The Black Sunz - Ironjawz - Update 28/02 - PICS! Whole new army painted!!

Chris Tomlin

On 10/11/2017 at 4:41 AM, Chris Tomlin said:

Thanks man! Yeh I find the whole concept of themed allies are really cool and exciting one. Definitely one of my fav bits of the GH2017. As well as my Gorkanaut Rogue Idol I have considered Deff Dreads for Gargants (had originally thought about the FW Gundabad Trolls...but now they are my number 1 candidate for an Ironjawz Troggoth Hag).  How are you handling your Gargant (wahey!)?

I had the same thought with the Gundabad trolls, but didn't want to take risk of them looking out of scale - though the plan is to essentially throw on a similar style armour for the Gargant's chest and arms. Plan is to have him look like his Brute pals have beaten on some slabs of metal, roughly following the brutes' getup but (obviously) larger. Maybe a big old hakka along the left arm in the vein of the Megaboss' ripper fist. Haven't done much work on it yet, mostly just been messing around with mock-ups, but the plan is to use some heated-up plasticard to mold some pieces onto the dude's torso and back. Shoulders, codpiece, and any other metal on the arm will be some spare brutes bits and some green stuff.  So far I've only properly done a facemask type of think, which came out pretty Mad Max-y - which I'm fine with! Anxious for some spare time so that I can get on with it - and start a proper blog on the modelling board.

The Rogue Idol project sounds killer, would love to see it once it's finished (if you manage to survive the highlights...)

20171014_163759.jpg

Edited by Dieselfruit
  • Like 4

On 11/10/2017 at 12:33 PM, Chris Tomlin said:

will say straight off (and have already said so elsewhere) that this is the strongest Ironjawz list I have ever used, even better than my Masters list, which I previously felt was the pinnacle.

Hey one thing that has come time mind.. so it's this it? Is this the one true perfect list? Gone stock with it a while, or have you got chants you'd like to make?

• Like 1

On 2017-10-14 at 10:35 AM, Sangfroid said:

Not cheesy at all, as said it’s part of the tactical play for both you and your opponent. Do they remove casualties from here or there? Or in Chris case he used it to move his character onto the objective etc... 

Alright. So I listened to a pod on aosshorts.com (cant remember which one or who it was talking) and the guy said pile ins could be done like this (se above) only if the unit charged the same turn. Also he said that it was FAQed. I suppose that is what Chris did, i thought he did it after a turn or so of fighting. 

Nice looking ardboyz! 

Just wanted you to know that I liked to read all your reports. Some cool stuff in there.

I disagree about the EotG thing though, here's why:
You are right that the maximum result can be devastating and game winning. But the chance isn't that high, it is something like 1 in 200 and even if the Seraphon player uses all his buffs to improve it he only gets it to something like 1 in 20 while limiting his list a bit  to get all those buffs.

If you apply those standards to other armies you get the same thing with a lot of abilities. They have a low chance of achieving it but they end the game.

I had it happen to me with foot of Gork. A shaman surrounded by lots of boyz and on a Balewind Vortex killed four heroes of my army, and with that all of my synergies, in one turn, effectively ending the game right there. The chance for that isn't that much different.

And many armies have something like that. So I'd say it is probably OK. Many Seaphon players including me have not seen the EotG pulling it off even once.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, Aginor said:

Just wanted you to know that I liked to read all your reports. Some cool stuff in there.

I disagree about the EotG thing though, here's why:
You are right that the maximum result can be devastating and game winning. But the chance isn't that high, it is something like 1 in 200 and even if the Seraphon player uses all his buffs to improve it he only gets it to something like 1 in 20 while limiting his list a bit  to get all those buffs.

If you apply those standards to other armies you get the same thing with a lot of abilities. They have a low chance of achieving it but they end the game.

I had it happen to me with foot of Gork. A shaman surrounded by lots of boyz and on a Balewind Vortex killed four heroes of my army, and with that all of my synergies, in one turn, effectively ending the game right there. The chance for that isn't that much different.

