The Suneater Tribes Ogors and Aeloran Nomad Aelves now revisited for the Living City (19/09/19)

Melcavuk

19 minutes ago, Gecktron said:

Great Project! Your descriptions really invokes a picture of this faction  in my head. Keep it up!

Short question: Are you planning on putting something on the "Not-Squiggoth"? Looks kinda blank right now.

Cheers, yes the flat platform is mounting a converted version of the Ogor Grot scrap catapult, warhammer world was out of stock of it unfortunately so I should be recieving delivery by the end of the week to finish off building him.

• Thanks 1

As I wait for my delivery of various parts (Squig Gobba and the catapult put on the Slatr I'm working on a bits list for the other units in the army. So with that in mind in May the plan is:

Svangur - Legs and hands from the Crypt Horror kit, Torso head and arms from the Dragon Ogre kit.
Gullveig Ogors - Legs, Torso and head from Ogryn, Arms from the same kit but the Bullgryn arms, weapons and double handed weapons from the Dragon Ogre kit.

Both come out more lean than standard ogors but the first is half starved and the second is Juvenile ogors that havent completed their trials yet.

Bit of narrative about the various tribes of the Suneaters!

PROVOCATION AND THE PYRES
Suneater tribes and their reaction to the bastions of order forming. Their activities during the Seeds of Hope campaign and follow-up.

THE PYRE MAWS (SCORCH) -  When the forces of Man, Aelf and Duardin sought to retake the realm from the wilds and chaos that had reigned the did so with supreme arrogance and lack of foresight to the whims of the realms themselves. In the chaos that had descended over the realm the Suneater Tribes had flourished, their trail of destruction cared not if the cities razed were of Sigmars pathetic cohorts or the Dark Gods of the deluded masses, simply that the flames rose high into the night to please the Suneater. To see such glorious destruction come to an end as the forces of Order sought to raise new Cities, their “Seeds of Hope” was an affront to the Great Destroyer, that anything could rise from the Ashes was an insult to the devotion that the Maw Pyre clan had shown in their ravaging of the forests of Ghyran.

Incensed by this affront to their destructive labours the Maw Pyres migration was ceased, no longer pushing onwards to their homes in the lands of Aqshy and the blistering heats of the volcanic winds in that realm of fire their Prophet turned them back toward these fledgling cities. The wrath of this tribe was unlike anything the mortals had come to expect, the ferocity of their flames tore through the forests of Alarielle in a seemingly unstoppable tide, the very nature of her Sylvaneth making them vulnerable to the heat and flame that sought to devour everything in its path.

It was then to the great engineers of the Freeguild that she had so often rebuked for their ways of industry that Alarielle went, their smoke belching machinery seemingly more tolerable in the face of the total incinerations of her forest realm. These bewildering machines were put to task by their engineers, digging great trenches through the forest to blockade and surround the tribes of Suneaters as they made their advance. These great trenches were linked to the river Terral, its coursing life giving waters flooding through the trenches and forming a bulwark against the fires and halting the Ogors advance. The wound the Maw Pyres carved into the very skin of the Realm of Life would never fully heal, the heat of their onslaught had burnt deep through the dirt, scorching and sealing the dirt and rocks into blades of volcanic glass that would endure no life to grown in them. To this day this lingering malignant wound persists, a reminder of the outrage of the Suneater Tribes to the fresh onset of civilization seeking to end their joyous infernos.

THE BURNING KLAWS (SHATTER TOOTH PLATEAU)

The Burning Klaws tribe is said to be the original Suneater tribe, born of the teachings of the first prophet after he was chosen by the great burning god. In the beginning they were few, the ogor firebelly wizards had been spread far and wide throughout the realms as they sought new and more potent elixers to try and mirror their gods mighty powers, however the Prophet was a beacon fire, one great burning pyre that drew all the disperate firebelly tribes from across the realms toward the Shatter Tooth Plateau in the realm of Ghur. It was here, many months before that the Prophet had been reborn in the stomach of the Suneater, here he had faced trial by fire, combat and of resolve, and it was here he had emerged the champion and prophet of the great God.

In modern days the Burning Klaws are the largest of all tribes, holding dominance in the realm of Ghur whilst many of their kin undertook the great migration to the fires of Aqshy, here they control the greatest site of power in the Suneaters history, one that inspires both the respect and ire of lesser tribes. When each of the great Volsung left the Burning Klaws to start their own tribes they took with them their own interpretations of the Suneaters whims, it was in this way that his teachings of the Pyres changed, evolved or diluted with every new tribe. The Burning Klaws however stayed true to the teachings of the first prophet and are afforded far more potent magicks than their kin, in battle they are known to field elite Ogor bodyguards for their Chosen Prophet, carrying great slabs of volcanic glass as shields to create an unbreakable wall around their foes, penning them in and pushing them ever closer to the pyres. In this way foes that do not perish in battle slowly roast alive in an ever tightening cage of fire and shield.

