The Black Sunz - Ironjawz - Update 28/02 - PICS! Whole new army painted!!

Chris Tomlin

Morning all,

Hope everyone is well? Sorry things are still pretty quiet here. I do have updates to provide, however catching up on a 3-day work week isn't too fun (the work doesn't go anywhere; still needs doing!). Hopefully I'll get some time later this week or early next.

If nothing else I definitely wanted to run through the 6 games me and @Paul Buckler played for the Skirmish Shadespire campaign. They were a lot of fun and it's a different angle for this blog. This week's podcast episode gives coverage to our day at Warhammer World and the 8(!) games we played.

I'm also sooooooo close to finishing 3 Gore-gruntas. Another 3-5 hours and they'll be ready to go (just 12 more left!). I'd love to get that done ASAP and crack into my Blood Bowl Orc Ardboy conversions (finally!!). Pretty inspired by @Tom's work of late tbh. Check his thread out if you want to actually see photos of awesome progress (currently lacking in this thread!!).

This week my hobby focus needs to be put into getting my Ogors rebased for Coalescence this coming Saturday. @Mitzy and @Devilreefman are running this up at Warhammer World. Got some pistols to paint for them as well. I'm also painting the new 40K Primaris Marines. Want as much done as possible for release. Oh and then there's mine and @Forestreveries #supersecretdoublesarmy ...It's never ending I tell you! :S 

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 1:05 PM, Paul Buckler said:

2 bits of scenery collapsed on top of him, suspect he was pretty battered!

Definitely a highlight!

On ‎02‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 2:19 PM, Sactownbri said:

Great game and interview Chris.

Cheers man, glad you liked it! Was a lot of fun for sure.

11 hours ago, Titcher said:

Hi Chris,

I left warhammer when age of sigmar kicked in, had my head turned by other games, malifaux and guildball to name a few, and when the skirmish rules were released last Month I decided now would be a good time to jump back in.

I picked up the skirmish book and the ironjaws warband with the intention of painting up a couple of models and getting a few games in at my flgs.

Then I started putting together the models and realised how amazing they were, so I had a looksie on the t'internet and stumbled onto this blog/forum/thread, and I am now quickly becoming addicted to ironjaws. Your army, your exploits and your passion has rubbed off on me and I can't wait to get some models completed and start playing so I just wanted to say thank you for helping kick start my gaming again, I hadn't realised how much I missed it.  

Hey man, thanks so much for this post, it really means a lot. This thread is great for me to stay motivated tbh, but if it can motivate or inspire others in anyway, that's even better! Especially returning players like yourself.

I like when you said you're becoming addicted to Ironjawz, they are a bit like that right? It's easy to get absorbed by how great the models are and how fun they can be on the table. You're not alone!!

Be sure to share some photos when you start painting your own models. I look forward to seeing them.

Thanks again man :D 

Chris

Edited by Chris Tomlin
  • Like 1

Thanks for shout out @Chris Tomlin

I find it funny because your the one that inspired me to start the blog lol. So glad I can return the favour.

spent a lot!! Of time in traffic this morning so managed to listen to the latest episode of the black sun and triumvirate! Yeah ****** you rain. 

Black sun as always is boss. Or should I say mega boss! No issue with the car audio personally. @Titcher this is a must for any ironjawz player. Well aos full stop really. It's what brought me here ect. 

I had a few games of skirmish against @Dan Hadert on Thursday. An I think jawz are ok in that setting. We gotta be good at something! Was good to hear your insight also. 

Yeah triumvirant what can I say about that. I was resisting 40k till this point. So yeah thanks...... not. Thats what I need another army to paint lol. I'm like you guys really used to play but fell off due to not having a PHD in 40k rules an army construction. Now that it suits dummies like me I may be tempted back in. The new death guard are amazing..... but then orks could be good now...... aaaaaahhhh I hate choosing another army. 

Any way just checking in catch up on the weekend..... when we get to stomp the realms!!!!

• Like 1

Morning all,

Got something cool and a bit different to show you all today; this is a Shattered Shard from Immortal Realms (@immortal_realm on Twitter). This is a two piece high quality resin kit that will be available as part of an upcoming Kickstarter. They have plenty of other awesome stuff planned, so keep your eyes out for it.

