Greenskin Lore Confusion

SirCelus

That could be interesting.  I think the next orc & goblin battletome that GW will add will be some type of grots.  Moonkin seems most likely.

I am pretty curious how or if they will change Moonclan compared to what the old Night Goblins were.

In my oppinion the "old" greenskin factions need a new, yet familiar approach to be connected better with the AoS time period. "More civilized" is surely not the right direction, even though the have HAD a kind of civilization and society in the World that was. But "less dumb" and "less clumsy" might be a possibility to shape their character. As Ironjawz embody the raw strength Orruks have, the other greenskins could rely more on their cunning instead, as they aren`t as powerful, making more use of crude machinery, or make better use of their environments.

A giant beast that is armed to be a walking keep for example could do, resembling a city that moves from one place to another.  Within these walking cities Orruks and Grots could very well maintain their former roles again, like Grots being scouts and spotters, thieves and builders or sneaky assassins, while the Orruks are more blacksmith kind of types, doing the heavier duties being more of the muscle within the society. The leaders of these "city tribes" could be a mix of Orruks and Grots in something like a governing war council or warchiefs, planning out strategic decisions to strengthen the clan or send them out for raids.

It would keep a touch of their classic feel, while porting them effectively into the current time fluff. Now, their battlebeasts would have to be different, and their armor should get partly a new vibe, to connect them optically, but I think you get the idea of the picture. That could be tried out in a boxed set, like "Gorkamorka in AoS", to see if the community picks up to that thing.

I am a big fan of all things orcs, trolls,and goblins across many IPs and I feel that with Ironjawz and savage Orcs that another orc faction is entirely unneeded and that anything they can do with old world orcs should be applied across these two factions.

This leaves time (development, releases,etc) for other factions across destruction. 

I think goblins can take the destruction horde army mantle. 

Just my opinion. 

4 hours ago, Vasshpit said:

I am a big fan of all things orcs, trolls,and goblins across many IPs and I feel that with Ironjawz and savage Orcs that another orc faction is entirely unneeded and that anything they can do with old world orcs should be applied across these two factions.

This leaves time (development, releases,etc) for other factions across destruction. 

I think goblins can take the destruction horde army mantle. 

Just my opinion. 

I think that while they've still got some good sculpts in the Greenskinz range (Azhag, Boar Boyz) the Greenskinz aren't going to go anywhere as they are the 'middle' faction between the Savage Bonesplitterz and the Armoured up Ironjawz.

Personally I think if they were to be expanded, they should be the builders. Expand on the chariots (With a new chariot kit please, or at the very least, plug in some new boars). Basically you could argue, Orruk war contraptions (whether they be chariots, war wagons, war machines, or whatever else) might make most sense in Greenskinz as opposed to Bonesplitterz (to savage) and Ironjawz (Care more about punching stuff up).

That being said, I'm a big proponent of just letting those races be and just chucking Greenskinz, Gitmob Grots, Troggoths and Aleguzzler Gargants into a single battletome ala Legions of Nagash (Those being the Orc and Goblins factions I have trouble seeing GW wanting to expand further). That way GW can continue to sell the models they want to sell (Which I think for the most part, are just the newer ones. The older stuff like the Grots just hang around for the ride), while keeping those existing players with those armies happy enough to continue playing the game.

Games Workshop seems to really be going after visual spectacle with all the post Age of Sigmar releases.  After thinking about some of the previous ideas mentioned, and looking at what GW has been adding to the game, I think a really cool niche for common/lesser/whatever orcs would be as beastmasters.  Warmachines and constructions are neat, but what I would like to see are things like Squiggoths with ramshackle howdas and various mounted warmachines.   Chariots could fit into that theme - but I would like to see things like orc versions of the Arachnarok or the new elf flying turtles.

I think it would fit well into the orc theme. 

Archived