The Black Sunz - Ironjawz - Update 28/02 - PICS! Whole new army painted!!

Chris Tomlin

3 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Yeh they really do.

James Hewitt confirmed to me at the recent Warhammer World Open Day that the Human and Orc teams will be getting individual teams boxes (same sprues as boxed game) soon, so I expect to see plenty of Ardboys as per the above!

Ye, I think I saw this somewhere else as well. The are much better fit with the brutes than the existing ardboys. Excited now!

Morning Megabosses!
Well I got my first game of 2017 in last night vs @Forestreveries and will be doing a full report on that (going back to how I was doing them before) next week. Unfortunately I am at my Uncle's Funeral tomorrow so will not be able to do it then, and want to post about something else today.
If you can't wait to find out what happened, go scroll through my Twitter feed (@the_black_sun) and have a gander there, some pics as well. Please don't post spoilers here though in case anyone cares enough to await the report haha. It was a great game for sure, I look forward to talking about it as it means I can start discussing my new list plans etc as well.
So, thought I do a super quick overview of the Tournaments I attended last year. FYI these are all 2 day (5 or 6 game) events;
  • South Coast GT - 28th (126) - Stormcast Eternals
  • Call to War - 31st (36) !!! - Stormcast Eternals (don't ask!)
  • Brothers of Sigmar - 4th (16) - Ironjawz - Best Painted Army
  • The Warlords - 35th (99) - Ironjawz
  • Facehammer GT - 9th (66) - Ironjawz - Best Painted Army, Best Opponent, Best Painted Unit (Doomfire Warlocks)
  • Cheltenham Warchiefs GT - 15th (26) - Ironjawz - Best Painted Army
  • Clash of Swords - 22nd (48) - Ironjawz - 3rd Best Painted Army, Best Painted Destruction Army
  • Realms at War - Narrative event, placing unknown - Flesh-eater Courts - 2nd Best Painted Army
The placings that are emboldened denote the four Tournaments that make up my rankings score for 2016. Overall I would say it was a fantastic year for me. If we take results/painting out of the equation, I honestly can't recall having such consistently fun Tournament games over the course of a year. That may be down to my outlook and attitude in game, my opponents, my army or just AoS in general. I suspect it's a culmination of everything together that's just made for such an amazing time.
If we talk results, it's been a bit of a mixed bag. I'm pretty happy to have got 26 Tournament games in with the Ironjawz under matched play in pretty much a 3 month period. Out of those 26, I won 14, drew 1 and lost 11. Those results don't look great on paper (I think my non tournament games would vastly increase the ratio, but meh!) but actually I think are pretty decent for Ironjawz and I can hand on heart say that there aren't many of those 11 that I didn't feel in with a shot at, which is important to me.
As mentioned elsewhere, I finished the rankings year in 17th, just pipped to that final Masters spot by our very own @Sangfroid. He's much more consistent and a better player than me, so no arguments my end. I will say that one of my best scores was with Stormcast at SCGT, so I can't call the year a total success as an Ironjawz player! Next year I expect to be much much tougher and if I play with Ironjawz throughout, I will target a top 30 finish.
In regards to painting, it was a phenomenal year for me. Back in WFB 7th and 8th edition I had a pretty nice Dark Elf army that was my pride and joy. I took it to loads of events over a 6 year period, constantly adding and improving to it. It did me well in terms of paint trophies and is/was my pride and joy. After that I struggled to connect with an army and never painted anything properly, just speed painting various armies for events. It was weird as I almost felt scared to better myself, I loved the Dark Elves more than any other army and wanted them to be my best work. With the release of the Ironjawz this year, I found a stunning model range that I was able to be really inspired by, it also helped that in game they seemed to perfectly suit my outlook and approach to how I wanted to play the game - fast and fun! I was able to fully immerse myself in the army both on and off the table. Creating the hype around my Megaboss Krunk etc really helped me to feel the army. This all might sound pretty weird, but it's important for me if I am going to sink my heart, soul and endless hours into painting an army. I really feel like it has been a return to form and now I would say that this is up there with my best work (if not my best). I am very keen, like my Dark Elves, to keep adding and improving this in the years to come. I want to be "the Ironjawz guy", the Megaboss if you will.
I have been fortunate to pick up some painting awards again this year against some fierce competition as a result of the above and I gotta be honest, it's been an amazing feeling to get past the Dark Elves and know I can still do it, I wasn't a one hit wonder (also being able to win an award with my Flesh-eaters further built on this)! Thanks so much to any TO or player that has voted for my army at all this year. Further still thanks to anyone who has expressed their interest in the army and said anything nice. I just wish I could do photos to a standard I'm happy with and say "this is my army, enjoy" as opposed to "this is my army, it looks better in the flesh"! [emoji14] 
Anyway, in a super proud but perhaps not so humble fashion, here is a photo of the prizes I won specifically with the Ironjawz in 2016, so my trophies for the FHGT painting contest (Doomfire Warlocks - part of the aforementioned Dark Elf army) and RAW (Flesh-eater Courts) are not depicted;
IMG_9136.JPG.2f79cda5841aef470bf86a2406b4829f.JPG
It was genuinely amazing to pick up every single one of those and whilst none are for gaming, I am still mighty proud of my achievements. As it is, the Best Opponent award at FHGT is one of my favourites, I was actually pretty close to tears by that point (as I had just won the sword moments beforehand!) - emotional times haha!! Just sums up what is 100% my favourite year playing Warhammer.
Anyway, moving onto 2017, I posted some #wipwednesday stuff on my Twitter yesterday, but thought I'd share it here as well. The photos are black and white as the green plastic of the Blood Bowl Orcs looks weird when converted with standard plastics.
Hope you enjoy them and thanks for reading!
Chris x
IMG_9111.JPG.03b5739e0004da4a00e7203a178957c3.JPG
IMG_9113.JPG.dd87ec8a4794332e627d36a2332e0256.JPG
IMG_9114.JPG.2da019defdc2f2f54e17092545379401.JPG
IMG_9115.JPG.d07793bba4f4ce99569a2f3a02252b4a.JPG

