Brayherd Inquiry

Lord Graves

I am coming back into Age of Sigmar and I'm looking around the different armies to figure out what I'd like to play. I don't really like huge models as transporting them is a nightmare. I came across Brayherd. They look awesome! I remember the old lore for them was really cool too. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to buy the Beastlord and paint him rather soon. But I want him to have the bigger axe for the rend 2 / dmg 2 attacks.  Anyone know where I can pick one up?

4 hours ago, Lord Graves said:

I am coming back into Age of Sigmar and I'm looking around the different armies to figure out what I'd like to play. I don't really like huge models as transporting them is a nightmare. I came across Brayherd. They look awesome! I remember the old lore for them was really cool too. I'm pretty sure that I'm going to buy the Beastlord and paint him rather soon. But I want him to have the bigger axe for the rend 2 / dmg 2 attacks.  Anyone know where I can pick one up?

Well you could take a Bestigor with great axe as your Beastlord 

Depending on how up for conversions you are any of the blades of khorne heroes with two handed weapons would make a good base for conversions the Exalted Deathbringer with Ruinous Axe even has a pretty bestial face. If you're confident green-stuffing fur then you are good to go.

4 hours ago, Moonlightwolf said:

Depending on how up for conversions you are any of the blades of khorne heroes with two handed weapons would make a good base for conversions the Exalted Deathbringer with Ruinous Axe even has a pretty bestial face. If you're confident green-stuffing fur then you are good to go.

That could work.. it would require a lot of kit bashing though. But it is quite possible. The size difference will fit in really nicely too. Thanks for the idea!

I might have a spare I can sell you but if you come back you'll find the Beastlord is a wet noodle and useless.  And I hope you like 120+ models if you want to be competitive.  They are a horde army in the true sense (not an elite horde like they were in 8th).

First of all, Welcome to the Herd!!!! 

What you could also do is (I know is a bit big but is a Beastlord after all) take the Ogroid from Disciples of Tzeentch and add some conversions like a big axe from the Bullgors kit and using maybe a different face. I like the idea of Mierce Miniatures, the have pretty goo stuff.

Archived