Whilst not strictly Ironjawz related, I thought I'd share some photos because, well, I haven't really been able to provide any updates here of late...

IMG_0673.JPG

IMG_0674.JPG

IMG_0675.JPG

IMG_0684.JPG

Edited by Chris Tomlin
  • Like 2

On ‎12‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:46 AM, Tom said:

Awesome update @Chris Tomlin !!

iv followed them on twitter will definitely be backing that kickstarter as I'll be after terrain soon. 

Cheers man, glad you like it.

I think some of their stuff will go really nicely with Ironjawz. Hoping they do some more "Destruction" themed bits as well.

I was hoping that an keen-eyed viewer may have noticed Krunk's alternate pose in that photo! This happened as a result of me drinking Dragon Soop whilst playing #New40K...

I had always planned to do a new version of Krunk for my 40K Orks and had even ordered the parts I'd need. However it struck me (whilst drunk) that instead of painting up a whole new model I can make Krunk multi-purpose, so promptly took a knife to one of my favourite models and sliced off his arm!!! In that moment I was more Mad Dok than Megaboss I think.

Anyway, the operation went smoothly (didn't end up with a squig brain or anything) and I was able to cleanly magnetise the joint, hence being able to move his left army into that new pose for the photo. It then means I can just do a new Power Klaw army for him and voila; Krunk can freely travel between the Mortal Realms and the 41st Millennium, which is kinda fun I think!

There will end up being two more versions of Krunk models regardless;

• The Krunksaur; this is Krunk riding atop a Carnosaur. I had hoped to use this at the RAW narrative event later this year, but the less said about that the better I think. Anyway, I'm free to use it in @Paul Buckler's campaign when I finish it. So that's cool!
  • The Krunkanaut; this is Krunk piloting a Gorkanaut for 40k; think Pacific Rim or Gundam Wing etc. After recording with @Andy Talbot and @The Lost Lighthouse (Gary) for episode 2 of the Trimvirate last night I came up with this idea. Seems super fun.

But yeh, you probably didn't need to know most of that!! :P 

Edited by Chris Tomlin
  • Like 4

Amazing! I definitely needed to know that. Some cool ideas there!

im tempted by 40k my self. But not sure what I would collect. Had an ork 40k army for about 10-12 years. So not sure if I should make a change lol. Looking forward to listening to triumvirate podcast when it's out. Missing the_black_sun. But understand the break. 

Keep up the good work brother

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, Tom said:

Amazing! I definitely needed to know that. Some cool ideas there!

im tempted by 40k my self. But not sure what I would collect. Had an ork 40k army for about 10-12 years. So not sure if I should make a change lol. Looking forward to listening to triumvirate podcast when it's out. Missing the_black_sun. But understand the break. 

Keep up the good work brother

Haha! I'm glad someone does! I just love the idea of Krunk as a cross game/genre hero of legend!

The new 40K plays really really well tbh. Hoping to play another game tonight. You can't really go far wrong with any of the armies, the ranges are fantastic at the moment imo.

9 minutes ago, Goodapollo4 said:

Love the idea of the Krunkanaut!

I was thinking about getting a Gorkanaut and using it as an Ironjawz styled Rogue Idol, and really I just want an excuse to get one.

Cheers man!

Yeh my current Gorkanaut is proper battered as I've cut off all the high tech stuff off it as I will be using it as.....a Rogue Idol!! Yes indeed, it's been an idea I've had ready to go since before the GH. Unfortunately Battleline kinda killed my buzz for finishing the conversion :(

As it is, it's not really usable in 40K now, so to avoid feeling frustrated with myself for cutting up a £65 model unnecessarily, I think I will have to finally follow through and finish it up.

Then of course I need to buy a new Gorkanaut to make the Krunkanaut haha!!

Deary me!

