The Painting Contract - May 2018

“Complete the WHQ Doomseeker”

Managed to sneak in the Doomseeker from Silver Tower last day of April! 

This month will be wonky ... so let’s see about doing another Shadespire Warband assembly in place of completing the Doomseeker ... there’s a tournament coming up in a couple weeks... and I have my eye on winning some Wound tokens!

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well I am each month proving to myself how bad I am at getting myself to paint and sticking to deadlines (or just sticking to projects)

This month I am going to hopefully focus a bit on some 40k (Got some raging heroes flesh eaters coming in to make into wracks that I'm looking forward to having assembled an hopefully painted) and necromunda (Van saar baby!)

However I am wanting to get started on my wanderer skirmish warband idea for when I wish for a break from 40k. So my pledge this month shall be as follows:

-Convert up a nomad prince(ss)
-Paint up a couple of glade guard to get my colour scheme
-Paint up a sister of the thorne
-Convert up either the nomad princess or a glade guard in a similar style to kerillian from vermintide (I love the whole mask, hood and fur thing going on)

Hopefully I can get these done and push myself to paint lots this month. Because goodness knows I need to. Main issue is going to be finding good bits to convert my nomad princess with because I do not want to buy things this month. Got spare bits from: Sisters of the thorn, shadow warriors, glade guard and eternal guard so should be able to find something hopefully. Might see if any of my statuesque mini's heads have ears covered so they can be a nice unique hairstyle.

On 4/30/2018 at 2:01 PM, Kramer said:

After two tries i’m not even putting my Cauldron down as a goal ? only stretch

goals:

finish steelheart and homies & build and paint the cauldrons passengers 

stretch: 

details on cauldron + OSL on cauldron + magnitized mirror  

Haha I suck at this contract thing. After pledging the Cauldron for two months and not finishing it to this day. Within 24hrs of setting this goal a mate asked for a game on thursday night. So last night I: build 7 Sisters of Slaughter, 2 Witch Aelfs, prepped the conversions of 5 seekers to Warlocks. I not only have all the Sisters and Witches primed but did all the clothing, weapons and most of the details on the first 5 models only leaving the hair and skin to be done on them. 
(i'm going mixed Aelfs & Daemonettes, started that way before the new book hit and I just read around that whole Morathi hates Slaanesh bit ?)

So short term pledge is to finish all the Sisters and Witches and either an already primed Medusa or the 5 seekers to a tabletop standard and do all the details in the rest of the month.... but who am I kidding I'll probably switch that up as well ;) 

been doing 40k mostly for the last while but I'm getting back to AoS now with my Khorne stuff. So! I pledge to do my Mighty lord of Khorne, 5 blood warriors and 10 Bloodletters. Hopefully it'll be a good month :D 

Hello all, I'd like to join the fun and the pledge :)

I registered for a local tournament that runs from now until end of June. I showed up at my first game and learnt that I needed a fully painted and based army to compete further. So that's my incentive!

I have a 2000 skaven Skryre army composed of:

1 arch warlock

2 warlock engineers

3*5 acolytes

8 mortar weapon teams

2 warp lightning cannons

20 clanrats

20 giant rats

2 plague priests

In the past few weeks I have painted the warlocks, the arch warlock, one cannon, one plague priest, 3 mortars and the 20 clanrats.

I still have to paint: 20 giant rats, 15 acolytes, one priest, one cannon and 5 mortars (already primed). And base the whole army.

So that's my pledge for the month :)

I've had some help so far because my 3-year old daughter shaded all the clanrats. She absolutely loved the responsibility and the focus! I don't mind some heavy agrax on my rats so I thought that could have been a great family time. And it was.

I'm going to let her shade the 20 giant rats and 15 acolytes

FsMbIEu2Hy8N.jpg

The march (or crawl) of the spiderfangs. Only 20 , 10 brought over from old army. Trying to supplement the ground forces with grot scuttlings but I have to acquire them first.  

