New AOS Player - Stormcast Eternals Good?

Shinzra

Hello and good morning to all.

I am looking to get into Age of Sigmar, and have been thinking of starting with I guess the "Space Marine" equivalent Stormcast Eternals.

Just wanted to ask in terms of competitive play, how do they perform?, are they performing well?, multiple options in terms of list building available or?

And any general advice anyone may have for a potential Stormcast player is appreciated.

Thank you

They perform well. There are a few competitive battalions you can currently build around (Vanguard Wing, Aetherstrike, Skyborne Slayers). On a whole they offer a very large range of units, allowing for a flexible and diverse range of armies to be fielded. For starters, I would take a look at their units/battalions and see which play-style you would like to build towards. The "Let's Chat Stormcast Eternals" is a great place to post any ideas or questions related to them. 

While they are not at the top competitive level, they have solid list that can do well in any tournament. Like, in a 100 person tournament, being in top 10 is hard now, but you can be sure to be in top 30 if you play well.

The army have a ton of units, bataillion, and playstyle. Just for this, they are very good. So many things to do.

And they are AOS poster boys. They may never be always the big top contender, but they'll never be bad.

Archived