• Like 2

Hi guys,

No preamble, I'll get straight to it. Time for a super quick rundown of outstanding games;

Game 85 - Campaign Game vs Ricky Mee @ChippyRick (Death)
This was a 1,000 point game for our club campaign where your General remains the same from game to game (else you cannot obtain the Relics required to win). Ricky had a Vampire Lord, a Wight Lord, a Wraith, 30 Skeletons, 30 Zombies and 5 Bloodknights.
I took Shaman Krunk (he has a special hat now!), Warchanter, 10 Brutes (General), 5 Brutes and 10 Ardboys. We rolled up everyone's favourite battleplan; Take & Hold! Yey! :S
It actually ended up being a pretty cool game though. Ricky was able to camp up Damned terrain for most his army, which could be pretty big. I went for it early and was able to take out the Skeletons in one round of combat (even with Bravery 10, Battleshock can be a thing). I had then carefully charged my Warchanter into his Bloodknights in such a way that only a few would be able to attack, if he rolled badly I could survive and stop the Knights charging my Brutes next turn. As it was he rolled terribly and the Warchanter survived, however he had forgotten Damned terrain so I insisted we went back and indeed the Warchanter died. My 5 Brutes on the other side had taken out the Wraith and then Wight Lord.
To cut a long story short we ended up with a massive fight in the middle as Krunk and the remaining Brutes smashed up the Vampire Lord and Bloodknights (whilst taking some damage along the way). There wasn't enough turns for me to then clear the Zombies, nor did I have enough models to do so! Really fun game, as to be expected when playing Ricky.
Result - Minor Victory

The following 8 games were all discussed on the most recent TBS weekly episode, which you can find here;

Game 86 - Warhammer TV Practice Game vs @Paul Buckler (Kharadron Overlords)
As I had never played Kharadron Overlords before, me and Paul thought it would be sensible if we played a practice game at Warhammer World ahead of our game on the stream. We knew we'd be playing Gifts from the Heavens, so we opted to play that.
My list was pretty standard for what I normally take;

• Krunk - Battle Brew
  • Pig Benis on Cabbage - Talisman
  • Shaman
  • Warchanter
  • 15 Megabrutes (General, Ravager - This was a mistake on list submission, should've been Bellowing Tyrant...though tbh, Ravager worked out nicely)
  • 5 Brutes
  • 3 Gore-gruntas
  • 10 Ardboys (Tried 2 Shields for the first time. Meh.)
  • Ironfist

Paul has a great thread himself and has already covered this game in good detail (you can also find his list there);

If you scroll down to page 3 you'll find a very thorough report, so there's no point me rehashing it here tbh. I concur with most of what he wrote, it is a fair a decent account of the game. I definitely made a mistake with the Cabbage, that's undeniable (it actually screamed 5 wounds off the Ironclad). Bit annoying really as I set it up pretty nicely and should know better! I also made a smaller mistake with the Megabrutes charging the Arkanauts and Khemist. I should've stacked the Boss and Gore-Choppas vs the Khemist but feared the -1 attack, so moved them to the other side. In reality because of this debuff they were actually the only ones who would kill him due to the D3 damage. Interesting with such a big unit to note how important the placement (and subsequent movement) of the special weapons is. I did feel that him changing up from Zilfin to a custom Skyport was actually a big help as rerolling hits and wounds of 1 vs the Megabrutes was horrible.
I'm being a bit lazy here, so please ask if you have any questions on this game. It was actually one of my favs in a long time, very close.
Result - Minor Victory

Next up is the Warhammer Skirmish Shadespire Campaign we played through. We started out with 35 Renown as I wanted to use Krunk, so I had;

• Krunk
  • Brute Boss
  • Ardboy Boss

I ended the campaign on 97 Renown and with the following warband;

• Krunk
  • Brute Boss
  • 4 Brutes
  • Ardboy Boss
  • 3 Ardboys
  • Gore-grunta Boss
  • Gore-grunta

There are some pics of the warbands earlier in this thread. Unfortunately I don't have information to hand (at work) about what I added each game, which is kinda a shame. Likewise I don't have a list of what Paul used from game to game. Suffice to say there were plenty of Thunderers with Aethercannons and the obligatory 3 Light Skyhooks!!

