I have several suggestions.

Army of dark sprites, fairies and fae

Aelf cult of Change

brayherd reboot, and able to take marks of tzeentch chaos

tzeench fanatics

tzeentch cavalry

tzeentch dragon army

gargant army, like imperial knights, able to be tzeentch

My username is not to be taken into account while pondering these intelligent and unbiased suggestions.

The most likely next releases are a Slaanesh battletome and a new undivided/Everchosen book, which finally consolidates Slaves to Darkness with Archaon's goons.

I doubt we'll see a completely new and unexpected army for chaos. There is already so much design-space with the existing/supported 5 types and it would be more reasonable adding to their roosters than going rogue.

EDIT: totally forgot about Skaven, they might get a wrapper battletome for their whole faction as well

9 hours ago, S133arcanite said:

Something New and original...

Aelf cult of Change

tzeench fanatics

tzeentch cavalry

tzeentch dragon army

My username is not to be taken into account while pondering these intelligent and unbiased suggestions.

That's a nice and balanced suggestion. I wouldn't change anything...or everything? :) 

On a little more serious note, the chaos aelves would be pretty cool, but I am afraid they would probably be more of a Slaanesh thing.

11 hours ago, S133arcanite said:

Something New and original...

Aelf cult of Change

tzeench fanatics

tzeentch cavalry

tzeentch dragon army

Bias? No bias here. I think if anyone needs an update it's us tzeentch players! 

Though personally I'd like to see thunderscorn updated. It won't happen anytime soon but I can still dream <3

Though skaven really need like a LoN masterclan sort of treatment because they're just being left at the wayside and I wanna see someone pick up skaven at my club so we can recreate vermintide.

57 minutes ago, Lightbox said:

Bias? No bias here. I think if anyone needs an update it's us tzeentch players! 

Nah, if there is an update for existing followers... Khorne will get another FAQ nerf and still no access to Khorgoraths . (besides the monopose from the starter):D 

Unless, the last chaos player has finally given in to play Tzeentch Daemons.

On topic: I heavily doubt we'll see an entirely fresh faction and honestly there is no reason to add one. Chaos, in comparison to other Grand Alliances, was rather diverse and fleshed out right from the start of AoS, with many differently looking models. (not meaning that such a faction would have no place, but they would feel significantly less special than something out of the box in Order or Death)

I would like to see a new Chaos folk like KO / Chaosdwarfs with shooty stuff. Slaves to Darkness should also get new stuff. I hope especially for new Marauders.

If we look on Sylvaneth, Daughters, KO and Deepkin. I wonder why Order all gets the cool new stuff? Order faction has the most stuff actually. In my opinion, even Death and Destruction have a greater need. I wonder why Games Workshop only pushes Order Faction massively?

37 minutes ago, Aex said:

I would like to see a new Chaos folk like KO / Chaosdwarfs with shooty stuff. Slaves to Darkness should also get new stuff. I hope especially for new Marauders.

If we look on Sylvaneth, Daughters, KO and Deepkin. I wonder why Order all gets the cool new stuff? Order faction has the most stuff actually. In my opinion, even Death and Destruction have a greater need. I wonder why Games Workshop only pushes Order Faction massively?

They should do a Battletome for Tomb Knights, this is such a great army...

47 minutes ago, Aex said:

Because there are more Order players. Destruction only has former O&G and Ogor players while Order has former High/Dark/Wood Elves, Dwarfs and Empire players to satisfy. 
Someone looking to expand/re-do their old elven army doesn't care for a duardin release, doesn't matter that both are part of GA: Order. 
GW wants to win back some of the veterans that left the hobby well before the endtimes. To get them to take a look at AoS they have to release something for all the old factions. Clan Pestilence for Skaven Players, Beastclaw Raiders for Ogor, Sylvaneth for Wood Elves and Daughters of Khaine for Dark Elves. 

Order is getting more releases because the mortal realms need fleshing out as a setting, and that means giving them some diverse cultures and civilisations. That's much easier to do with order. It's also more important because the order factions are the ones which are most distinctly tied to WFB as opposed to AoS.  Once the realms aren't populated by hundreds of civilisations that are exact replicas of the Empire, Asur, Dwarfs etc. we'll hopefully see more love for the other GAs. For the time being though, I'm happy with the current focus, especially since most people stick to a faction rather than a grand alliance anyway, and most of the powerful rules are geared that way.

As regards where chaos is going, I think we'll obviously get Slaanesh, Undivided/Everchosen and Skaven battletomes at some point, but beyond that I want to see more exploration in the fluff of Chaos's place in the mortal realms. Examples of cities governed by worshippers of each of the powers, and cultures who follow them without being inherently evil, like the Norse in WFB. I'd love to see some love for the beastmen, who to me are the most iconic race, but other non-human chaos followers like Chaos Dwarfs and Aelven cultists as well. I'd also like to see a return to really 'chaosy' mortals with loads of dynamic mutation and variation in the units. The current warriors seem ominous and evil, but hardly chaotic.

