Need help with a nurgle list please

austinparisi42

I need help with a list. Not trying to make it competitive since I am very new. I just want something fun based on the models I like, but I'd still like it to make sense. My favorite model is horticulus slimux so I'm trying to build around him.  Attached is a draft of what I'm thinking. It says I only have 2/3 battlelines but I thought blight kings were a battleline as well.

Screenshot_20180418-233641.png

6 hours ago, DynamicCalories said:

Blightkings are battleline for a Nurgle Allegiance, but you've got Chaos selected, so they won't show as battleline. From what I know, you'd be better off lumping all 30 of your PBs together, and having the BKs as a unit of 10 and a unit of 5.

Is that true? I thought that running them MSU to get more sergeants and thus more "free wounds" was better. I guess it makes sense that you can just dump all your buffs into one unit. Do they get cheaper immediately, (so say a squad of 10) or is it just if you're taking a max squad?

12 hours ago, Scrags said:

Is that true? I thought that running them MSU to get more sergeants and thus more "free wounds" was better. I guess it makes sense that you can just dump all your buffs into one unit. Do they get cheaper immediately, (so say a squad of 10) or is it just if you're taking a max squad?

The Plagueridden (leader) of the Plaguebearers does not have more wounds than the other Plaguebearers. He does have 1 more Attack. But your main reasons to run a maxed out unit of Plaguebearers is the Cloud of Flies ability as well as the cost discount and the ease of buffing them, should you choose to do so.

Also you usually want Plaguebearers to have a solid staying power, and that obviously goes up if you have a bigger unit, as well as the points mentioned above.

The discount in points is only if you take a maxed out unit.

@austinparisi42

as said before run your plaguebearers as 1 block of 30 and blightkings as a 10 and 5 then thats your battleline sorted. Also make your drones 1 unit of 6 so you can buff them with GUOs command ability which is what they want. I would take out beasts of nurgle and use that 200 points to put in either festus the leechlord or a Rotbringer Sorcerer and a Plague priest to buff your big unit of kings or drones with blades of putrefaction and +1 to wound.

The best swap out for slimux would be a mobile deamon hero to buff your drones so they get the +1 to all their attacks. Deamon prince, Lord of Affliction or Verminlord Corrrupter all fit this well as they have the daemon keyword and 8"+ move so can keep up with your drones. I prefer Verminlord as he has a wicked anti horde spell, 12" move, can cast 2 spells a turn he can also take a spell form the spell lore as he is a nurgle daemon wizard and has 15 attacks (no rend) so can clear out chaff nicely but is weak against armor. If you want someone with better melee against armor then take LoA. Daemon prince is probably the worst but also the cheapest at 160 points so if your tight for points he serves the purpose.  running drones in small units without a buff hero and not additional buffs makes them pretty weak imo, they really need that support and larger numbers. 

Archived