Game 87 - Shadespire Campaign Game 1 - Clash at Dawn vs @Paul Buckler (Kharadron Overlords)
This was over pretty quickly as you can deploy super close and I got lucky with the quarters my guys dropped in. Think I had an ability to reroll charges as well. Highlight was defo Krunk intentionally charging through Crumbling terrain and falling to his doom!
Result - Major Victory

Game 88 - Shadespire Campaign Game 2 - Treasure Hunt vs @Paul Buckler (Kharadron Overlords)
I had managed to pick up a Gore-grunta and another Brute for this game, whilst Paul hadn't done quite so well, so I was able to rush him and take down his guys, whilst still able to flip a couple of the objectives. Highlight was defo Krunk intentionally charging through Crumbling terrain and falling to his doom! (No, that's not a copy and paste error!)
At this stage, after two swift victories, I was a little worried that maybe I'd build my warband out of sight and steamroll him throughout. That didn't last long though...
Result - Major Victory

Game 89 - Shadespire Campaign Game 3 - Fragile Cargo vs @Paul Buckler (Kharadron Overlords)
So yeh...Paul had built up a few more shooty guys by this time and this scenario was literally running the gauntlet. Even with the boosted deployment zone afforded by the campaign, this was super tough for me and the gunline did its duty!
Result - Major Loss

Game 90 - Shadespire Campaign Game 4 - Vortex of Power vs @Paul Buckler (Kharadron Overlords)
This one was one of my favs, really cool. I spent the first half of the game doing a Benny Hill with Krunk and the Endrinmaster, running around the vortex. I was gradually losing my guys as the Overlords shooting took its toll. I then realised that Krunk would be able to weather traversing the Vortex for a turn or two, so I pushed him through it, charged the Endrinmaster and took him off. Win!! Or was it?
I then remembered that Paul would get a 4+ special save vs all 6 damage I did...lucky he failed all 6 so the game was still mine. Hilarious!!
Result - Major Victory

Game 91 - Shadespire Campaign Game 5 - Assassinate vs @Paul Buckler (Kharadron Overlords)
I thought this would be another one where the gunline would go to town on me. However it really didn't and I was able to burst out and take a lot of it down. Unfortunately Krunk had to remain in his encampment, pacing it like a caged tiger. I thought I'd overcome the odds and survived (thanks to a Healing Elixir I obtained after the last game)...however the Endrinmaster charged last turn and somehow killed me!! Haha!! Him and Krunk were having a great series of running battles. Really added to the narrative feel.
Result - Major Loss

Game 92 - Shadespire Campaign Game 6 - Seize the Relic vs @Paul Buckler (Kharadron Overlords)
This is a really cool scenario. Tbh here the numbers game really went in Paul's favour and he was quite easily able to take the win. I could've been a bit cheeky and used the speed of the Gruntas to block his entrance to the Sanctuary meaning he would've had to waste a turn getting rid of them before he could move through.
Result - Major Loss (Paul wins the Campaign)

All in all the campaign was absolutely brilliant. I really enjoyed it and would 100% recommend grabbing a friend and running through it in a day. I was surprised at how narrative it felt with the interlinked games and additional stuff you get depending on the winner etc. I haven't done it justice there whatsoever and would actually love to play through again and take proper notes for a full report including the post-game rolls and additions each game etc.
I was concerned about shooting being overly powerful tbh; whilst it is undeniably strong, it didn't feel unbalanced. It probably helped that me and Paul were using single faction rather than cherry picking sweet champions! I guess this is the best way to play the campaign.

Game 93 - Warhammer TV vs @Paul Buckler (Kharadron Overlords)
Not much to say here, just go watch back the stream please - https://www.twitch.tv/warhammer 
As well as the game itself, me and Paul got to do interviews before, during and after the game which was an awesome experience. Loved every moment of it (other than the 4 priority rolls!!!)
Result...

Spoiler

Minor Loss

All a bit rushed there, but at least we're up to date and all accounted for now!
Still a decent sized update anyway I guess (took long enough)!

Determined to pull myself away from 40K long enough to finally finish my second unit of Gore-gruntas in the next week.
Chris

• Like 5

The wife has just bought be some gore gruntas for father's day and to wait to get my hands on them. I will be picking up a start collecting and a warboss at the end of them month so should have a decent starting point for an army. I currently have the warband.

