The Black Sunz - Ironjawz - Update 28/02 - PICS! Whole new army painted!!

Chris Tomlin

Morning all,

It's been an age (over 1/3 of a year!!) since I've had any games with Ironjawz to write about and tbh I'm not really in a position to lay down reports of any real insight now! But still, this past weekend was the Chumpkings Invitational, held at the Cheltenham Warchiefs club venue so I have some games to briefly cover. Unfortunately snow cut the weekend short and I only played the 3 games on day one. I also didn't get to display my army for painting on day two, which was a shame given the new additions. Anyway, for those interested my list was;

Megaboss on Maw-krusha - Ironclad, Dabbing
Weirdnob Shaman
Warchanter
Warchanter

10 Brutes
5 Brutes
3 Gore-gruntas
3 Gore-gruntas

Rock Lobber
Rock Lobber
Rock Lobber
Rock Lobber

This was 1960, so I could've swapped 3 Gruntas for either 5 more Brutes or 10 Ardboys, but truth be told I like the pigs now and think they make the army look better. I wrote a list a few pages back that was a more refined version of this, but I certainly wouldn't have had the time to paint up the units required.
But yeh, I was happy enough with it. Really I should've taken Krunk for the army’s last tournament appearance for the time being, but after spending so long on the Rock Lobbers I wasn't willing to drop one. As it was I put Krunk on the table in all of my games as an NPC warmachine controller, a Lord Orkinator if you like! :P

So just quickly;

Game 116 vs Kieran Harper @Sangfroid (Ironjawz)
Oh man, I wish this match took place 12 months ago, when I was at the height of my game with the army. I really feel I let both Kieran and myself down coming into this game so ill prepared. We played Scorched Earth and Kieran (Maw-krusha, Megaboss, Shaman, Warchanter, 5x5 Brutes, and 2x3 Gruntas) let me go first. I pretty much sat still and just tested out my new toys - The Rock Lobbers started poorly with 2 missing, but the 3rd popped an extra shot and was able to take the Shaman down. The 4th killed a Brute and Kieran treated me to another on Battleshock.
My big error (due to only ever playing this Battleplan once) was not pushing my army forward slightly so that Kieran couldn't come onto me and burn my objectives, which is exactly what he did. He pushed the army up, got the double turn and was able to really punish me, effectively ending the game. I could state bad luck (I think Kieran did have the rub of the green), but in all honesty, Kieran just played better than me and put himself in a position where getting the luck would seal the deal. Me getting anything out of this wouldn't have been right.
It was still a fantastic game, with some great combats including a Cabbage off (Pig Benis won, despite taking the charge!). I also cast Foot of Gork...on a double. Kieran raised my posts on this very forum where I've stated the wounds go onto himself, which as written, they totally do!! So I humorously ended up killing my own Shaman whilst only killing a single Brute with the foot haha. Gamgor's 5 Brutes went toe to toe with my 10 for way too long, which was fun to see. But yeh, loads going on a just a lot of fun. I think once Kieran knew he was out of sight on the Battleplan he got a bit generous with the positioning of his units, allowing me to take off his army...
Though that was a close run thing and it looked like his Warchanter, Lil Krunkie, may be the one model to survive, which would've had good comedy value. Krunk himself was sat right at the back trolling Da Ghostwulfz whilst ordering the Rock Lobbers to rain down (they were pretty good tbh). Scenario finished 11-18. Kieran played the early game flawlessly and was able to capitalise on my mistakes, so we got the right winner in this game. It's what I get for having more Grots than Brutes I guess!!
Result - Major Loss

Game 117 vs Jim Perrin @The Blightking (Maggotkin of Nurgle)
It was great to now get in a game vs The Blightking himself. We were playing Total Conquest and Jim's army was The Glottkin, Bloab, Gutrot, Lord of Plague, 20 Blightkings, 10 Blightkings, and 10 Plaguebearers. Urgh. Rough for me. Even with the Rock Lobbers hitting on 2's (and getting extra shots of 5's) vs the bigger unit, I still couldn't do enough damage thanks to the Kings having 4 wounds each. This game was every bit as nasty for me as you'd probably expect.
The speed of the Nurgle is frightening, especially when Gutrot and his 10 guys also come on from the side and it all went south pretty quickly as I just couldn't do enough damage anywhere. It didn't help that the Maw-krusha did 1 (ONE!) damage on his first charge. Eventually I was able to take down the Glottkin, Gutrot and 10 Blightkings but I couldn't get through his wall and have a chance to get back up on the scenario so it was another loss. Good fun though and a ridiculous amount of alcohol was drunk as we had 4 bottles of spirits at our table! Messy. :S 
Result - Major Loss