And many armies have something like that. So I'd say it is probably OK. Many Seaphon players including me have not seen the EotG pulling it off even once.

I don’t think anyone begrudge the EotG getting a second turn on such a slim chance the issue is the seraphon player can score objectives twice (or more if realllllllly lucky) in a single battle round imagine this is battle round 4 of a close fun game and the seraphon player just Auto wins because he rolls lucky in his hero phase, ending it there and spoiling a good match? 

No issue with extra turn but why would want to play a game where you get 5 chances to score on objectives and your opponent 6 chances? Doesn’t make any sense to me in matched play whatsoever  

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Sangfroid said:

I don’t think anyone begrudge the EotG getting a second turn on such a slim chance the issue is the seraphon player can score objectives twice (or more if realllllllly lucky) in a single battle round imagine this is battle round 4 of a close fun game and the seraphon player just Auto wins because he rolls lucky in his hero phase, ending it there and spoiling a good match? 

No issue with extra turn but why would want to play a game where you get 5 chances to score on objectives and your opponent 6 chances? Doesn’t make any sense to me in matched play whatsoever  

I somewhat agree, but then there are other battleplans massively favouring some armies that can outright win the game if they go first (there is that new one with the terrain breaking off for example, forgot its name). Those also eliminate the chance to even score an objective point.

...in the end I think for me it comes down to:

-> yes, it is a bit broken, but it is quite unlikely to happen
-> other stuff is just as broken but also just as unlikely to happen
-> yet other stuff is just as broken or more, and has to get fixed much more urgently since it breaks game balance.

...also I think that's really my main gripe with AoS. There is no real balance. It is getting better, it definitely is, but it is still bad, and that makes me angry sad.

4 minutes ago, Aginor said:

I somewhat agree, but then there are other battleplans massively favouring some armies that can outright win the game if they go first (there is that new one with the terrain breaking off for example, forgot its name). Those also eliminate the chance to even score an objective point.

...in the end I think for me it comes down to:

-> yes, it is a bit broken, but it is quite unlikely to happen
-> other stuff is just as broken but also just as unlikely to happen
-> yet other stuff is just as broken or more, and has to get fixed much more urgently since it breaks game balance.

...also I think that's really my main gripe with AoS. There is no real balance. It is getting better, it definitely is, but it is still bad, and that makes me angry sad.

Given that the fix is so easy and doesn't impact the army in any other way it's an easy and obvious solution. 

Something else is just as exploitive in a different scenario isn't an excuse to fix this exploit. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Given that the fix is so easy and doesn't impact the army in any other way it's an easy and obvious solution. 

Something else is just as exploitive in a different scenario isn't an excuse to fix this exploit. 

Correct. I'd still prefer solutions not tailor-made for just ONE problem. So the solution does not belong onto the EotG warscroll but into the core rules and/or the battleplans.

And that's my main point of critique: Allegedly the rule experts are designing the rules to be balanced, AND there is playtesting. Why do they release battleplans and rules that are so imbalanced and/or so poorly worded that they are spotted as problematic around five minutes after they are leaked to the public?
I don't get it. I don't want to believe that they actually forget (or worse: refuse) to test their rules against all their warscrolls. What are all those testers doing?

24 minutes ago, Aginor said:

Correct. I'd still prefer solutions not tailor-made for just ONE problem. So the solution does not belong onto the EotG warscroll but into the core rules and/or the battleplans

I don't think anyone would suggest otherwise as that prevents the problem from occurring in any other situation as well.

One of the problems is that there is a limited amount of time the player testers have and their going to be limited in perspectives and thought patterns. It's like in wow, the player base puts in more playtime in the first day than they can in months.

It's why iterative game design works, because they design the weirdfist, we find all the problems with it and discard it as useless then we all say "if only it did X" suggest it to them and they have a variety of options they could potentially choose from while not having to commit their limited resources to that ONE problem.

