Nice lot of Bonesplitterz, buy or not?

Soul oWar

I'm an IJ players, might have a chance to buy a nice lot at maybe 1/3 the price, wondering if it's a waste of money until new rules update, or if they can have some oomf if meta change a bit. Can post list or included stuff later when I get it.

Thanks

The Kunnin Rukk is still proving to be the most competitive army in GA Destruction.  Good players do podium with them quite regularly. 

No Destruction army has won a GT of any scale anywhere in the world under GH17 that I'm aware of, but these guys have been coming closest.  IMO they could win 5 games with a favourable draw - I certainly hope so because I'm painting up another 60 Arrow Boys as we speak.

GH18 is still a way off but who knows what that could bring...I was sure that GH17 would rebalance the army away from Arrow Boy spam and more towards melee 'n' magic with some shooting support.  Instead they went for an "across the board" points increase which meant Kunnin Rukk was still the most efficient choice by some distance.  And because the less optimal choices were still too pricey / even moreso, and Arrow Boys became Battleline, other builds got squeezed out even more than before if anything.

My speculation is that they will correct this in GH18, but I have been wrong about that before!  So if it's a "mixed bag" army with the cavalry, some Big Stabbas, loads of heroes etc I would still consider it a worthwhile purchase personally.  The army probably won't be BAD bad, and might even get a lift in GH18.

Also - if you go Kunnin Rukk, be prepared for moaning from some opponents that can be totally disproportionate to the situation.  There is a real stigma to using this army (which in my opinion is completely overblown), so I would only suggest using it if you are ready to own that / don't care.  

I do use KR myself so maybe I'm a little biased...but I've also had my Ironjawz shot off the table by it, so I'm not completely biased  :P

Everything @PlasticCraic said. Only thing I'd add is if your not looking for a full arrow spam you can get away with 60 of them and fill in the rest with some more fun stuff. Below is what I like to use for casual games, but imo you have to have a min of 60 arrowz + 2 casters otherwise you don't have much punch.

Also you can always rip off the hands and ebay some arrow and bow bits if the lot your getting has 2 hand weapon or spear and sheild orruks. Keep all the bits though, under GH3 I suspect your not going to want 100+ arrow boyz and will hand swap back to melee orruks. 

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz

Leaders
Savage Big Boss (120)
- General
- Stonecleava
- Trait: Squirmy Warpaint 
- Artefact: Glowin Tattooz 
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Hand of Gork or Mork
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Brutal Beast Spirits

Battleline
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (320)
- Bonesplitterz Battleline
30 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (360)

Units
8 x Savage Big Stabbas (400)

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (160)

Total: 1960 / 2000

I would say yes - because all orcs are awesome.  What is not to like about half-naked feral lunatic orcs hitting people in the head with bones and rocks?

As for the competitiveness, I think any army is going to shuffle around in that area over time as they potentially change points for the whole game each year.  Even armies with very strong rules interactions can fall to the bottom if they are not priced well - and vice versa.

11 hours ago, svnvaldez said:

Everything @PlasticCraic said. Only thing I'd add is if your not looking for a full arrow spam you can get away with 60 of them and fill in the rest with some more fun stuff. Below is what I like to use for casual games, but imo you have to have a min of 60 arrowz + 2 casters otherwise you don't have much punch.

Spoiler

Allegiance: Bonesplitterz

Leaders
Savage Big Boss (120)
- General
- Stonecleava
- Trait: Squirmy Warpaint 
- Artefact: Glowin Tattooz 
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Artefact: Big Wurrgog Mask 
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Hand of Gork or Mork
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
- Lore of the Savage Waaagh: Brutal Beast Spirits

Battleline
10 x Savage Boarboy Maniaks (320)

Units
8 x Savage Big Stabbas (400)

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (160)

Total: 1960 / 2000

This is a casual build to you? xDxD

Is Kunnin Rukk still good? I thought it fell off too much once the Big Boss goes down and you lose the extra shooting phase. Do you run Bonesplitterz as "Allegiance Bonesplitterz" now over generic "Destruction". Lastly any good sources of + to hit for your Arrow Boys? 