Game 118 vs Dave Roberts @Thenecbromancer (Flesh Eater Courts)
Again, another fantastic opponent here. If you didn't know, this event had allowed 3 grudges(!!), hence me getting some sweet match ups. Unfortunately I can't really tell you anything about this game as Dave also rocked up to the table with a bottle of Kraken and things degenerated pretty quickly. Dave informed me the next day that Krunk stopped being a spectator in this game and actually took to the field of battle, I guess it's fitting for the last tournament game that he'd have had too much battlebrew by this time and staggered into the fray!! I also took Dave's shoe and intimated I would drop it on the table if I successfully cast Foot of Gork. Fortunately I didn't and just chucked it at @Caffran101 instead!! xD
But yeh, it was pretty rowdy but good fun for the both of us (I hope!). I think I was credited with a win come the end, but I honestly couldn't remember that.
Result - Drunk

So yeh, that draws a suitably messy end to The Black Sunz tournament experience (for the time being). It has been an absolutely fantastic journey and without a doubt some of the most fun I've had within the hobby. Thanks to you guys here on TGA as well, your interactions have definitely added to this. I said I wanted one last big party tournament blowout to see off the army and indeed the Megaboss persona, which I definitely got! I will now look forward to "dry" events with a different army. Tbh I'm not sure Phoenix Temple will be what I'm looking for from a gaming POV (though they scratch that hobby itch), so I am still looking for the right new project. I've had a look of great conversations this weekend about the current state of play in AoS and am genuinely excited about this change of direction for me, even if I don't really know what it means just yet.
This certainly does not mean that this thread is over or anything. I still fully intend to play some games with the Ironjawz and home/club and will be finishing up some existing projects (unfortunately not all of them will be done any time soon), but you can expect to see the Idol of Gork, Fungoid and Ironskull's Boys completed over the next couple of months.

Of course I also still have photos of the 4 Rock Lobbers to share, which will be later on today or tomorrow. I am so so happy with these and think they may be the coolest things in the army, honestly!

Thanks for reading,
Chris x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 3

46 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

I also took Dave's shoe and intimated I would drop it on the table if I successfully cast Foot of Gork. Fortunately I didn't and just chucked it at @Caffran101 instead!! xD

Who throws a shoe?! xD

Glad you didnt go into any details about Mike Porter as well.

Was great seeing you. You're models look sweet as hell! Maybe we will try and get a grudge at the next Chump Invitational?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, Caffran101 said:

Who throws a shoe?! xD

Me. Evidently. ;) 

Glad you didnt go into any details about Mike Porter as well.

Ha! I'd forgotten about scribbling in biro on that man's ******. It was his birthday after all, so what better gift to give! As I said, rowdy!! Haha @Portz

Was great seeing you. You're models look sweet as hell! Maybe we will try and get a grudge at the next Chump Invitational?

Cheers mate, I'd definitely be up for that! I'll even let you keep your shoes on your feet and your junk in your pants!! :S 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Was a great game Chris (the first of three great games for the day!) and particularly funny because I barrelled Rotgor down the middle to troll Krunk, engaged your Brutes and with a Waaagh up and Meatrippa’s Klaw kill a single brute, then your Gorehakkas dealt with Rotgor while Krunk watched on barely breaking swig!

ive played ironjawz mirror matches twice now and the main deciding factor is who gets the first charge off and that battleplan even more so! Especially with the first 3 priority wins going my way thanks to your Black Sun dice?????

anyway had a barrel of fun and am almost stupidly considering Ironjawz for SCGT now.... almost 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Ha! I'll do it if you do xD

Was a great game, I'd forgotten about Rotgor doing nothing whilst Krunk watched on laughing as his boys cut the rival down!

