Corpe cart, this "black sheep"

deynon

Lately I've started to test the Corpse cart as a model. I'm still not finished with my tests about such a unit, but I'm anyway seeing that few players value such a unit quite enough execpt with really specific armies,

There are a lot of sinergies that it gives with zombies and dire wolves. 

But what I'm referring to are the itself specific abilities that it has.  

I have anyway to separate the two versions of the Corpse Cart; I'll start with the one that I value a little less: Corpse cart with baleful brazier. Here we have e way to decrease the ability of the enemy wizards with the Balefire fire.. Not too much, but it's range it's not little and can help to negate some spell to be casted or aid the dispelling of our own models.

Malefic fumes are a bit interesting, but rarely they will be appliable cause the movement of the model itself and the range of the ability; added to it also the random it requires at the end... it's an ability that has only occasional usefulness.

The version that I really value instead it's the Corpse Cart with unholy lodestone.

This version directly improve the casting rolls, in some ways it's like having the Allegiance Ability "The Black Disciples" from the Legion of Sacrament but referred to all the the Death Wizards.
Ok the range it's "only" 18" but it means at the end a diatere of more than 36" (you have to add also the volume of the model itself that increase the effective area covered by the ability.

And then we have another ability that it's quite interesting: Locus of undeath. That even if only with 6" range let you reroll the dice for the deathly invocations, so like having a general with the command trait "Master of Death" of the Grand host of Nagash.

I'm experimenting particularly the Corpse cart with unholy lodestone and taking not that I have infantry units that  have the same speed around I'm finding it quite interesting.  I'ts ability combined means that it vould be in range almost always to dive the bonus to cast and the reroll when necessary for the deathly invocations made by the heroas .

In close combbat i's not so bad either... better than simply 10 zombies and it has enough wounds to survive random shooting.

And you what do you think about such a model?^^

In a "Zombie fresh" army, put one of each out there with the Lords of Sacrament (which includes the Mortis Engine).  +3 for friendly wizards (+5 for Arkhan), -2 for enemy Wizards.    

Should be a good combination of debuffs that would turn zombie hordes into killers.

Surely its a nice combination, I thoght about it too and also taking note that the Arkahn WB it's the cheapest it's quite affordable to combine with the corpse carts too (they don't even need to be too close to give the bonuses.

But I admit I'm trying to avoid the usage of special characters, it means that 5 on 6 Warscroll Battalions are not usable.

Archived