I can't believe you have beaten me to this Mr Tomlin... I purchased the BB Orc team off eBay the week it came out to convert them up as Orruks, sadly they are still in the box they shipped in and therefore haven't been started! Needless to say they will be after the WarhammerGT in a couple of weeks!

Anyway great job on them I look forward to seeing the painted versions up on here soon...

Waaaaaggghhhh love always Mitzy. X

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Hey Chris thanks for the heads-up--I've been balls-deep in Total War: Warhammer lately, so I haven't been by here in a bit!

I really like the drummer, it looks like he's punching a stinkin' grot "off-camera!"  I'll be sure to post my BB/'AB conversions once I start Ironjawzing for an upcoming escalation league.

Also, sorry the BOBB/'Ardnob Brute-ish list didn't work out for you better!

BTW do you have a thread like this for your Stormcast, or pix posted anywhere??  (FYI I'm not on Twitter, yet...)

Also, have you seen Arbaal's work? http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/3088-the-arbaals-iron-waaaaagh/

• Like 2

Have thoroughly enjoyed reading through this. As a 40k player, I've seen some of the AoS stuff up at my local GW store and was tempted to grab something to take part in the once a month 1000 point days. Always regretted not having an Orc 40k army (I'm a boring ultramarine guy), so this thread inspired me to head up and I bought the Ironjawz getting started box, as well as the thunderfist battleforce. 

Should have me covered for a while! Definitely thinking mostly black on their amour, with some red accenting everywhere. Just need a catchy name for them now!

Hardest part im finding is just figuring out what weapons to add! I didnt really think much for the ardboyz, i just glued on what was cool. For the brutes (I have 10), am thinking I just need to stick with two choppas for everyone, with the 1 in 5 having a gore choppa (as two units of 5). Any suggestions? 

Edited by Timcz
Just added one extra paragraph
  • Like 2

Morning all,

Thanks for the reads and replies so far, glad to see the topic is still generating some interest :)

Good news; I've already been able to get 4 games in with the Ironjawz this year (2x 2,000 and 2x doubles) and I'm up at Warhammer World this weekend to hang out for the Masters and hopefully get a few casual games in. Good start!

Bad news; I've got a manic week at work and don't think I'll be able to get any reports done until next week. I had hoped to not fall behind, but I'm really loathe to spend my free time in the evenings (not that I have much of that either at present) doing this. So unfortunately, you'll just have to wait! :P 

• Like 2

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 5:01 PM, Mitzy said:

I can't believe you have beaten me to this Mr Tomlin... I purchased the BB Orc team off eBay the week it came out to convert them up as Orruks, sadly they are still in the box they shipped in and therefore haven't been started! Needless to say they will be after the WarhammerGT in a couple of weeks!

