1500 points BoK vs Seraphon

Rhargar

Hello together, I´m very new to AoS, I have finished two games with 1000 points and next week i have my first game with 1500 points of BoK vs. Seraphon.

I want to use a WoK BT and also the Gore Pilgrims, so i buit up this list:

Leaders
Bloodsecrator (120)
- Artefact: The Brazen Rune 
- Banner of Khorne: Banner of Blood
Slaughterpriest (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Slaughterpriest with Hackblade and Wrathhammer (100)
- Blood Blessing: Killing Frenzy
Wrath Of Khorne Bloodthirster (330)
- General
- Trait: Immense Power 
- Artefact: The Crimson Crown 

Battleline
20 x Bloodreavers (140)
- Meatripper Axes
5 x Blood Warriors (100)
- Goreaxe & Gorefist
30 x Bloodletters (270)

Units
3 x Mighty Skullcrushers (140)
- Bloodglaives

Battalions
Gore Pilgrims (180)

Total: 1480 / 1500
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 106

I´m not sure, if this list work, but any advice would be much appreciated.

I think you have a good starting point for a list vs Seraphon which you might tweak depending on the result and what your opponent ends up taking. 

Seraphon are usually big on magic so the WoK Bloodthirster and Gore Pilgrims are both good options for countering this.

The other thing Seraphon do is teleport one unit every turn so you don't want to leave yourself too exposed. I would be bubble wrapping the priests and bloodsecrator in blood reavers to cover this. 

13 hours ago, Thomas E said:

This is a nice list, I wouldn't change anything. Good mortal wound output for a Khorne army which is important against some Seraphon units that ignore rend. Good luck and please let us know how you get on!

Its very true, I think even their battleline can with their shields. Even if it's only rend -1 thats still most rend in that list anyway. But yeah I totally agree with Thomas, the list looks really solid. The Slaughterpriest prayers and Bloodletters should be able to chew through most of the buffed "tough nuts" that you'd need to crack, and the multiple instances of dispel will make it much harder for the space lizards to do what the want. 

Quick question though, I know Gore Pilgrims increases the range of the Secrator's "Portal of Skulls" (which will in and of itself help with anti-casting) but does it also increase the range at which your Slaughterpriests can dispel?

23 hours ago, Somanlius said:

Looks good, except on pg 81 of the Battletome it says that the Totem items may only be taken Instead Of an artifact. So if you take Brazen Rune with the Secrator then no Banner of Blood.

Well spotted, yes the Bloodsecrator cannot have an artefact and a Banner of Khorne.

On ‎23‎/‎04‎/‎2018 at 11:04 PM, Scrags said:

Quick question though, I know Gore Pilgrims increases the range of the Secrator's "Portal of Skulls" (which will in and of itself help with anti-casting) but does it also increase the range at which your Slaughterpriests can dispel?

No, it does not specify that the dispel range for the Slaughterpriests increases, only that of the portal of skulls ability.

Archived