The interaction between eotg and points battles is Super niche. As you said you could play over a hundred games and never have it happen. That's one interaction of one model out of thousands.

I played an EotG at the same tournament (can't remember whether it was the same guy or not @Chris Tomlin?) He got it twice in a row - without me getting a response. This gave him 2 additional rounds of scoring. This was duality of death but, with the exception of Bore Draw, it'd be the same on pretty much any of the GH2  scenarios, especially as this was at the beginning of the game. 

He rolled some dice once we'd finished. It happened about 1 in every 4 - so once a game. To clarify, because of various buffs, he needs one 5 and two 6s from 4 dice, normally with the ability to re roll as many or as little as he wants of those. Happens more frequently than you'd think. 

I don't think it's a broken list - I ended up finishing higher than him, I think. It is one that when it comes off there is literally nothing you can do against it, which doesn't seem very fun. 

Edited by Lhw
  • Like 3

The EotG is the only model in the entirety of AoS with a rule that allows you to score multiple times in your turn.

It is not comparable to the idea that "other armies are strong in other areas".

It was a warscroll that was written before scoring points in a turn was even a thing. It just needs to be FAQ updated by GW.

• Like 3

It not being effective of course is no reason to not fix it. An ability that doesn't leave the opponent even a chance to react is not something desirable either. Unfortunately there are quite some abilites in the game that do exactly that. The scoring point issue is just the icing on the cake, because who can survive a triple turn?

Definitely needs fixing, that's a no brainer, I still don't see it as so unique in how it is able to break the game.
The amount of game breaking stuff in AoS is just too big for that.

But then again that's my personal opinion on it. :)

3 hours ago, Aginor said:

It not being effective of course is no reason to not fix it. An ability that doesn't leave the opponent even a chance to react is not something desirable either. Unfortunately there are quite some abilites in the game that do exactly that. The scoring point issue is just the icing on the cake, because who can survive a triple turn?

Definitely needs fixing, that's a no brainer, I still don't see it as so unique in how it is able to break the game.
The amount of game breaking stuff in AoS is just too big for that.

But then again that's my personal opinion on it. :)

I think the complaint largely revolves around it scoring multiple times in a turn.

If your opponent takes first turn, grabs 3 objectives, of 4, scores 3 then gets a 2nd turn, scores 3 again, takes a 3rd turn and scores another 3.

At that point you start YOUR first turn and it's 9-0 on points. You get 5 points for seizing objectives so if you sieze on your turn 1 it's now 9-5. For the next 4 turns you score 3 and he scores 1.

So you get 12 he gets 4, the score at the end of turn 5 is 13-17.

That means there's 4 points in it, ie. If it takes you till turn 2 to seize or he manages to reclaim you lose.

All of this assumes you come out of the first tripple turn in enough of a shape to completely DOMINATE the rest of the game.

Considering all the advantages gained from just having an extra turn being able to score multiple times in a round is overwhelming. 

Morning all,

Wow, loads of replies here!!

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 4:52 PM, Malakree said:

I really want to see you do a doom diver variant like your spear chukkas, thinking a one of your orruks holding a grot like a javelin xD those would look hillarious! 

There definitely could be something in that. I think my next artillery conversion would be Rock Lobbers. I have something in mind.

On ‎13‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:20 PM, Skumbaagh said:

Nice reports! Im puzzled about the pile in after the enemy is removed thou. Is that FAQed or something? One would think that is not the intention of the pile in mechanic. Please elaborate with an example so its not me missunderstanding.. :)

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:21 AM, Skumbaagh said:

Sure, but is it something people do? =)   In my area there is only friendly tournaments were you vote for the best sportsman to be the winner. Im curious if people would think it is cheesy... I suppose it depends on how good a player is with the rules. 

Hey man, looks like @Sangfroid covered you here. It is indeed just part of the rules and not at all "cheesy". Would you dock someone sports for them taking -1 off your save rolls with a Rend 1 weapon? ;) 

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 8:34 AM, Nico said:

It's exactly what the pile in is intended to do!