Anyway great job on them I look forward to seeing the painted versions up on here soon...

Waaaaaggghhhh love always Mitzy. X

Ha, I there was me thinking that I was slow off the mark! ;) 

I'd love to claim I'm a trendsetter and that the BB Ardboys are purely my creation, however I'm sure every single Ironjawz player looked at those models and had the same thoughts as you and I did haha!!

Glad you like them, really need to get them on my painting table but realistically it probably won't be until February. Just so so busy at the moment.

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 5:58 PM, Dotification said:

Hey Chris thanks for the heads-up--I've been balls-deep in Total War: Warhammer lately, so I haven't been by here in a bit!

I really like the drummer, it looks like he's punching a stinkin' grot "off-camera!"  I'll be sure to post my BB/'AB conversions once I start Ironjawzing for an upcoming escalation league.

Also, sorry the BOBB/'Ardnob Brute-ish list didn't work out for you better!

BTW do you have a thread like this for your Stormcast, or pix posted anywhere??  (FYI I'm not on Twitter, yet...)

Also, have you seen Arbaal's work? http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/3088-the-arbaals-iron-waaaaagh/

Hey man, no worries. Yeh the drummer seems to be the most popular one I think. Rightly so, he's awesome. Works so well.

No thread like this for my Stormcast unfortunately. They were a speed painted job back in April 2016 which I ran at a couple of events and then sold. I do love the models and how they play so may paint an army properly one day.

Not seen Arbaal's work. I don't tend to look at many pic heavy threads due to being at work and being a closet gamer haha! I'll have to check it out on my phone though.

On ‎05‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 6:36 PM, Soulsmith said:

Man those are some ace trophies, and well deserved!

Loving the blood bowl ardboyz, it was something I was planning too, but magnetising seemed near impossible, so I will be picking up a second squad.

Cheers dude, yeh tbh out of all the trophies in my collection, 2016 did yield some of the coolest.

Unfortunately I don't think magnetising would be an option.

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 2:19 AM, Timcz said:

Have thoroughly enjoyed reading through this. As a 40k player, I've seen some of the AoS stuff up at my local GW store and was tempted to grab something to take part in the once a month 1000 point days. Always regretted not having an Orc 40k army (I'm a boring ultramarine guy), so this thread inspired me to head up and I bought the Ironjawz getting started box, as well as the thunderfist battleforce. 

Should have me covered for a while! Definitely thinking mostly black on their amour, with some red accenting everywhere. Just need a catchy name for them now!

Hardest part im finding is just figuring out what weapons to add! I didnt really think much for the ardboyz, i just glued on what was cool. For the brutes (I have 10), am thinking I just need to stick with two choppas for everyone, with the 1 in 5 having a gore choppa (as two units of 5). Any suggestions? 

It's really really cool to see so many 40kers flocking to AoS (I'm sure we'll be doing the reverse once that game gets the AoS treatment - I have an Ork army waiting to be painted).

Be sure to post a link in this thread to your Ironjawz once you get some paint on them. Colour scheme sounds cool.

With Ardboys, I don't think you can go too far wrong with equipping them as you like, there's not too much in it either way. I think the common consensus is shifting towards 2 choppas, but meh, I wouldn't worry about it. I think most people have a variety, especially as the box doesn't give you enough of any one thing.

If you are running 2 units of 5 Brutes then yeh, definitely go choppas. As you say 1 in each unit with a Gore-choppa and the Boss will want his Klaw and Smasha.

On ‎08‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 3:48 PM, cb_rex said:

The Blood Bowl Orc conversions are great.  The Black Orc drummer in particular works really well.

Thanks man :) 

23 hours ago, Tommy_T said:

I really like what you done with the blood bowl orcs! How do they scale up beside the brutes, smaller, or same size?

Keep up the good work! :)

Thanks Tommy, they are smaller than the Brutes (The Black Orc Blocker isn't a mile away from them tbh) so work perfectly for Ardboys. They are on 32mm bases.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Thanks Tommy, they are smaller than the Brutes (The Black Orc Blocker isn't a mile away from them tbh) so work perfectly for Ardboys. They are on 32mm bases.

Awesome! I think I have to get myself a blood bowl team or two then :)

Morning,

Went up for the Masters this weekend and played a practice game with @ChippyRick on the Friday. Then there was a last minute drop out on Saturday morning, so as the number 17th ranked player I was drafted in...meaning I played a further 6 games.