Can't wait to get some games in, your battle reports sound like such fun.

• Like 1

Morning all,

How's everyone doing?

The heat here is utterly crippling my hobby at the moment I gotta say! I'm spending hours at my desk but just not achieving anything. What little I do seem able to do isn't going to plan, I'm not sure whether as a result of the heat itself or my general irritability relating to it! So yeah, pretty frustrating. I've considered just giving myself a couple of weeks enforced break from it all. Whilst I don't want to do this (so much I want and need to be cracking on it), it may help with holding off a mini heat induced rage quit haha!!

Hopefully some of the local shops get fans back in stock and I can get a good session in on Saturday. I really, really, need to start making some progress again!

What do people think about me posting photos of my 40K Orks here as I when I finish something? They are painted and based the same as my Ironjawz and indeed there will be some crossover models - ie Krunk will lead both armies of course. Unsure whether to magnetise his new power klaw arm or just glue it on? It fits well enough for AoS I reckon and furthers the eventual dieselpunk theme I want for the Ironjawz. Kinda talked myself into it I reckon haha!

I'll defo post photos of nu-Krunk once he's finished his trip to the Doks.

I also finally got hold of the parts I needed to finish my Idol of Gork conversion. This is based on a 40K Gorkanaut and I'll be doing this for Realms at War later this year, so that's pretty exciting. Does mean I'll only be taking 9-12 Gore-gruntas, not 18, in my mounted hunting party, but will still be super cool (and will stop me going mental considering how long this second unit has been on my desk!). One day I'll paint all 18...one day!! @Mitzy@Thornshield@Devilreefman@Jimbo

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:32 PM, Titcher said:

The wife has just bought be some gore gruntas for father's day and to wait to get my hands on them. I will be picking up a start collecting and a warboss at the end of them month so should have a decent starting point for an army. I currently have the warband.

Can't wait to get some games in, your battle reports sound like such fun.

Nice man, sounds like you have a solid force building up already. Won't be long before you're having some great battles yourself!!

On ‎15‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 10:40 PM, Tom said:

Nice read before bed Mr T

Haha!! That gave me a funny mental image :P 

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:24 AM, Fungrim said:

Ace stuff as always mate!

I've been assembling a Chaos warband for Skirmish inspired by the Archaon/Gaunt Summoner fluff - but this has really made me want to use my Ironjawz. Seem very powerful in small numbers! 

Cheers man. Yeh the Ironjawz did seem strong in certain Skirmish battleplans, but tbh in others the Kharadron shooting @Paul Buckler had was just too much. Love the idea of a Gaunt Summoner led Warband. Skirmish is so cool. Need to play through another campaign. Quite fancy using my Venetian Court actually.

On ‎16‎/‎06‎/‎2017 at 9:48 AM, Solaris said:

Sounds fantastic, I'm inspired to play through the Skirmish campaign now. Have had the book for a while, but just haven't gotten to playing it yet.

Thanks mate. Yeh it's really worth giving the campaign a go. I particularly enjoy the idea of playing through it in one sitting. As I think I mentioned previously it took me and @Paul Buckler about 3 1/2 - 4 hours total, so not too bad at all really.

Anyway, that's it for now. Nothing exciting. Hopefully have some photos for you all next week!

Chris

Edited by Chris Tomlin
  • Like 5

2 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

The heat here is utterly crippling my hobby at the moment I gotta say! I'm spending hours at my desk but just not achieving anything. What little I do seem able to do isn't going to plan, I'm not sure whether as a result of the heat itself or my general irritability relating to it! So yeah, pretty frustrating. I've considered just giving myself a couple of weeks enforced break from it all. Whilst I don't want to do this (so much I want and need to be cracking on it), it may help with holding off a mini heat induced rage quit haha!!

We are so British to complain about some good heat. However, I have to agree with you - its crippling to our hobbies - can't get painting any of my new 40k purchases.

Due a thunderstorm and temperature drop in the next couple of days, so hopefully the temperature will return to comfortable levels.