It represents Cavalry bursting through a breach in the lines to get to the Archers behind and other cinematic things!

You got it!

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:35 AM, Sangfroid said:

Not cheesy at all, as said it’s part of the tactical play for both you and your opponent. Do they remove casualties from here or there? Or in Chris case he used it to move his character onto the objective etc... 

It's definitely tactical. I think I remember @Ben writing a post about it when it first came up...possibly even was @Soup Dragon doing it?

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:32 AM, Banglesprout said:

Yeah I was just teasing :D

I totally understand, actually the cool little destruction community on here is great, really helps raise my enthusiasm levels about the Ironjawz (and destruction in general) and you've been a big of it. 

I used to play Orcs & Goblins back in fantasy but hadn't played for years. When I started getting interesting in AoS I came on here and reading through all the discussions you guys were having about Ironjawz is a big part of why I stayed green (must admit I was pretty tempted by the gorgeous Sylvaneth and Kharadron Overlords minis). That and seeing you and @Paul Buckler play on warhammer TV and just thinking "wow Ironjawz are cool!" Haha.

Yeah I would *love* to listen to that conversion. Tales of Sigmar podcast have a great episode where they chatted to the guy who won Heat 3 with squigs, that was so cool. 

Yeah I love the he took Gorefist, not something I'd ever considered. It's also interesting that he's got 20 Ardboyz - I'm curious if really likes that unit (and why) or if it was more a question of having the models. In my mind on just wondering why not 2 of 10? Plus he got highest kill points, right? How did that happen?! When I look at his list I see a mawcrusher and chaff, so I definitely must be looking at it wrong :D

Oh sure, they're still WIP - only thing that's really done in my mind are the metals (which admittedly is most of them). I'm going for all natural rust & skin colours - I decide I couldn't imagine my Orruks hanging around to paint their armour / nails so the only ornamentation in planing on giving them is scratched symbols into the metal...

Oh and yeah their bases are upside down, planning on filling them up with water effect. They live in a swamp, hence all the rust :D

Cheers dude, we are definitely blessed with the group of guys we have posting on here! Genuinely helps get me through the day haha! Glad you enjoyed me and @Paul Buckler on WHTV as well, that was so much fun to do.

I agree the 20 Ardboys is a strange choice in James' list, personally I can't see why you'd take them...but clearly it worked out very well for him. Our lists are so different which would make for such a great conversation I think. Once I'm back into the podcasting routine I'll definitely be in touch with him.

Your Ardboy looks great. Really cool. Good work man.

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 5:32 PM, Xelotath said:

@Chris Tomlin really enjoyed your write up of the Path to a glory campaign. Those kind of progression based campaigns are always great fun! 

Hoping to convince my game group to do something similar, although they seem to struggle with commitment.

Also top work on the spear chukkas! I would steal the idea but I know I wouldn't do it justice ? 

What are your thoughts on allied Giants? Was considering trying to fit them in with the BJ's! 

Thank bro. The way to get around the commitment issue is to just play it all in a day as we did. Getting 4 friends together for a full day session is hopefully something achievable for most people. Personally I think that's the way to do something like that and I'd definitely be up for it again.

Gargants are super cool...at some point I will definitely add one to my army. I'm pretty sure I'll use a 40K Deff Dread for mine.

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 9:54 PM, Dieselfruit said:

I had the same thought with the Gundabad trolls, but didn't want to take risk of them looking out of scale -

The Rogue Idol project sounds killer, would love to see it once it's finished (if you manage to survive the highlights...)

Fantastic work on the Gargant man, he looks brilliant already. The mask is great and really adds a brutal sinister vibe to what can be quite a comedic looking model. Love it, thanks for sharing.

Yeh I'm not totally sure on the Gundabad Trolls, the armour is also somewhat different stylistically. Dunno.