THE UR-GORES (FYREWATER GULCH)

When the Great Migration to the realm of fire occurred it was the Ur-gore tribe that led the way, their young and inexperienced Volsung commanded his tribe make the journey that they might bathe in the burning might of the Suneater in a realm that reflected his eternal glory. The first of the great tribes to separate from the Burning Klaws they cut a swathe of destruction from the Ghur gate into Aqshy, however in their wake they often spyed the stunty and arrogant Fyre Slayers, these dwarves held no love or respect for the great suneater but worse they seemed to pillage the Ur-gold left in the ruins of the great advance of the Suneater Tribes. To see anyone finding comfort or solace in their reign of destruction angered the mighty Ur-gores, that their weak and pathetic foes  might profit from the glory of the Suneater was a slight that could not be allowed to endure. It was then only proper that the Volsung found a monumentous act of spite to shown dominance over this foe, when they razed their next village the prophet gathered his Gothi Fyri priests to him and set them to task, a great pit was dug in the heart of the ruined village with every precious metal found thrown in. When they had gathered all of worth he stoked a mighty blaze, calling on the primal fires of the realm and his own gods mighty magics the blaze roared with blistering intensity, slowly melting the precious metals into a glimmering, bubbling pool of burning hot metal.

Gathering his most elite kin to him the Volsung and his priests set to work, shaping and warping the molten metals with agonising efficiency into glistening golden tattoes across the skin of the Tribes chosen. The very touch of the metal was a torturous burning unlike any they had endured before and yet the Ogors endured it as they would any gift from the great Suneater, and when the Volsungs will was completed his tribe marched to war once more, now emblazoned with rippling metallic tattoes formed of the very Ur-gold that they Fyreslayers had sought to pillage from the ruins of their migration.

Such arrogance and spite has left to a fierce conflict between the Ur-gores and Fyreslayers, the latter desperate to reclaim the Ur-gold of their god.

THE ASH WALKERS (MISTS OF ULGU)

Edited by Melcavuk

Day 2.5 of the progress on my Warbeast for my Suneater tribes custom Sigmar factions. Feeling rough has really dented my ability to do brushwork so I've done up the details i could do by airbrush and then moved onto picking out details on the rider and first crewmember.

C&C welcome as always

003.JPG

004.JPG

005.JPG

006.JPG

007.JPG

008.JPG

• Like 6

Really great work!

Although that little gap between the howdah and the squiggoth is bothering me a bit, not sure how to solve that though. Really hope a plastic squiggoth would eventually come, though then again gw hasn't even bothered to make a new ork wartrakk in like 15 years or something....

• Like 1

4 hours ago, kenshin620 said:

Really great work!

Although that little gap between the howdah and the squiggoth is bothering me a bit, not sure how to solve that though. Really hope a plastic squiggoth would eventually come, though then again gw hasn't even bothered to make a new ork wartrakk in like 15 years or something....

You mean the half circle drain looking thing? I have a couple of the spare spore squigs from the Moonclan shaman, was gonna paint one up and have him looking out from the drain.

Bit more work, moving onto details and basing next

Slatr.jpg

Edited by Melcavuk
  • Like 1

Working on converting the first of my Gullveig Ogors as battleline:

The Gullveig Ogors live in the unenviable position of being part of the Suneater tribes but devoid of blessings of the Suneater, in this manner they are often considered the lowliest of the Ogors in the tribe (but still far preferable to a mere grot). Due to their precarious role within the tribe they often don heavy armour and large slab shields until such a time as they have earned the protection of their fierce and demanding god, such trinkets are unneeded after all by those who bear the mark of the Suneater as that in itself would protect them from harm. Often comprised of the tribe juviniles these fanatical followers seek to slaughter and pillage until they have accomplished feats of such destruction as to earn the favour of their God, many leaving their tribes to join that of the most fearest Volsungs across the tribes, that they might bask in the glory of the greatest prophets and be led to feats worthy of earning their name. Other still become mercenaries, travelling far beyond the borders of their tribe migrations to seek out their own destinys before eventually returning to their true homes in the tribes. 

001.JPG

002.JPG

003.JPG

004.JPG

• Like 7

I really like this. Turning the normal hierarchy of armies on its head with putting the heavily armored units at the bottom (or at least as low as an Ogor can get). 

Great idea and the paint job is top notch, as usual.

Edited by Gecktron
  • Like 1