. It also has the potential to copy its effects to nearby ork units, also 2 wounds each. Lets say I do 3 mortal wounds to each  unit and 1.5 orks die. 

Now, the verminlord also has a passive plaguemaster ability that says "if an enemy model suffers a wound from [him] but is not slain, roll a dice at the end of the turn. On a 2+ that model suffers a mortal wound". 

Will those orks with 1 wound left in each unit take another hit? Am I treating the spell's effects as another source of damage from the verminlord?

4 answers to this question

5 hours ago, Riff_Raff_Rascal said:

Lets say I cast a verminlord's plague spell on orks with 2 wounds each. For each MODEL, roll a die, on a 6 the UNIT takes a mortal wound. It also has the potential to copy its effects to nearby ork units, also 2 wounds each. Lets say I do 3 mortal wounds to each  unit and 1.5 orks die. 

Now, the verminlord also has a passive plaguemaster ability that says "if an enemy model suffers a wound from [him] but is not slain, roll a dice at the end of the turn. On a 2+ that model suffers a mortal wound". 

Will those orks with 1 wound left in each unit take another hit? Am I treating the spell's effects as another source of damage from the verminlord?

I would say, each unit that took damage by the Verminlord corruptor has to roll a dice for Plaguemaster. In other cases the rule would have to more specific (damage in the shooting phase and/or close combat phase). But in that case Arcane Bolt would strangely count, too.

1 hour ago, HorseOnABeachBall said:

Hmm, this is a tricky one, As mortal wounds and wounds are not the same thing. RAW, I would say plaguemaster does not trigger.

Yeah okay, this could be the difference. The the rule could be straighter if it would say shooting Phase and Close Combat Phase or "suffers a wound from any Verminlord Corruptors Prehensile Tail or his Plaguereapers ..."

I noticed the "wound" vs. "mortal wound" as soon as I thought of the question. But I have to wonder, in practice I'll maybe get a single mortal wound out of this if its only triggered by his melee attacks (or derpy ranged attack). I would only ever engage a single unit of orks in this case and thus only 1 enemy model would ever be "left alive" to then get plaguemastered. Obviously I would hope for the RAI side of things, making the spell "plague" more plague-y.

Archived