Slightly off topic but a regular opponent of mine is moving from Ironjawz to Bonesplitterz and was wondering if it was possible to run 2 KR battalions in your army at the same time. Providing you have the points and the models, can you run the same Warscroll Battalion twice?

Yep. for sure...in fact I believe the last Destruction army to win a significant tournament did just that. 

It was Nicky Myland with a double Kunnin Rukk who won EGGS last year, the last tournament to take place in the UK under GH16, way back in July 2017.

It's arguably harder to do so effectively now, because the batallion costs have obviously risen significantly, along with the cost of all the component units.  You do get some of it back from Arrow Boys brcoming battleline though.

Bad Dice covered it at the time:

http://baddice.co.uk/element-games-grand-slam-results-aos-daily/

But if you wanted to, you could have something like this (4 drops):

Leaders
Savage Big Boss (120)
Savage Big Boss (120)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)
Maniak Weirdnob (120)

Battleline

Units
10 x Savage Orruk Arrowboys (120)

Battalions
Kunnin' Rukk (160)
Kunnin' Rukk (160)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 224

4 hours ago, EMMachine said:

@PlasticCraic

Do you want to have any friends to play against?

I mean, 1 big Unit of Arrowboys shooting twice with Kunnin' Rukk you won't have many friends, but 2 units?

Have you read the thread? It was a direct response to the question "Can you run a double Kunnin Rukk?".

To which the answer is yes, and it would probably look something like that which I posted. 

On another note, arrowboys are also playable in a destro mix or Ironjawz as allies (it's just sad that you can't use the 6'' free move on them...). It's the best shooting units available for destro, it's 30 model, 60 life. And you can use terrain to buff their damage (damned or mystical). 

Obviously the damage spike will not be as high as in a pure bonesplitter with the spells or big boss, but it can be a good support units to get model hiding behind screen.

1 hour ago, PlasticCraic said:

Have you read the thread? It was a direct response to the question "Can you run a double Kunnin Rukk?".

To which the answer is yes, and it would probably look something like that which I posted. 

Hm, we should have the same book (aber there is only one for Bonesplitters) and in my book  Savage Orruks with Chompa + Boneshield or Savage Stikka + Boneshield are a option for the Kunning Rukk, too. Spaming Arroybows in Kunning Rukk is just the Powergamer variant.

On 4/14/2018 at 10:33 AM, Soul oWar said:

The lot would be:

1 Savage Big Boss
20 Boar
60-70 orruk (all the bits not sure how many are currently arrow/melee)

Not sure how the army should be builded at this time or how they should turn out next book.

Thanks

I'd wait until next GH before deciding exactly how to build them.

On 4/20/2018 at 4:10 AM, Scrags said:

Is Kunnin Rukk still good? I thought it fell off too much once the Big Boss goes down and you lose the extra shooting phase. Do you run Bonesplitterz as "Allegiance Bonesplitterz" now over generic "Destruction". Lastly any good sources of + to hit for your Arrow Boys? 

Kunnin Rukk is good. First off, the boss isn't that easy to reach unless you're facing Nurgle. Secondly, committing hard to killing the boss is a trap - 60 Arrowboys shoot really hard even after he's dead.

On 4/20/2018 at 6:20 AM, valenswift said:

Slightly off topic but a regular opponent of mine is moving from Ironjawz to Bonesplitterz and was wondering if it was possible to run 2 KR battalions in your army at the same time. Providing you have the points and the models, can you run the same Warscroll Battalion twice?

Yeah, but it's a bad idea. Double battalion is way too expensive now, just run all units in one KR.

On 23/04/2018 at 3:38 AM, Lord Graves said:

Hmm... sad that what I would want to run would push people away. Ahh well. I can look into other stuff.

You can run it if you get VERY good at rolling dice quickly. Otherwise it's going to be slow and painful for the other player who has to sit there for 10mins every time your unit shoots.

Archived