What is the deal with Dire Wolves?

Cargo Cult

16 minutes ago, Evil Bob said:

Hope you like allot of detail painting.  I only have ten of the newer plastic zombie sculps and they took forever with the bone, 3+ different types of fleshy  bits, and the random “things” on them.

GW really put serious development time in for them.

Looking forward to it.  Death got sidelined because of the Dire  Wolf perpetual backorder, but it all works out as Chaos is almost done (and stuck at the Gnarlmaw backorder).

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On ‎6‎/‎17‎/‎2018 at 10:36 AM, ogmaadn said:

Do dire wolves models have the same size as fenrisian wolves, or they are smaller?

A lot of people use the fenrisian wolvers so I am sure they are similar enough in size.

22 hours ago, grungolah said:

I don't have my oval bases yet but a couple days made short work ofy first unit of 10.  I will have 3 different manes so that I can mix and match while placing them.  

Very close to having a full death army! IMAG0715.jpg.cc9f8633b89943e2b9bdb213c161218e.jpg

This is important if running MUS to be able to differentiate between two units operating together.

Recently spotted these while frantically hunting for good dire wolves alternative models:

https://www.games-workshop.com/en-GB/Fell-Wargs

About twice the cost of the standard ones but really nice models. 

In my personal case I'm going to experiment with the 100 zombie dogs I bought in a grab bag and see if I can make it look like a decent swarm model, as if my vampire lord raided a pet cemetery for lack of other resources. 

2 minutes ago, KoalaSnok said:

Roughly the size of a hexwraith/bk horse.

Thanks, then I assume fenrisian wolves are a bit larger than dire wolves since they are about same size as a mounted cavalry model (including the rider).

Just to circle back on this thread I started, I have indeed gone with ghost Fenrisian wolves.  Appropriate given all the Nighthaunt action I hope.

I’m a average painter at best, but I like the results. The bases need some grass etc and the eyes need more OSL, but here they are:

BFDBC69C-3817-453A-80C9-00F17CCC9BE0.jpeg

Archived