That puts me on 11 games for 2017 so far...none of which I've reported on so far. Arghhh! Not the start I wanted for the blog :S

Chris

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

That puts me on 11 games for 2017 so far...none of which I've reported on so far. Arghhh! Not the start I wanted for the blog :S

I think that's really disgusting Chris..... ;)

Seriously, it's all fine. Problem with real life is that somethings are difficult to do and with all the gaming and podcasting you are doing, you shouldn't worry too much about it. Also I'm dead jealous of all the gaming and hobby stuff you do!!!!

• Like 1

That puts me on 11 games for 2017 so far...none of which I've reported on so far. Arghhh! Not the start I wanted for the blog :S

Chris

11 games in 15 days (not counting today) - that's spectacular. January has not had enough hobby for me.

Edited by Nico
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...

Hello and welcome back!!

I figured it was long overdue I caught up with this blog. It was close to being forgotten for a while there!

I'll admit I've been feeling somewhat bi-polar with the Ironjawz of late, but they always seem to pull me back in. No sooner have I assembled a new Tzeentch army ready to paint, have I decided to switch back to the Ironjawz!

So, where I am in the hobby right now? What's going on?! Well...

- I have now played 18 games with the Ironjawz so far this year (including 9 tournament games). I think we are possibly a little beyond reports of these now, however I will list them over the next week for a sense a completeness and to keep a full record here. As it is, a large number of those games will have been discussed on either The Black Sun Weekly or Age of Sigbrah and when I note up the games I will advise if this is the case (just for those who may be interested). Going forward I would like to give proper reports here where possible, but I think I have to appreciate that this may not always be possible and be ok with just a couple of lines as opposed to beating myself up about it!

- I have started a new campaign this week, ran by @Paul Buckler and based on the WFB 8th Blood in the Badlands campaign system. I was considering my Flesh-eaters for this, but switched to Ironjawz at the last moment! First game last night was amazing, check out my Twitter media for some cool pics @the_black_sun. This campaign will hopefully encourage me to paint up some new bits.

- Nice segway there, as painting wise I have not painted a model properly since October last year (I've painted a full FEC army and a Saga warband, but not top quality stuff) when I did Brutes #21-30 for Clash. So whilst I've be coming up with all these new Ironjawz lists with @Sangfroid, I'm not able to play them at Tournaments as I don't have the models painted. So yeh, kinda wanna start pushing myself to paint Ironjawz again. I have sooooo much stuff unassembled/unpainted;

• 2nd Megaboss
  • 3rd Warchanter
  • Weirdnob Shaman*
  • 10 Brutes (taking me to 40)
  • 15 Gore-gruntas (taking me to 18)
  • 40 Ardboyz (taking me to 50)
  • Rogue Idol of Gork
  • 30 Savage Orruks
  • 10 Orruks

And that's maybe it?! Daunting. I would love to get those Gore-gruntas assembled and painted for #RAW17 in October this year. Definitely a bit of a personal goal there. The General's Handbook 2 is obviously going to come out and make some changes for us, so will be interesting to see the fallout there. Presumably (and hopefully!) I will need more models. I've asterisked the Weirdnob Shaman as I am actually in the process of painting that model now...which is pretty exciting. It really is fantastic and full of character. Really interested to see what I can do with it. Hopefully can make him look proper mental and arguable most importantly of all; nail that smoke!

- Tournament wise, I am booked in for absolutely loads already this year. I'm going to take them as they come and not really make massive plans for the year. In all honesty I probably will take armies other than just Ironjawz across the year, but we'll just play it by ear. Ideally I don't want to be giving myself any killer paint deadlines like I did last year. First up is the Sheffield Slaughter next weekend 25th and 26th Feb. This is a standard 2 day, 5 game event with list submission on the day, which is really nice. Means there is zero pressure on getting the Weirdnob finished. If I do finish him, I'm considering this list;

• Krunk - Battle Brew
  • Cabbage - Talisman
  • Weirdnob
  • Warchanter
  • 15 Brutes - General, Bellowing Tyrant
  • 5 Brutes
  • 10 Ardboyz
  • 3 Gore-gruntas
  • Ironfist

It's funny, as me and Kieran have been discussing all these super innovative and different lists, only for me to then go and take literally one of each unit plus the Megabrutes! Haha. Yeh, them aside it's pretty basic. Should look pretty though and will hopefully get a couple of wins in. I don't really have any expectation on this one, so all good.