Don’t mate we will list craft and get all excited then be crying into our beers in the bar after day one 

• Haha 1

26 minutes ago, Sangfroid said:

Don’t mate we will list craft and get all excited then be crying into our beers diet coke in the bar after day one 

Corrected it for me ;) 

But yeh, you're right. If I took Ironjawz, it'd probably be the same kind of list. I do particularly like this variant though;

Leaders
Megaboss on Maw-Krusha (460)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Weirdnob Shaman (120)

Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Ironjawz Battleline
3 x Orruk Gore Gruntas (140)
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline
- Ironjawz Battleline

Units
4 x Ironskull's Boyz (80)

War Machines
Grot Rock Lobber (100)
- Allies
Grot Rock Lobber (100)
- Allies
Grot Rock Lobber (100)
- Allies
Grot Rock Lobber (100)
- Allies

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 400 / 400
Wounds: 151

Would have to paint 3 more Gore-gruntas and the Ironskull's Boyz. One of my new hobby rules is no more late cramming for tournaments though. So unless I decide on this ahead of time and happen to get it painted then it won't happen.

What are we doing even discussing this?! There's no hope for some people!!!

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, Chris Tomlin said:

One of my new hobby rules is no more late cramming for tournaments though.

I did that for blood and glory, still ended up short 2 GG's. Since then I operate on "what models are completed when I write/submit the list" rather than trying to rush paint. Helps that I've been spending the last 3 months on the Maw-Krusha, my god he's a stunning model but such a huge ******...

Really looking into getting the rock lobbers myself, just the lack of threat range is so brutal :( 

• Like 1

Only joined TGA community recently but been kinda addicted to visiting the destruction pages for a while 

just thought I’d thank Chris and Sangfroid for helping re invigorating my hobby bug with your great posts. My ironjawz are almost finished after a year of gathering dust let’s hope GW throw us a bone in 18 and it gets you guys to smash face again 

• Like 4

19 hours ago, Tizianolol said:

@Chris Tomlin I have a question about warchanters .. Your plan is to put their buff on the 10 brutes or on maw ?:)

No set plan at all. They are great on everything. Don’t underestimate their impact on 3 Gore-gruntas. It’s a very versatile buff.

17 hours ago, Zambo said:

Only joined TGA community recently but been kinda addicted to visiting the destruction pages for a while 

just thought I’d thank Chris and Sangfroid for helping re invigorating my hobby bug with your great posts. My ironjawz are almost finished after a year of gathering dust let’s hope GW throw us a bone in 18 and it gets you guys to smash face again 

Thanks man! Do you have a link to pics of yours? Would love to see them. 

Ok so here are some pics of my 4 Rock Lobbers. Don’t have time to post comments or thoughts today, suffice to say I’m incredibly happy with these. Hope you like them!

Chris

B87EEB49-BE47-4CB5-A0CB-68DD71EE4477.jpeg

96205D23-D6E4-4D56-9B88-B20A4C6F0110.jpeg

8AE2EE80-C4AE-4201-93D3-DC879C7970A5.jpeg

ABCC77A8-658D-4020-8857-090412EE5AA1.jpeg

7807CDF9-69A5-4143-861A-2E59BC3EA15D.jpeg

C000E12C-8624-4EA4-9535-C15CAC649844.jpeg

8C56286D-69B1-4DC3-AED7-07C21A5DB60B.jpeg

2EF97707-3977-412D-945A-8080B215795B.jpeg

7992EAA8-F572-4ADA-B0B9-A5567E6F5A40.jpeg

4EBEA7AA-5194-4560-9823-D7C5EBD58C6F.jpeg

361E6DE5-9BAF-415A-A6BD-64F45D9F4BB3.jpeg

E85534BC-6F36-4CD0-8699-EB7CAF26315A.jpeg

FDA33964-D645-4109-A280-279D48D49766.jpeg

578E2A48-ED14-486A-A7F7-D0AEDDEE2616.jpeg

28A915C6-2DA5-4BF3-8042-4C06E76427CD.jpeg

• Like 11

Rock lobbers look awesome n like tuorgustavo says it’s a motivation to see your work. 

