Phoenix Temple and the aelves in the trees...

jamierk

Having come from the world that was, my Phoenix Temple army appears to have (according to allies in GH's) grown an affinity for the aelves that live in trees. Seems like there might be some affinity (and not a little bit of synergy) between my strong silent types and the Wanderers and Sylvaneth. I'm wondering if this is a theme perhaps GW might go for when(/if :-( ) they flesh out the PT storyline.

In the spirit of that alliance (see what i did there) I am looking to start adding Wanderers to my list initially and maybe some Sylvaneth units. For some reason I've always felt a little dirty mixing Order units across strange factions, especially when the motivation is purely for one-trick pony gamey reasons which lose the coherency of the army, and perhaps this is a way to play PT without feeling quite so. Units which I think will synergise well in my PT army:

Sisters of Thorn (obvious and gamey, i know it already so no need to point it out)

Spell Weaver (a nice spell and cheap caster)

Glade Guard (those arcane bodkins can really put out the hurt)

Eternal Guard (god these guys can be tanky if they sit in cover somewhere)

I think i'll be able to get the paint jobs to suit nicely between these two also. Any other PT players around this traps?

Keep calm and roll 4 ups..

Jamie

P.S. heres are some terrible photos of my PT so far. Got another unit of 30 on the go, plus some old metal ones.

PT`1.jpg

PT2.jpg

Archived