Tournament Death Lists Discussion

Josh

with my revised list i ran arkhan, Prince V, 3 necros it was rare to not have 7 x D3 heals on the unit, and since running 30 no one has killed the unit. People tend to just ignore it which is great

correct, you have enough bodies to tail them back to your heros quite easily

Just play heaps man, its the only way to improve

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Headed off to GT Heat 3 in a few weeks. Any thoughts on the below loadout?

Allegiance: Legion of Blood

Leaders
Neferata Mortarch Of Blood (400)
- Lore of the Dead: Soulpike (Vampires)
Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon (440)
- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice
- Artefact: Ring of Dominion 
- Lore of the Vampires: Amaranthine Orb
Necromancer (110)
- Lore of the Deathmages: Overwhelming Dread

Battleline
10 x Dire Wolves (120)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)
- Ancient Blades
5 x Dire Wolves (60)

Units
5 x Blood Knights (260)
5 x Blood Knights (260)

so local store is having a little 1k tournament next weekend, i have no idea if this will work but im keen to try it out haha;

Allegiance: Legion of Sacrament

Leaders
Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (320)
- General
- Lore of the Dead: Overwhelming Dread (Deathmages)
Prince Vhordrai (480)
- Lore of the Vampires: Amaranthine Orb

Battleline
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)

Total: 980 / 1000

Interesting ...

Arkhan has never won a game for me, but I’m convinced to keep on trying. My rolls are just the worst for CoY

A normal vlozd would give you points for more wolvies (10+5+5)... and please keep us informed ;-D

1 hour ago, Honk said:

Interesting ...

Arkhan has never won a game for me, but I’m convinced to keep on trying. My rolls are just the worst for CoY

A normal vlozd would give you points for more wolvies (10+5+5)... and please keep us informed ;-D

arkhan is great for mind games, perfect for killing soft things like judicators & with the heal he is perfect for that role, the odds of CoY going off is next to none - if you bet on 3-7 mortal wounds you'll never be disappointed

prince V is worth it imo - better stat line & the breath is OP

going to play against a couple practise games & see how i go; tzeetch, pestilence & nurgle combo & drac cav heavy SCE 

6 hours ago, Josh said:

if you bet on 3-7

Yeah, I’m currently arcane bolting with that spell, last game (1,1,3 mw)

i really need more time at the table... keep us/me informed and all the best pushing faces into the dirt

• 2 weeks later...
On 5/21/2018 at 1:58 PM, GeneralZero said:

am afraid that the wolves will be upped in points in the next GH 2018... They seem to be really low in point compared to what they do: wounds + speed + shaff + cheap...wow

Do you have confirmed proof? If not then that’s just speculation. Ironjawz have had a mass points reduction so I don’t see a simple dire wolf getting stung.

So this is what I'm running next week at a 44 player tournament under Legion of Night;

LEADERS

• Mannfred Mortarch Of Night (420)- General- Lore of the Dead : Overwhelming Dread (Deathmages)
  • Heinrich Kemmler (110) Necromancer- Lore of the Deathmages : Fading Vigour
  • Dieter Helsnicht (110) Necromancer- Lore of the Deathmages : Spectral Grasp
  • Elize von Carstein (440) Vampire Lord On Zombie Dragon- Deathlance & Shield & Chalice- Artefact :  Vial of the Pure Blood  - Lore of the Vampires : Vile Transference 

UNITS

• 40 x Skeleton Warriors (280)-Ancient Blades
  • 2 x Morghast Harbingers (220)-Spirit Halberds
  • 5 x Dire Wolves (60)
  • 5 x Dire Wolves (60)

BEHEMOTHS

• Terrorgheist (300)

17 hours ago, Dracothjay said:

Do you have confirmed proof? If not then that’s just speculation. Ironjawz have had a mass points reduction so I don’t see a simple dire wolf getting stung.

Considering just about every Faction Focus article talks about point discounts everywhere I’m getting a funny feeling.

I got myself a nagash today & going to try this at a tournament in a couple weeks;

Allegiance: Grand Host of Nagash

Leaders
Nagash Supreme Lord Of The Undead (800)
- Lores of the Dead Spell 1: Overwhelming Dread (Deathmages)
- Lores of the Dead Spell 2: Vile Transference (Vampires)
- Lores of the Dead Spell 3: Fading Vigour (Deathmages)
Prince Vhordrai (480)
- Lore of the Vampires: Amethystine Pinions
Arkhan The Black Mortarch of Sacrament (320)
- Lore of the Dead: Soulpike (Vampires)

Battleline
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
5 x Dire Wolves (60)
15 x Dire Wolves (180)

Total: 1960 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400
Wounds: 101

12 hours ago, MrCharisma said:

Josh... you’re a nasty boy 

i accept that 

11 hours ago, smucreo said:

I was thinking about trying Nagash + Vhordrai myself, tell us how it went!

will do!

Sounds like an army that will have a ton of fun smashing stuff then lose big on objectives every time.  ?

I'm personally excited at the possibilities endless spells will bring to first cohort lists.  Spellportal in particular, if nagash can open one, ram a whole mess of arcane death through it, then slam the portal shut all in the same turn to keep the opponent from sending any of it back at him, then that'll be a lot of fun.  At the very hand of dust becomes a very different and much scarier spell at 22" range instead of 18" range.

That'll all very much depend on the specifics of the endless spell rules, though.  Can the same wizard cast more than one in a turn?  can they be cast and dispelled in the same phase?  How many points do they each cost?  Is that points cost per successful (or even just attempted) casting, or does paying that price allow you to recast the spell as many times as you like?

we shall see ^^ Its a win big or lose big army, I agree 100% there. But if people cant deal with the 3 heros thats a problem

can you explain the 18" hand of dust?

I dont think we know enough re: endless spells just yet, I would imagine that as long as you have the ability to cast multiple & have paid for it you can? that makes sense logically but couple weeks we shall know ^^

1 hour ago, Josh said:

can you explain the 18" hand of dust?

Mis-type, 18 was supposed to be 3.  Had 22, 18, and 3 rattling around in my brain, and the wrong two numbers popped out.

I meant its different and scarrier at 22" (1" to first spellportal, 18" to second spellportal, 3" to target) than it is at just 3".

Archived