My stuff ain’t up to the standards of yours but I’ll try n finish Mawkrusha this weekend n post a few pickys of Zambo’s Mob 

• Thanks 1

Morning all,

Thanks to those of you who have "liked" and/or replied to the photos. I'm pleased you guys enjoyed the pics. I had the idea a long time ago and fortunately it just came together well with the Plagueclaw/Scraplauncher arms (I've used 2 of each) fitting into the body of the 40K Mek Gun reasonably well (some plasticard work required). I was then able to de-40K them a little and add a variety of other bits. They ended up being pretty in depth conversions using a plethora of bits. The best compliments I've received have been "that they don't look like conversions" or "If GW released an Ironjawz Rock Lobber, it would look like that" etc. For me as a modeller, that's when you know you're on the right path. It's not all about making whacky unique pieces for me (though those can be super cool), I really enjoy adding units to my army that look like they belong as part of the fantastic existing range if that makes sense. That tends to be my goal with this army especially (the Krunkasaur being a clear deviation from this design brief!!).

I think the paint jobs on them came together nicely as well. It had been a long time since I added to this army and I'd completely forgotten how inefficient my scheme is....2 layers of grey highlights on the black before washing it with AP Dark Tone and then chipping over it so you almost literally can't see the grey. In my head I justify it by saying it gives the models depth and tbh I don't think the black looks completely flat irl (please agree...for my sanity haha!!)

I mentioned before the nightmare I had with trying to weather the machines and essentially just drybrushed over the wheels, fronts and carriage of them. This was a disaster and I had to completely repaint these parts. Set me right back.

As for the Grot crew. I do really like these guys and think they add a lot of character. They are a mix of Blood Bowl Goblins and 40K Grots (and other components from my bitzbox). I perhaps should've reused some of my Spear Chukka crew but am glad I did a whole new set for these now that they are done. They are really hard to photo well and I think maybe the skin might need a little more work (or a complete overhaul...the colours used as bizarre), but I think the ruddy noses and flesh ears help add character.

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 3:36 PM, Forestreveries said:

Freaking awesome. Love these so much!

Could you Imagine an army of grots painted like that. Itd be insane. 

(Could you imagine? ?)

Great at work bro x

Cheers bro! I had originally planned a unit of 60 Grots like this for my army...I just don't think I could bring myself to it, especially as I have a bunch to paint for my 40K Orks. 10 are done really nicely (probably nicer than these), but I will streamline my process a bit so that I have a painted army for our campaign!

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 3:50 PM, Sheriff said:

I'd like to learn how to do these bases

I've probably mentioned it someone in the thread but don't expect you to go trawling back through 30 odd pages, so here we go;

1. Sand the base, leaving spaces for where you want the cracks.
  2. Paint the sand Mournfang Brown.
  3. Wash the sand with AP Dark/Strong Tone (I've forgotten & used both of these in the army! Now I tend to just mix to cover all bases - no pun intended)
  4. OPTIONAL - Lightly drybrush the base Mournfang Brown.
  5. Paint the areas of the base where you want cracks with Rhinox Hide.
  6. Cover the Rhinox Hide areas in PVA glue and wait for it to dry.
  7. Thickly apply Agrellan Earth to these same areas. Leave good time for the cracks to show.
  8. If you are happy with how the Agrellan Earth has cracked, move onto step 9, otherwise scrape off the patches you don't like & try again until you are!
  9. Covered the dried, cracked Agrellan Earth with Lahmian Medium.
  10. Drybrush the entire base with Zamesi Desert.
  11. Drybrush the entire base with Screaming Skull.
  12. Repaint the cracks with Rhinox Hide where necessary (be careful at this stage).
  13. Apply patches of GW Grass.
  14. Paint the rim of the base with AP Matt Black.

Hope that helps! I really am super fussy with the Agrellan Earth cracks, often just pulling a model out of my cabinet after months if I suddenly spot a patch I don't like. Once you've used it a bit you will start to get a feel for how thick you need to go to achieve better results etc, but it's really not an exact art.

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 4:13 PM, tuorgustavo said:

Amazing as always, mate! I´m really impressed and inspired by your painting and conversions!

Thanks man, that's my favourite sort of compliment to receive tbh.

