Starting new Stormcast

Warax

Hi everyone! I know there is a lot of post about new Stormcast army, but here is the thing, i'm looking at the 2 battleforce right now ( the vanguard one and the normal one) and was wondering which would be the best!

I'm thinking of a fast moving/ teleporting army, so i know the vanguard might be better, but 12 gryph-hound seems a lot... Can they replace Liberator?

On the other hand the Force of Sigmar battleforce, kinds of give me some hunter, gryph and The aquilor to do some movement trick with the unit, and i get some prosecutor ( can they be equip with javelin) and liberator that would make me able to build toward a vanguard wing!!

So which would be the best? Or am I better to just skip the battleforce and buy something else? Here both are 200$ cad... a start collecting is 100$ So what do you guys think? I dont intend to go all tournement thing, but my gaming club is the kind of casual but strong list... so... any help appreciate

Thanks!

I personally like the original Battleforce box quite a bit - build a Venator and make the Dracoth weapons able to be swapped and you've got a nice start. If you're just looking for basic models to begin the collection, Thunder and Blood is also good - but I think looking on Ebay for people parting out boxes is probably the best. 

Forces of Sigmar is just the two Start Collecting boxes sold together. The regular Start Collecting Stormcast box is a mixed bag, the two Retributors in it are useless for matched play unless you want to track three more Retributors down another way and convert a couple of maces. Not an awful set but probably on the lower end of value for Start Collecting boxes particularly regarding savings. The Start Collecting Vanguard box is very good value even if you ignore the Gryph Hounds.

The Vanguard Brotherhood set gives you everything you need to field a starting Vanguard Chamber army, it's a decent discount even if you ignore the Gryph Hounds (I think using that many Gryph Hounds would be rare)

Archived