In terms of total wishlisting, one faction I'd love to see really fleshed out are Thunderscorn - a big kit with a triple build for a generic general, lightning priest and special character, Shaggoths as mid level heroes and perhaps one new kit such as a heavily armed and armoured unit with a couple of different builds. Plastic chaos dwarfs and beastmen following each of the gods would also be amazing.

My prediction (read wishlist); Slaves to darkness, daemons of chaos, brayherds, warherds, and monsters of chaos folded into darkoath.

I'd love to see a darker take on the barbarian horde, with maybe a new daemon prince model for herds. Baphomet, anyone?

baphomet-taylan-apukovska.jpg

The most likely releases have already been stated, so this thread will certainly spiral out into wishlisting from now on... 

Personally, I'd like to see some more stuff for the existing factions. Especially the ones that already are mentioned in stories.

Like Khorngors (mentioned in Eight Lamentations) or Pestigors (and definitely a Slaanesh variant with fishnets...)

Khorngors could come with a character which follows the shamanistic theme, like the one from DoT. Possibly adding another priest-like character, so Khorne players have something to do in the hero phase. 

Furthermore (continued wishlisting for a Khorne release), some kind of mortal infantry that is situated between Blood Warriors and Reavers (or a variant of Blood Warriors). Which has throwing spears or axes for short to medium range (8-16"). Weapon throwing Khornates are mentioned several times and in every siege that is depicted... again this would make Khorne feel less separated from core-aspects of AoS, while retaining their close-quarters, aggressive theme.

39 minutes ago, Xasz said:

The most likely releases have already been stated, so this thread will certainly spiral out into wishlisting from now on... 

Personally, I'd like to see some more stuff for the existing factions. Especially the ones that already are mentioned in stories.

Like Khorngors (mentioned in Eight Lamentations) or Pestigors (and definitely a Slaanesh variant with fishnets...)

Khorngors could come with a character which follows the shamanistic theme, like the one from DoT. Possibly adding another priest-like character, so Khorne players have something to do in the hero phase. 

Furthermore (continued wishlisting for a Khorne release), some kind of mortal infantry that is situated between Blood Warriors and Reavers (or a variant of Blood Warriors). Which has throwing spears or axes for short to medium range (8-16"). Weapon throwing Khornates are mentioned several times and in every siege that is depicted... again this would make Khorne feel less separated from core-aspects of AoS, while retaining their close-quarters, aggressive theme.

From Black rift (started last night by chance and it’s page 40 ?) 

898259DA-42F0-4F36-A394-6FD42DF9209D.jpeg.3d9174c59027a5a36f29d9698431bbdf.jpeg

My two cents. Let all the factions be as specific playstylewise as possible. So no shooting for Khorne, no heavily armoured stuff for daughters of khaine etc. 

Makes everything more interesting in my opinion. 

9 minutes ago, Kramer said:

My two cents. Let all the factions be as specific playstylewise as possible. So no shooting for Khorne, no heavily armoured stuff for daughters of khaine etc. 

Makes everything more interesting in my opinion. 

It's not about blurring the lines and more about giving players something to do in each phase. (faction feeling should and would be the same)

They shouldn't chuck their spears/axes from one table edge to another and should be rather restrictive in range and efficiency. (some kind of melee/range hybrid)

As it stands right now, Khorne is just downright depressing to play. Without priests you would almost instantly skip two phases, on top of being on the lower spectrum of the tier list. (spellcasters will never be a thing for Khorne due to fluff, about half of our hero slots are always reserved for priests... so give us at least some ****** skirmisher :( )

A new hybrid unit, Khorngors, better access and/or another beast could do wonders.

I think the biggest plausible futures for Chaos right now are:

- Seekers of Slaanesh, like all the others X of Chaos God armies this is the most logical to continue with.
- Then it's very likely Darkoath will get their own book and slowely seperate themselves from the more generic Slaves to Darkness. Here I believe we can expect the more Darkoath like models who we have seen and I do expect Marauders to be blended into this. Perhaps a new edition of Age of Sigmar will completely remove 'Slaves to Darkness' altogether.
- Skaven seem to be in the rumours, logically we can see a lot of mixes and blends there too. Because they do adopt the technological side of Chaos a ton of design potential can be found here.
- Unfortunatly it's the Beasts of Chaos which I have trouble with finding something cool. My issue always has been that they are currently a lot of minotaurs, from small to medium to large. The fact that Brayherds and Warherds are now a seperate thing makes no real sence either.
- Logically GW also has plans for Everchosen and here it's that I believe we will eventually see Slaves to Darkness split up into Everchosen and Darkoath. One being the armoured hulking side, fantatics of Chaos and the others the human civilisations of Chaos basically.  In essence I do think Everchosen should become the Stormcast Chaos variant if you will. So I expect a slew of eventually large and stronger 'Everchosen Warriors' that also look cooler in general. Basically like they where displyed in the WFB art. Because the current Chaos Warriors while epic back in 2002 are still extremely static.