I would be more than happy for you to post 40k stuff on this blog (it is yours after all!). Part of my reasoning is I dont know where to find the 40k equivalent of TGA (does one exist? Also heard from others that the 40k forums used to be a pretty toxic place to be).

• Like 1

1 hour ago, kozokus said:

My prosecutors are melting faster than i paint them, litteraly. ':-|

Urgh! That's not good at all. What's happened? Are they bending on their parchment connection points or something?

1 hour ago, Caffran101 said:

We are so British to complain about some good heat. However, I have to agree with you - its crippling to our hobbies - can't get painting any of my new 40k purchases.

Due a thunderstorm and temperature drop in the next couple of days, so hopefully the temperature will return to comfortable levels.

I would be more than happy for you to post 40k stuff on this blog (it is yours after all!). Part of my reasoning is I dont know where to find the 40k equivalent of TGA (does one exist? Also heard from others that the 40k forums used to be a pretty toxic place to be).

Man, there's good heat and then there's this! I love getting out on the harbourside in the summer sun, but this is something else. There's just no air and no respite, even late into the evening. Yuck.

All the paint I've applied recently just seems clumpier, viscous and far less smooth, despite copious amounts of Lahmian Medium as standard. I've had to strip Krunk's power klaw as the paint just looked horrible. That's before you mention sweaty hands and general discomfort!! Deary me! haha! :P 

No idea re 40K forums tbh.

Air Conditioning for flats/houses isnt that common in Europe compared to the US. And if you have almost no wind going to ease the heat it is horror.... Living in Berlin (Germany) I despair thinking about heat periods here (0 wind for several weeks in summer here).... Southern Germany had 38 degrees Celcius today... I pity those guys down there that have the same hobby as us.

Edited by Vaux
  • Like 1

22 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

What do people think about me posting photos of my 40K Orks here as I when I finish something? They are painted and based the same as my Ironjawz and indeed there will be some crossover models - ie Krunk will lead both armies of course. Unsure whether to magnetise his new power klaw arm or just glue it on? It fits well enough for AoS I reckon and furthers the eventual dieselpunk theme I want for the Ironjawz. Kinda talked myself into it I reckon haha!

I'll defo post photos of nu-Krunk once he's finished his trip to the Doks.

I think that'd be ace mate, Orcs are Orks are Orruks are Orcs, y'know?! More green the better. And I can't imagine anyone would really mind an AoS/40k content crossover on here, especially as many of us are straddling both worlds now.

Also, 'trip to the Doks' xD

I also finally got hold of the parts I needed to finish my Idol of Gork conversion. This is based on a 40K Gorkanaut and I'll be doing this for Realms at War later this year, so that's pretty exciting. Does mean I'll only be taking 9-12 Gore-gruntas, not 18, in my mounted hunting party, but will still be super cool (and will stop me going mental considering how long this second unit has been on my desk!). One day I'll paint all 18...one day!! @Mitzy@Thornshield@Devilreefman@Jimbo

Really looking forward to this - ironically all the excitement for 40k has got me even more excited for AoS again. Are you taking your 'jawz to any more tournaments this year? Or are you still on the Sylvaneth? (it feels like ages since the last TBS and Sigbrah episodes!)

Cheers man. Yeh the Ironjawz did seem strong in certain Skirmish battleplans, but tbh in others the Kharadron shooting @Paul Buckler had was just too much. Love the idea of a Gaunt Summoner led Warband. Skirmish is so cool. Need to play through another campaign. Quite fancy using my Venetian Court actually.

Venetian Court in a sigmarite mausoleum setting would be wonderful to be fair. I'll post a pic of my warband in my thread so as not to clog yours up (as I say, it's Chaos though so hope no Destruction folk get offended..........)

• Like 2

We dont have enough "proper" heat to make domestic air conditioning worth it. Unfortunately, UK houses are designed to keep the heat in, rather than out.

Also Having AC would take all the fun out of moaning about the weather, which is the true national pastime

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 4

Morning all and welcome to the British weather thread!!

Well, the warmth isn't all bad. I managed to get out in the sun yesterday afternoon/evening, down on the quayside to have a few Battle Brews for my fiancés birthday. Lovely!