- Finally, photos. Photos, photos, photos...how many times did I promise proper photos last year and not deliver on them? I lost count...better off asking @The Stronghold and @HobbyHammer:(. But yeh, this is something I  need to do this year, for myself if not the people I've been letting down. As I've repeatedly failed to come up with anything half decent myself I think I will look into getting some help from a pro, or at least some one with a proper camera. It's definitely on my list! A proper photo of Megaboss Krunk was snapped at Partner's in Chaos this past weekend, so I'll add that to this thread for sure.

Couple of posts I never replied to;

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 0:27 PM, Nico said:

11 games in 15 days (not counting today) - that's spectacular. January has not had enough hobby for me.

Yeh not bad going eh? Don't think I'll be able to keep it up whatsoever haha

On ‎16‎/‎01‎/‎2017 at 10:24 AM, Gaz Taylor said:

I think that's really disgusting Chris..... ;)

Seriously, it's all fine. Problem with real life is that somethings are difficult to do and with all the gaming and podcasting you are doing, you shouldn't worry too much about it. Also I'm dead jealous of all the gaming and hobby stuff you do!!!!

Haha...yeh, I am pretty lucky for sure. I definitely don't take it for granted and know I have a very understanding other half (I suspect she'd pleased to have me preoccupied with other things!).

But yeh, we'll leave it there for now. I probably should do some work! But let's considered this thread reactivated shall we? :D

Megaboss Chris

Edited by Chris Tomlin
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, Chris Tomlin said:
  • Krunk - Battle Brew
  • Cabbage - Talisman
  • Weirdnob
  • Warchanter
  • 15 Brutes - General, Bellowing Tyrant
  • 5 Brutes
  • 10 Ardboyz
  • 3 Gore-gruntas
  • Ironfist

This is really similar to a list I played last night at club, except I was running 10 brutes and 6 goregruntas.

The cabbage isn't something I regularly run out, as I find him really hard to use, the size of his base makes him really challenging to position at times, especially if there is a fair but of terrain on the board.

My experience of the cabbage is that I have never had him make his points back, and I have always put far more value in boots on the ground. Adding extra Ard Boyz to the list would be a good way to go I think, means you can easily fit in a second megaboss and another warchanter, which I think are far more valuable.

• Like 1

Morning Megabosses!

Hope you all had a good weekend? Reasonably chilled one for me, but did squeeze in some hobby I thought I'd share with you today.

@Nico - I already have a conversion in mind for my Idol. Hopefully I'll get round to it this year.

@DeadlySarcasm - I guess this depends how you define making points back. Do you literally put it down to how many points the unit itself causes? As well you know, I've discussed the importance of Ardboys many times and definitely need to get more painted. My converted unit of 10 is next on my table after I've finished up the following two models....

Firstly, let me introduce the new GW Ironjawz release; Brutes with Heavy Crossbows (I WISH!). This is something I've talked about non stop in person, on the forums, on twitter and on podcasts...so I thought I'd put my money where my mouth is and do a mock up. How cool does this look? Still a bit WiP at the time of the photos, but he is now finished and has been sprayed black. Would love to paint him this week to put into one of my Brute units for the Slaughter this week. Not gonna rush him though.

Whilst it's just a bit of fun, I do genuinely think it looks great and just works IMO. I plan to make a full unit of 5 and in game will just mix them amongst my Brute units for variety. In the campaign I am currently in, @Paul Buckler has agreed to let me have a go at devising some rules for them. Initially thinking something like 1-2 shots, 24" range, 5+ to hit, 3+ to wound, rend 1, D3 damage. Bonus for shooting da big fings! Personally you guys could help me out and come up with a cool warscroll, just for fun.

Anyway, this was on twitter yesterday and seem to be quite popular. Cant wait to paint him.

The photo underneath this is exclusive to TGA as I haven't tweeted him yet. Its a WiP shot of my Weirdnob Shaman which I'd love to finish tonight. Seeing it blown up like that has allowed me to see some flaws I need to fix. Also very few areas are complete; skin still has 3 layers, bone still has 2 etc. I'm a bit all over the place painting him. Really though, it's all down to the smoke and whether I can be happy with that.

Anyway, let me know what you think of it all...

Chris

IMG_9473.JPG

IMG_9474.JPG

IMG_9475.JPG

IMG_9476.JPG

IMG_9490.JPG

Edited by Chris Tomlin
  • Like 7

Both awesome. Love the eyepiece on the Crossbow. What bit is the bow itself (is it a BCR piece)? 