May add shadow warriors if these get off the ground. Missed on my lord Relictor on eBay but have a few more lined up with scuttlings. Maybe some luck will allow this to grow. 

img_2003.jpg

Got distracted from Stormcast, although not completely, by painting Basha from the Shadespire Iron Jawz as a Celestial Waaagh Bringer. Nice palette cleanser, but now back to Stormcast to get my pledge finished... or maybe paint the rest of the Iron Jawz in the colours of different Stormcast chambers...

5aecf6f1e5f7d_Basha05_05_181.jpg.610533ef239cd3ce3ccd7a60c056c2d6.jpg

5aecf6ee8c355_Basha05_05_184.jpg.441824504fec2b44982f2ac46f32dd21.jpg

5aecf6f6ec1e3_Basha05_05_183.jpg.4b11a52f1a873741188c815d88fc64d0.jpg

Ok, I've failed twice so I'm keeping low this month.

I pledge to:

Finish building my 2000 grand host of nagash

Paint my vampire lord on foot

and, since I want to win the best model in an upcoming huge tournament the 20th of may, I'm going to paint my Malignant Prime

wish me good luck!

progress (warning, crappy pics >.< )! I have built all the stuff and made a start on the lord, his dog is painted and his cloak is mostly done. I have also painted my tester bloodletter. Well, the skin and stuff anyway. His sword will be painted as firey embers kinda but I'm missing some paints that I'll pick up in town tomorrow. I'm going to go with a more subdued red for all my daemons I think. Finally, I have yet to think of how to base these guys. I might be boring and just do stirland mud and tufts, it would fit in with the dark theme I guess.

may bloodletter.JPG

may pledge.JPG

On 2-5-2018 at 9:17 AM, Kramer said:

Haha I suck at this contract thing. After pledging the Cauldron for two months and not finishing it to this day. Within 24hrs of setting this goal a mate asked for a game on thursday night. So last night I: build 7 Sisters of Slaughter, 2 Witch Aelfs, prepped the conversions of 5 seekers to Warlocks. I not only have all the Sisters and Witches primed but did all the clothing, weapons and most of the details on the first 5 models only leaving the hair and skin to be done on them. 
(i'm going mixed Aelfs & Daemonettes, started that way before the new book hit and I just read around that whole Morathi hates Slaanesh bit ?)

So short term pledge is to finish all the Sisters and Witches and either an already primed Medusa or the 5 seekers to a tabletop standard and do all the details in the rest of the month.... but who am I kidding I'll probably switch that up as well ;) 

It happened again! ?

because of a path to glory mini campaign I felt the need to build a custom Lord with ‘upgrade’ options on the side. 

2632E035-A8F6-4E29-AB60-BA5E5DA930A8.jpeg.0912d8af9ec5f9b9eb38ebee811d21d3.jpeg

So nothing to do with the original planning but at least it’s something done ;) 

24 minutes ago, Kramer said:

because of a path to glory mini campaign I felt the need to build a custom Lord with ‘upgrade’ options on the side. 

Yes ... yes ... paint-paint faster man-thing! Many-Many upgrades for the glories of the horned rat! B|

(Nice job! Btw! Looking forward to more of your horde!)

6 hours ago, TheOtherJosh said:

Yes ... yes ... paint-paint faster man-thing! Many-Many upgrades for the glories of the horned rat! B|

(Nice job! Btw! Looking forward to more of your horde!)

Haha The worst thing is I just love the idea for the, you keep dying award, which of course means he will be invincible ;) 

It’s Wednesday! Don’t forget to post up what you have on your work table on the WiP Wednesday Thread:

I’ve moved Magore’s Fiends to completely built and Primed ... just need to figure out a painting scheme that’s suitably Shadespire... (I might just stick with the Goretide scheme and cheat ... Though the followers of Skaarbrand aren’t shabby looking ...)

Archived