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 5:23 PM, Sangfroid said:

Privileged to see them in the flesh and they are even better than the pics! 

Cheers mate, you are one of very few people who got to have a proper look at them. Real shame I didn't get to display on Sunday.

On ‎20‎/‎03‎/‎2018 at 7:31 PM, Zambo said:

Rock lobbers look awesome n like tuorgustavo says it’s a motivation to see your work. 

My stuff ain’t up to the standards of yours but I’ll try n finish Mawkrusha this weekend n post a few pickys of Zambo’s Mob 

Thanks Zambo! I always love to look at other peoples work (especially Ironjawz) whatever the standard. I'm sure the Maw-krusha will look awesome anyway :) 

Chris x

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

5 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Morning all,

Thanks to those of you who have "liked" and/or replied to the photos. I'm pleased you guys enjoyed the pics. I had the idea a long time ago and fortunately it just came together well with the Plagueclaw/Scraplauncher arms (I've used 2 of each) fitting into the body of the 40K Mek Gun reasonably well (some plasticard work required). I was then able to de-40K them a little and add a variety of other bits. They ended up being pretty in depth conversions using a plethora of bits. The best compliments I've received have been "that they don't look like conversions" or "If GW released an Ironjawz Rock Lobber, it would look like that" etc. For me as a modeller, that's when you know you're on the right path. It's not all about making whacky unique pieces for me (though those can be super cool), I really enjoy adding units to my army that look like they belong as part of the fantastic existing range if that makes sense. That tends to be my goal with this army especially (the Krunkasaur being a clear deviation from this design brief!!).

I agree.  I have some sort of problem that causes me to try to convert almost every model I get and I have to fight pretty hard sometimes to not do it.  The absolute best comment you can get is when people ask you where you bought the model from because they think you simply purchased it rather than built it.  If you can manage to fool the casual observer into thinking the model came that way and belongs in the army then you hit a home run with that project.

In that regards, superb job on your lobbas.  For the most part they do look very much like the rest of the Ironjaw range and they are painted very well.  My only critique would be the wheels.  In my opinion tires just don't belong in the Fantasy world and they are the one part of those models that breaks the visual theme for me.  I would probably have used a different wheel entirely - either wooden wheels plucked from some other kit, or something completely metal sort of like the old 40k 2nd edition Ork artillery models had.  But, you could probably also get away with swapping the color on the wheels so that the rubber portion is bare metal and the armor plates are painted and weathered.  It is a pretty minor critique and still a great job and they should look great with your force!

• Thanks 1

6 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

I've probably mentioned it someone in the thread but don't expect you to go trawling back through 30 odd pages, so here we go;

1. Sand the base, leaving spaces for where you want the cracks.
  2. Paint the sand Mournfang Brown.
  3. Wash the sand with AP Dark/Strong Tone (I've forgotten & used both of these in the army! Now I tend to just mix to cover all bases - no pun intended)
  4. OPTIONAL - Lightly drybrush the base Mournfang Brown.
  5. Paint the areas of the base where you want cracks with Rhinox Hide.
  6. Cover the Rhinox Hide areas in PVA glue.
  7. Thickly apply Agrellan Earth to these same areas. Leave good time for the cracks to show.
  8. If you are happy with how the Agrellan Earth has cracked, move onto step 9, otherwise scrape off the patches you don't like & try again until you are!
  9. Covered the dried, cracked Agrellan Earth with Lahmian Medium.
  10. Drybrush the entire base with Zamesi Desert.
  11. Drybrush the entire base with Screaming Skull.
  12. Repaint the cracks with Rhinox Hide where necessary (be careful at this stage).
  13. Apply patches of GW Grass.
  14. Paint the rim of the base with AP Matt Black.

Hope that helps! I really am super fussy with the Agrellan Earth cracks, often just pulling a model out of my cabinet after months if I suddenly spot a patch I don't like. Once you've used it a bit you will start to get a feel for how thick you need to go to achieve better results etc, but it's really not an exact art.

Thanks for your recipe!  Basing is always something I have struggle with, at least in as far as finding something that I am satisfied with for my armies.  I was able to a consistent look that didn't aggravate me with my old Lizardmen army (which was sand+PVA glue, soaked with Agrax Earthshade, and then dark green flocking added) and my Space Marines/40K armies (GW Stirland Mud with Rakarth Flesh drybrush.