I'd make the crossbow rules good for a high cost versus "meh" for a modest cost. 5+ to hit is soul destroying (i.e. what anything with 4+ to hit does against Dryads - I've adjusted lists to deal with the ubiquitous -1 to hit debuffs already). Perhaps if they were 5+ to hit, but +2 to hit and +1 to wound against Da Big Thingz?  

Warcanter doesn't help with pew pew, but Bellowing Tyrant does.

Morning,

Pretty disappointed with the lack of response there tbh! Thought you guys would be loving that!! Not the kick-start to the thread I'd hoped for. :( 

Unfortunately didn't quite finish the Shaman for #miniaturemonday, but he is progressing nicely and will hopefully be done for the slaughter this weekend. Though I'll admit that I'm not sure the smoke is going to be as good as I'd envisaged. It's just really hard to paint. Such a good model though all in all.

23 hours ago, Nico said:

Both awesome. Love the eyepiece on the Crossbow. What bit is the bow itself (is it a BCR piece)? 

I'd make the crossbow rules good for a high cost versus "meh" for a modest cost. 5+ to hit is soul destroying (i.e. what anything with 4+ to hit does against Dryads - I've adjusted lists to deal with the ubiquitous -1 to hit debuffs already). Perhaps if they were 5+ to hit, but +2 to hit and +1 to wound against Da Big Thingz?  

Warcanter doesn't help with pew pew, but Bellowing Tyrant does.

Thanks for the reply mate, glad you like them. The bow is indeed from the BCR range, specifically the Stonehorn kit.

I agree 5+ to hit is awful, however it just feels right. Having an Ork army for 40K, I know that a 5+ is a guaranteed hit with a rocket launcher, so hopefully that'd translate here!

I was thinking of applying the "duff up da big fings" rule to these Brutes as well, so they reroll their shooting against models with 4 or more wounds on their profile. Not too bad I don't think and keeps it simple. I'd rather they were underpowered as opposed to overpowered if anything. Losing to a bent made up unit could upset people!

25 minutes ago, Chris Tomlin said:

Morning,

Pretty disappointed with the lack of response there tbh! Thought you guys would be loving that!! Not the kick-start to the thread I'd hoped for. :( 

I love it Chris. Please keep on doing it! You are still that nagging voice in the back of my head about starting up a Ironjaw list (I just can't make my mind up because all of the AOS stuff is so nice). Just work, a one year old and trying to move house has me a bit distracted ;) 

• Like 2

I agree on the 5+ to hit, this is the traditional orky marksmanship. I would think they'd be using a repeater crossbow, more dakka and all that, but I'm not sure where they'd get the tech. I did this for a maneater with pistols conversion. I imagine Orc repeater crossbow tech would look something like this. Maybe they get more shots the closer they are to the target?ba9177bb524bc193cfe836558c3c89fb.jpg

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Gaz Taylor said:

I love it Chris. Please keep on doing it! You are still that nagging voice in the back of my head about starting up a Ironjaw list (I just can't make my mind up because all of the AOS stuff is so nice). Just work, a one year old and trying to move house has me a bit distracted ;) 

Cheers Gaz! Yeh one of the "problems" with AoS is how awesome everything is haha! I haven't even finish assembling my Tzeentch and I'm back on Ironjawz...but then also bought a Sylvaneth army this week out of the blue! Too much stuff and literally no money!! :/

12 minutes ago, NoobhammerN8 said:

I agree on the 5+ to hit, this is the traditional orky marksmanship. I would think they'd be using a repeater crossbow, more dakka and all that, but I'm not sure where they'd get the tech. I did this for a maneater with pistols conversion. I imagine Orc repeater crossbow tech would look something like this. Maybe they get more shots the closer they are to the target?

Great conversion, he looks really cool! I like the repeater idea for sure, thanks for sharing. I have a massive 40k Ork bitzbox so will see what I can come up with on the second one.

Thanks guys
Chris

I love it Chris. Please keep on doing it! You are still that nagging voice in the back of my head about starting up a Ironjaw list (I just can't make my mind up because all of the AOS stuff is so nice). Just work, a one year old and trying to move house has me a bit distracted [emoji6] 

Agreed, except in my case that nagging voice won out in my head. My Thunderfist box arrives in the mail today and I've already built and primed the getting started box I bought last Tuesday. Keep being an inspiration!
  • Like 2