16 hours into the Idol now man...he should be finished later this week in time for next #MiniatureMonday.

On ‎14‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 11:38 PM, Banglesprout said:

Hey one thing that has come time mind.. so it's this it? Is this the one true perfect list? Gone stock with it a while, or have you got chants you'd like to make?

Haha I'm sure it's not perfect, but yeh I'll be sticking with it for a while as my go to list. That said for my next two events, RAW and Warchiefs GT, I will be taking something different just due to the nature of the events.

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:57 AM, Skumbaagh said:

Alright. So I listened to a pod on aosshorts.com (cant remember which one or who it was talking) and the guy said pile ins could be done like this (se above) only if the unit charged the same turn. Also he said that it was FAQed. I suppose that is what Chris did, i thought he did it after a turn or so of fighting. 

That's correct. It's only in the turn you charge.

On ‎15‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 12:32 PM, Aginor said:

Thanks for reading man, appreciate it.

Lots of talk regarding the Engine following that post from @Aginor, for me I think it purely comes down to this though;

On ‎16‎/‎10‎/‎2017 at 10:54 AM, Caffran101 said:

The EotG is the only model in the entirety of AoS with a rule that allows you to score multiple times in your turn.

It is not comparable to the idea that "other armies are strong in other areas".

It was a warscroll that was written before scoring points in a turn was even a thing. It just needs to be FAQ updated by GW.

Thanks again to everyone for reading and replying etc. Final two FHGT reports vs @Paul Buckler and @ChippyRick are now finished and will be posted this afternoon.

Cheers,
Chris

• Like 2

Afternoon Ardboys!

Right then, let's finish these off. Apologies in advance to @Paul Buckler and @ChippyRick if any details are slightly off as it's a little while since the games now (can't believe I haven't played again since! Rubbish!)...

Game 112 - Facehammer GT - Round Four vs Paul Buckler @Paul Buckler (Wanderers)
When this draw was put up I was really happy. Despite my only practice game for the event being vs Paul, with the same armies in the same Battleplan, I knew it would be a great game and I wouldn't have to dread getting up on the Sunday morning! As it was, I think the Dogfather was actually more drunk than me on the Saturday night!!
We were playing Battle for the Pass and Paul's army was identical to the one I played before with the Nomad Prince, 3 Waywatchers, Mage, 20 Eternal Guard, 10 Eternal Guard, 20 Glade Guard, 20 Sisters of the Watch, 5 Wild Riders and 5 Sisters of the Thorn...that sounds about right, oh he had the battalion as well.
Last time we played this, Paul made a mistake when teleporting his army down one flank in that he left a space between his Eternal Guard bases that allowed the Cabbage to nudge a couple of MM forward and be within 1" of his Prince, taking him off and ending the game. This game started pretty much the same deployment wise (bit of a headache trying to mitigate the jump on a Sunday morning!) as did the first turn. When he jumped this time though he had a much tighter wall in front of the Prince, two models deep. I was once again able to get some good early positional play on the middle objectives and even made a run for his (was able to double trigger Mighty Destroyers on my 10 Brutes - bit of a pro tip if you didn't already know you can do that), however they failed a 6" charge onto his home objective.
The Cabbage once again went into Paul's massive blob of Aelves that had jumped to the flank. With the scream and Destructive Bulk I was able to peel off the out layer of defence, which meant that when I piled in I was once again within an inch of that poor Nomad Prince - Take him off!! This is huge as it really limits Paul's movement, especially once they have already jump to one side of the table. Paul was pretty unlucky here as I think this only came about because I killed 9-10 Aelves with the scream and bulk combined. Still, the Cabbage then proceeded to sit there for way longer than he should've passing around 50 2+ saves we calculated. The 10 Brutes eventually got stuck into the 20 Eternal Guard on his home objective and I was actually pretty impressed with their resilience. Fortunately the Spear Chukkas had also been able to focus their attention on them, so I was able to battleshock them off.
Long story short, I was way up on Paul at this point, with very little opportunity for him to get back into the game. I got a bit cocky/sloppy later on and almost allowed him to get 4vps with his Wild Riders (just lazy play on my part not checking a gap I left), as it was though, Wild Riders are rubbish so it wasn't a problem!
After the last game with Paul I didn't feel that I learned all that much about the match up, however I do now feel it's a pretty good one. Sure, I had some luck but I think the Cabbage is just a problem for the Wanderers. The fact that I pretty much just used him, 10 Brutes and the Spear Chukkas (whilst Gruntas held objectives) vs Paul's entire army says it all really. Oh, I should note that after losing all my priorities (literally) in games 2 & 3, I won all of them in this game!
Result - Major Victory