I'm still not sure if I like the Agrellen crakle paint as I have issues in testing it myself (haven't tried the glue trick though), but it looks really nice on your bases.  But there's just something in my brain that doesn't let me have mixed basing on my models like that.  But it doesn't bother my for other folks's armies.

Keep up the good work!  It keeps me inspired for sure!

• Thanks 1

19 hours ago, Skabnoze said:

I agree.  I have some sort of problem that causes me to try to convert almost every model I get and I have to fight pretty hard sometimes to not do it.  The absolute best comment you can get is when people ask you where you bought the model from because they think you simply purchased it rather than built it.  If you can manage to fool the casual observer into thinking the model came that way and belongs in the army then you hit a home run with that project.

In that regards, superb job on your lobbas.  For the most part they do look very much like the rest of the Ironjaw range and they are painted very well.  My only critique would be the wheels.  In my opinion tires just don't belong in the Fantasy world and they are the one part of those models that breaks the visual theme for me.  I would probably have used a different wheel entirely - either wooden wheels plucked from some other kit, or something completely metal sort of like the old 40k 2nd edition Ork artillery models had.  But, you could probably also get away with swapping the color on the wheels so that the rubber portion is bare metal and the armor plates are painted and weathered.  It is a pretty minor critique and still a great job and they should look great with your force!

Yeh man, defo on the same wavelength re the top paragraph for sure.

I did figure some people might feel that way about the tires, but I can't say I have a problem with them at all. I don't really consider AoS as a Fantasy world in the traditional sense, but then I don't really have an interest in the fluff either and just make up my own background/concepts! xD

But yeh, I totally get what you are saying and perhaps some WFB style war machine wheels would've been a better fit.

18 hours ago, BunkhouseBuster said:

Thanks for your recipe!  Basing is always something I have struggle with, at least in as far as finding something that I am satisfied with for my armies.  I was able to a consistent look that didn't aggravate me with my old Lizardmen army (which was sand+PVA glue, soaked with Agrax Earthshade, and then dark green flocking added) and my Space Marines/40K armies (GW Stirland Mud with Rakarth Flesh drybrush.

I'm still not sure if I like the Agrellen crakle paint as I have issues in testing it myself (haven't tried the glue trick though), but it looks really nice on your bases.  But there's just something in my brain that doesn't let me have mixed basing on my models like that.  But it doesn't bother my for other folks's armies.

Keep up the good work!  It keeps me inspired for sure!

Cheers man, I also have similar struggles with basing. I'm really keen to keep it the same across each of my Grand Alliances, but that is tricky. For example I'm strongly considering Idoneth Deepkin, but the models would likely look ridiculous based the same as my Phoenix Temple...it's a conundrum for sure.

What is it about mixed basing materials you don't like?!

Hoping to get a club game in tonight. Likely a rematch vs the Stormcast army that beat me in November. I will probably try the above list with some unpainted models (3 Gruntas and Ironskull's Boyz).

Will let you know how it goes if I manage to attend.
Chris

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Cheers man, I also have similar struggles with basing. I'm really keen to keep it the same across each of my Grand Alliances, but that is tricky. For example I'm strongly considering Idoneth Deepkin, but the models would likely look ridiculous based the same as my Phoenix Temple...it's a conundrum for sure.

What is it about mixed basing materials you don't like?!

I settled on a single basing scheme for my 40K models, and it really tied them together, especially when they are all out on display.  But I went with really quick and simple for them in order to get them done.

As for the mixing of different base styles, its partly because I don't have the patience to mix and match on the basing as I rush to get them done, partly because I haven't had luck with anything beyond the basics, and partly because I like the consistency of a single style.  I did Stirland mud with a Rakarth Flesh drybrush for about 6 or 7 years for my 40K models, and the way I would add variety would be in debris from battle (casualties, spare weapons/limbs, etc.) or large rocks (aquarium or driveway gravel glued and painted).

You make the mixed bases work really well with your guys.  I may try and copy it for a one-off model sometime, but I like the consistency in my forces.

• Like 1