Killing Frenzy and Portal

Keith

Question

Does the prayer "KIlling Frenzy" apply to shooting attacks ?

Does the +1 attack for the portal of skulls effect all of a units different attacks in the combat phase , does it add an attack for mounts like Skullcrushers ?

5 answers to this question

If you read a bit... In the description of the skill is cleary described: +1 attack to all melé weapons.

Killing frenzy don't give +1 attack to the shooting atacks ( the skull cannon can't shot twice with this, sorry ^^)

And yes, the mounts win atacks too.

3 hours ago, Iradekhorne said:

If you read a bit... In the description of the skill is cleary described: +1 attack to all melé weapons.

Killing frenzy don't give +1 attack to the shooting atacks ( the skull cannon can't shot twice with this, sorry ^^)

And yes, the mounts win atacks too.

As I read it "Killing Frenzy " gives +1 to hit. ( not +1 attack , sorry if I worded my question poorly)

My question was does this +1 to hit apply to shooting attacks ?

The 2nd part of my question applied to the The Portal of Skulls that gives +1 attack.

My question was does this +1 attack apply to mounts ?

I think the answer is yes to both questions , but then I had someone telling me that it doesn't apply and mounts never get bonuses , "its in the FAQ somewhere" but I cant find any reference to this.

2 hours ago, Keith said:

As I read it "Killing Frenzy " gives +1 to hit. ( not +1 attack , sorry if I worded my question poorly)

My question was does this +1 to hit apply to shooting attacks ?

The 2nd part of my question applied to the The Portal of Skulls that gives +1 attack.

My question was does this +1 attack apply to mounts ?

I think the answer is yes to both questions , but then I had someone telling me that it doesn't apply and mounts never get bonuses , "its in the FAQ somewhere" but I cant find any reference to this.

Yes and yes.

The restriction for mounts is not in the FAQ but is mentioned in newer battletomes before artifacts and items. In BoK and some other books a restriction for mounts is mentioned directly in the ability description. (e.g. Disciple of Khorne, it probably just got tedious writing it down for every command ability and artifact that might affect mounts. They clearly don't want mounts benefit from the riders sword and stuff, which is understandable.)

The portal is a different story, same as Fatesworn Warband, you are free to buff your ponies.

On 5/1/2018 at 8:00 PM, Keith said:

Does the prayer "KIlling Frenzy" apply to shooting attacks ?

Does the +1 attack for the portal of skulls effect all of a units different attacks in the combat phase , does it add an attack for mounts like Skullcrushers ?

Killing Frenzy is not specific to Melee. It says “to the hit rolls of the unit” 
“If this prayer is successful, pick either the PRIEST or a KHORNE unit from your army that is within 16" of the PRIEST and which is visible to them. Add 1 to the hit rolls of the unit you picked until your next hero phase.”

Portal of Skulls was updated in the FAQ and has been replaced with the following wording:

Page 137 – Bloodsecrator, Portal of Skulls, Rage of Khorne
Change to:
‘Rage of Khorne: Add 1 to the Attacks characteristic for melee weapons used by friendly Khorne units while they are within 18” of any models with this ability. In addition, do not take battleshock tests for friendly Khorne units while they are within 18” of any models with this ability.’

Rage of Khorne is not an Allegiance Ability/Command Trait/Artefact and calls out “Friendly KHORNE” and so the Mounts would qualify. 

@Xasz I believe the faq you’re looking for is for the use of Allegiance Abilities on mounts was FAQ’d in the GHB 2017 v1.2 FAQ:

“Page 117 – Allegiance Abilities, Mounts
Change the second sentence to:
‘In all such cases, any command traits or magical artefacts can only be used to affect attacks made by the hero, and have no effect on attacks made by the their mount unless specifically stated otherwise.”

Archived