Game 113 - Facehammer GT - Round Five vs Ricky Mee @ChippyRick (Stormcast Eternals)
Another game, another local friend! I'm totally ok with playing mates at Tournaments though, given my complete lack of games outside of events at the moment. I was also especially pleased to be playing Ricky in the last round, knowing that a win for one of us would result in a good placing so it's a bit of a win win. I also really find that playing Ricky brings out the best in my play, I think that's due to a combination of his incredibly tight play and wanting to get one over on a friend (especially one that's a better player than you!). We've had some great tournament games over the years and I was in no doubt this would be another one.
This was my first time playing Starstrike and I felt this could be where I potentially could miss my Ironfist and old Rampaging Destroyers as I felt they really gave me the edge in Gifts from the Heavens. Ricky had a Skyborn Slayers army featuring the Celestant Prime for some added punch.
I was really really pleased with my deployment and subsequent play in this game. I set up a very defensive formation, screening off my 10 Brutes, Cabbage, other characters and Spear Chukkas with the Gore-gruntas and 5 man Brute units. At any one time there was about 10 combat gauges on the table with me checking gaps, pile in ranges and that sort of thing. Ricky won the first priority roll, but then I won the following 3 (giving me 7/8 on day two). Him winning the first one didn't matter as I knew he wouldn't drop until T3. However, me having all the other ones was key and meant that I could pass the turn to him, giving me a potential double when he did drop. The objectives fell well enough (so I can't really comment on the lack of the extra moves, if you get unlucky with where they fall it could be an issue I guess), I was never really going to be challenging for his as I just moved my army forward to claim two of the objectives and eventually push my line further onto (and past) them so that he'd find it harder to claim them (couldn't just drop in and claim if that makes sense). As it was, his drop went pretty awfully, with his Prime killing 1 (maybe 2 Brutes) from my unit of 10 with his 8 attacks and getting deleted in return!! I was also able to spread my Spear Chukkas prior to his drop (as they had nothing to shoot) to try and mitigate the Primes sceptre, I could then move them closer to gain the rerolls after this hit. His Decimators also failed their 5" charge which was pretty massive and allowed me to move forward another couple of inches in my next turn, blocking off all avenues and essentially winning the game. But yeh, even if Ricky had got his charge in, I don't think it would've been a forgone conclusion or anything, my boyz would've just had to do some fighting, which they do quite like! As it was, I was able to smash up the Protectors with 5 Brutes and the 8-9 following up. So yeah, the failed charge gifted me the win without doubt, but it was kind of a ****** way to beat your mate in a game of relative importance. As I say, I'm pretty confident in hindsight that I could've withstood the charge and brought the Cabbage into play (could've pinned his line on the ends to mitigate Starsoul Maces as well). We'll never know though I guess.
It is really interesting to play the total drop army that stays off the board for a few turns, pretty weird/scary!! Oddly, I did play Skyborn Slayers round 5 at FHGT last year, however my opponent dropped T1 in that game. But yeah, was a good, tense, tactical game...exactly what I've come to expect and love from my games with Rick.
Result - Major Victory