As for today; the air con in the office is still on and my desk fan is at its highest speed....however, looking out the window, I see grey clouds!!! Yey!!

It's definitely much cooler today, unfortunately this won't equate to hobby this evening as I'll be packing dice (check my Twitter if interested).

Deary me, what has this thread become!! ;) 

13 hours ago, Mengel Miniatures said:

Do you not have Air Conditioning over in the UK?

As mentioned above I am pretty lucky that my office has good Air Conditioning, which makes my work day fine. Wouldn't want to be sat here on TGA with a sweat on would I? :P 

But yeh, in general houses over here don't have it. My house is an 1875 Victorian build and it just wouldn't be worth the money to get it installed. A portable unit might be a consideration. I saw @Terry Pike picked up something recently which looked well priced and efficient. Usually a couple of good fans does the job though. We tend not to get this sort of stifling heat with no air over here.

12 hours ago, Vaux said:

Air Conditioning for flats/houses isnt that common in Europe compared to the US. And if you have almost no wind going to ease the heat it is horror.... Living in Berlin (Germany) I despair thinking about heat periods here (0 wind for several weeks in summer here).... Southern Germany had 38 degrees Celcius today... I pity those guys down there that have the same hobby as us.

Yeh IMO its the lack of wind that makes it horrible. I have had a couple of people come back to work from holiday this week saying that stepping off the plane in England it was like arriving on holiday, not returning! Genuinely been hotter here than the likes of Greece and Spain. Mental.

2 hours ago, Fungrim said:

I think that'd be ace mate, Orcs are Orks are Orruks are Orcs, y'know?! More green the better. And I can't imagine anyone would really mind an AoS/40k content crossover on here, especially as many of us are straddling both worlds now.

Also, 'trip to the Doks' xD

Really looking forward to this - ironically all the excitement for 40k has got me even more excited for AoS again. Are you taking your 'jawz to any more tournaments this year? Or are you still on the Sylvaneth? (it feels like ages since the last TBS and Sigbrah episodes!)

Venetian Court in a sigmarite mausoleum setting would be wonderful to be fair. I'll post a pic of my warband in my thread so as not to clog yours up (as I say, it's Chaos though so hope no Destruction folk get offended..........)

What's this? Warhammer chat! Ok then....

Cool, I'll definitely share them in this thread. As I say they look pretty much the same...just they have guns! They haven't attracted much interest on Twitter (people seemed to prefer pics of a sprue!! @Andy Talbot@The Lost Lighthouse (Gary))

Haha...trip to the Doks is from Gorkamorka post game and always brings back fond memories. So yeh, that's where he is. Getting a new power klaw fitted. I considered coming up with some fluff where he lost his arm or something, but thought it might be more fitting if he just decided to have it replaced. Pretty sure I'm just gonna glue it on now.

Tournament wise I'm not sure at the moment. I've dropped out of the last couple I was meant to go to for one reason or another and unfortunately might not be able to make the Element Games one now. I suspect I will use them at a few events though. GH2 should reinvigorate some interest. TBS will return next Monday.

Look forward to seeing your Warband.

2 hours ago, Caffran101 said:

We dont have enough "proper" heat to make domestic air conditioning worth it. Unfortunately, UK houses are designed to keep the heat in, rather than out.

Yey! Back to weather. But yeh, exactly this. My walls definitely retain the heat, makes night time no better tbh.

49 minutes ago, Ollie Grimwood said:

Also Having AC would take all the fun out of moaning about the weather, which is the true national pastime

Haha...100% this. So true!

Edited by Chris Tomlin
  • Like 3

@Chris Tomlin Look forward to the return of TBS! 3-hour special yeah? :D

Summer is a bad time for me re. tournaments (lots of weekend work cropping up). Got the GT Finals and Blood & Glory locked in though - will be taking Ironjawz to both those I think, as you say, hopefully new GH will throw some new options out there for us.

Re. the heat - managed to basecoat my Ironblaster and get some washes on my Ardboyz yesterday, it was the only thing distracting me from the heat - plus the shortened drying time was actually very useful... absolutely ecstatic it's raining right now though!

• Like 1