So far that's all the futures I can think of...

I've always seen Chaos in Fantasy/AoS as, at its core, being composed of eight factions(makes sense right?) Khorne, Tzeentch, Nurgle, Slaanesh, Skaven, Chaos Undivided, Beastmen/Beasts of Chaos, and Chaos Dwarves/Legion of Azgorh. 

With three of the Chaos Gods covered, we know the next likely battletomes will cover Slaanesh and Skaven. Afterwards I can see what others have said and make a Chaos Undivided battletome combining Slaves and Everchosen. At some point they need to reunify the Beasts and gors into a coherent army, and Forgeworld should release a battletome for Azgorh. While I believe there's plenty to do within the eight factions, I believe that these should be the factions for Chaos.

Hmm... Chaos is one of those area where I think it's a little hard to 'bring in new factions' largely because they have to have some relation to the chaos gods. As vast as the mortal realms are, GW still has to explain when they introduce some new faction where they've been hiding all this time and why they're only coming out now.

Easily done when you're living in the depths of the oceans, under the mountains or high in the skies.

So personally I wouldn't be surprised if we see Chaos be a bit cyclical in nature. In that, we'll get stuff for all of the chaos gods, skaven, some undivided stuff (Whether that's Darkoath or a combined Everchosen tome or both), perhaps even some Beasts of Chaos, but no doubt Chaos will cycle back on itself at some point to add more stuff back into those factions.

That being said, perhaps that's my lack of creativity speaking. They could take some fringe thing and expand it truly into something new.

Perhaps they like Be'Lakor (I know I do!) and they build an entire new Chaos faction around him based on undivided Shadow Daemons in Ulgu.

I would daresay, GW probably don't really know yet (or perhaps, are starting to teeth out where they could take Chaos in future). Slaanesh and Skaven are still to come. Darkoath is getting some attention. There's been a clamour to role up Slaves to Darkness and Everchosen into one tome for a while now. Beasts of Chaos might get a Legion of Nagashining at some point. That's still a few years of Chaos just extrapolated from the stuff we currently have.

I think that if Games Workshop would finally look into Beasts of Chaos we should actually see a scary side of nature woven in there also. Or alternatively see that minotaur mythos with mazes and such.... Maby even a combination of both. As I believe that there are players interested in more beast-men but to me the current design of the Beasts of Chaos is a bit outdated but much moreso quite boring. If you look at how they revamped Orruks/Ironjawz I must say I hope to see something the same for Beasts of Chaos.

What I'd love to see for Beastmen is more Wendigo like designs for example:
Afbeeldingsresultaat voor wendigo

I think that some beastial designs from Forgeworld allready match this somewhat but I feel the note on Beastmen should be focused on beasts and now it seems very focused on men. 

What I mean by this is that most of the current Beastmen seem to carry and wield weapons like humans would, this is okay but it also makes them look way more 'human posed' with 'human weapons' as I'd like them to. By example the feral and brutal designs of Orruks and Flesh Eater Courts is actually what I find very much lacking in the current Beastmen lines.

If I had any hand in it, what I would actually do is fuse Warherds, Beastherds and Monsters of Chaos into one "Beasts of Darkness" Battletome and start redesigning the Brayherds first possibly. We allready have a very flavourable Herstone mock up but I think it should widespread apply to all these sub-factions. If Ambushing is what it allows for, simply have it be used for the cheaper units. However excluding Warhounds from this for example feels very odd, as it visually could be a great hunting pack. 

I remember hearing (not sure if it's true) that Beastmen in WHFB took the form of goatmen because that's what the humans in that region would fear the most, whereas in other parts of the world they had Beastmen that were more gorilla-like or took on the form of other animals. I would like something like that, different Beastmen types for different realms maybe?

20 hours ago, AGPO said:

As regards where chaos is going, I think we'll obviously get Slaanesh, Undivided/Everchosen and Skaven battletomes at some point, but beyond that I want to see more exploration in the fluff of Chaos's place in the mortal realms. Examples of cities governed by worshippers of each of the powers, and cultures who follow them without being inherently evil, like the Norse in WFB. I'd love to see some love for the beastmen, who to me are the most iconic race, but other non-human chaos followers like Chaos Dwarfs and Aelven cultists as well. I'd also like to see a return to really 'chaosy' mortals with loads of dynamic mutation and variation in the units. The current warriors seem ominous and evil, but hardly chaotic.

I thought GW would reiterate on the Nordic theme again, but the more I think about it, the less likely it looks lorewise and also because of Beastclaws, who currently occupy the "tundra/ice" faction slot.

And when it comes to wishlisting. I pray to Hashut for Legion of Azgorh battletome...

Archived