This string of results, along with a painting nomination and 3 sports votes saw me get into 4th place out of 91 entrants, unsurprisingly I was pretty stoked with that. Interestingly if I'd somehow picked up a 4th sports vote (tall ask!) it would've seen me take Best Opponent (which I won at this event in 2016) and the additional points boost from this accolade would've seen me pushed up to 2nd place haha!! Completely hypothetical of course, but I like looking at stuff like that.
What's also interesting is that my results (Mi, Ma, L, Ma, Ma) were exactly the same as my FHGT results from 2016 (where I came 9th - this was actually the position I was originally shown in this year before the sports update. Spooky!) The absolute strangest thing for me though has to be no Sylvaneth?! Literally a first. Haha

But yeh, that was the Facehammer GT 2017. Once again it's without a doubt my favourite event of the year. The boys ( @Terry Pike, @Lez, @Russ Veal and Byron) do a fantastic job and I can't wait for next year. Congratulations to all the winners, especially @Sangfroid for taking home Best Destruction (awarded for highest Kill Points).

As I've mentioned elsewhere, this is genuinely feels like the strongest Ironjawz list I've ever used and I can't wait to get in some more games with it.
I appreciate I haven't gone into specifics on things, so please feel free to ask any questions about elements of the list etc.

The next update will be a hobby one. Work on my RAW Leviathan / Idol of Gork, the machine known as Vegnagun, is well underway with 16 hours sunk into the model so far. 8 of those have been spent with a pot of Runefang Steel, painting chips and scratches all over the thing. I predicted 8-10 hours for this stage, which seems about right at present. Hopefully he looks good when done. I am considering going back round my army and adding a small amount of weathering to the weapons (literally just a brown recess wash) as my next project, but we'll see. I definitely want to spend some time with Shadespire and Phoenix Temple over the next couple of months. I have an Ironjawz list I really like for the time being so it would be great to just get some games in!

Thanks so much for reading.

Much love,
Chris

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

10 minutes ago, Sangfroid said:

Brutes are literally the answer to every question posed in AoS, wonder if a list with 40 in might get branded a bit overkill.... 

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
15 x Orruk Brutes (540)
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Ironjawz Battleline

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

WAAAGH!!!

• Like 6

9 minutes ago, Malakree said:

Allegiance: Destruction

Leaders
Orruk Megaboss (140)
- General
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)
Orruk Warchanter (80)

Battleline
15 x Orruk Brutes (540)
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Ironjawz Battleline
10 x Orruk Brutes (360)
- Ironjawz Battleline

Reinforcement Points (0)

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 0 / 400

WAAAGH!!!

WAAAAUGH!!!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Hey guys,

So I've been pretty quiet of late, but after a short hobby break I found myself back at my desk last night armed with the Shadespire Ironskull's Boyz box and my extensive bitz collection. My plan was to customize this warband to be painted and based like The Black Sunz for use in games of AoS (nice to have a new unit, even if they are a bit naff). I then intend to get another set of Ironskull's Boyz just to speed paint in the studio scheme for Shadespire.

Anyway, as is often the case when I'm converting, I came up with a bit of background in my head. I haven't written it down as a story as such but my idea is that in my version of the Mortal Realms, Krunk has been able to use the leviathan Vegnagun to tear a rift into Shadespire, freeing Ironskull's Boyz. Being grateful at receiving the opportunity to smash up a bunch of new stuff they decide to join The Black Sunz, but not before they've embarked on a new career as pirates, pillaging the realms and all their inhabitants. Or something. Kaptin Ironskull has a ring to it, right?

These conversions were super fun to make and is the most I've used my dremel in ages as they are actually quite in depth in places. Lots of little touches I can't really capture in single photos. They aren't completely finished yet, I do have some basic mouldline removal, greenstuffing and a couple of final additions before they are ready for an undercoat.

Anyway, check them out! Let me know what you think.

Cheers guys,
Chris

IMG_2101.JPG

IMG_2102.JPG

IMG_2103.JPG

IMG_2104.JPG

• Like 5