Let's Chat Seekers of Slannesh

Naflem

So the rumors , in part based on and supported by the reference on page 15 of the Deepkin Battletomb, are that Slannesh allegiance will get a new battle tome in the fall of this year and be renamed "Seekers of Slannesh," analogous with "Blades of Khorne", "Maggotkin of Nurgle", etc (and rather "than Hosts of Slannesh" as it is in generals handbook 2017) and I thought we needed a place to discuss this possibility.  Have you seen any other rumors along those lines?  Do you think that they will redo the allegiance abilities, traits, and artifacts that were written into the last GHB (and by how much)?  Do you think we'll get any new kits, or new warscrolls?  Do you have a wish list as to what would be in a re-vamping of the Slannesh allegiance?  Let's hear it!   

I dont think its in line any times soon. Its clear, in my opinion, from malign portents that the next releases are; Stormcast, Darkoath, Moonclan and Nighthaunt.

When they do get round to Slaanesh they better make a new Keeper of Secrets.

I think we'll see updates of non-plastic slaanesh models along with some new releases.  A Keeper of Secrets in line with the rest of the Greater Daemons, better fiends, hopefully some Slaanesh specific ones. I built my hellstriders with the helmets cause I want them to be more like they come from civilization and not just depraved lunatics. I'd personally love for slaanesh to either get Elves who are too corrupted by Slaanesh or get mortals based on Sigvald. 

On 4/23/2018 at 2:47 PM, Naflem said:

Have you seen any other rumors along those lines?  

No offense,.. but i would wager significantly that no one has any rumours.  And any rumours so far are just speculation.  

The best we can do is hope :)

I think I remember Lady Atia saying something about a new KoS about a year ago.

It's a given anyway, as all the other Greater Daemons have been updated and the current KoS is horrendous. Fiends too. However, the bulk of the release will be mortals (i.e. Emperor's Children and whatever they do for fantasy).

This means that I assume the current plastic Daemonettes will stay, but I really wish they wouldn't. The whole Daemon of Slaanesh range just looks anaemic and static, IMHO.

On 4/28/2018 at 4:40 AM, Ungface said:

I dont think its in line any times soon. Its clear, in my opinion, from malign portents that the next releases are; Stormcast, Darkoath, Moonclan and Nighthaunt.

When they do get round to Slaanesh they better make a new Keeper of Secrets.

Agreed re new KoS.  I'm not so sure about the timeline though, Malign Portents did make the point of including Slannesh in the Chaos reaction section of the book, which I was a bit heartened by, as they'd be ignored as often as not in the prior books (not so much in the subsequent books as far as DoK and ID, Slannesh appears to be a big part of the elvish story still).  Another thing to keep in mind is there's been a lot of rumors about a 40K Slannesh related release this year and it would be sensible to do both of those close in time (including, presumably, a decent Keeper!)

I'm unsure of whether Seekers of Slaanesh will be the name of the redone army. I say this because the Seekers of Slaanesh refer to a specific group within the hosts (those being the guys who are seeking) and they don't represent all of Slaanesh's forces.  I think they've been referred to by name in the Idoneth book not because they're a new unit, but because they already exist in the fluff and happen to be the most active of the hosts (in that they have a goal which is directly opposed to other factions, especially aelves who would view the Seekers 'winning' as a Bad Ending). 

That said, if they do end up being called the Seekers of Slaanesh, I wonder what will happen to the other hosts; I'm assuming that if they're seeking, Slaanesh won't have been found, so why would the Pretenders and the Invaders no longer be a thing? 

As for a time of release, I'm uncertain of it being this year or early next year. Slaanesh is involved in something big in 40k and AoS in a way that no other Chaos god is - in both, Slaanesh is in danger (well, so long as Ynnead isn't a failure). So unlike the other gods, I feel like something huge will happen in both lores around the time of release. We're building up to that at the moment, but I don't think we're going to get there for a while (assuming Malign Portents won't end in the release of Slaanesh). I have nothing to base this on, so treat it with a pile of salt, but as Slaanesh is the least popular of the Chaos gods I think they're trying to make a big deal of Him so that there's a lot of hype around Her release that will hopefully get more people interested in It. I think, so far, the developments made around Slaanesh have been interesting - to boost the faction's popularity, they just need some stunning models. Thankfully GW has (nearly) always delivered on the model front.

I'm just hoping that something interesting and bold happens with Slaanesh; I certainly would hate Him to be killed in either game (and I think this would be very unlikely), but I'd like GW to move away from the status quo after this has all finished. It's not much of an epic story if it ends the same way it began.  

Archived