Mixed Kharadron with Fyreslayer allies list - 2000 points

eekamouse

Any thoughts on this list in terms of viability? Not planning to win tournaments with it but be moderately competitive. Finishing up a Death army and looking to finally pull the trigger on a Duardin army.

This tickles my fancy thematically and “seems” decent. It’s not 100% Clown Car and I really like the idea of two big ships. Basically get alpha strike on the Hearthguard through the Runesmiter and the boats with Zilfin Skyport. Thought about swapping out the Khemist with an Endrinmaster for ship repairs, but extra attack power sounds better than repairs.

It's three drops.... Runesmiter + Hearthguard, One boat with 2 companies and 6x skywardens, One boat with 1 company, Khemist and 6x wardens.

Allegiance: Kharadron Overlords

Skyport: Barak-Zilfin
- Additional Footnote: Surrender Is Rarely Profitable

Auric Runesmiter (80)
- Runic Iron
- Allies

Aether-Khemist (140)
- General
- Command Trait : Fleetmaster

15 x Auric Hearthguard (300)
- Allies

10 x Arkanaut Company (120)

6 x Skywardens (200)
6 x Skywardens (200)

Arkanaut Frigate (280)
- Main Gun : Heavy Sky Cannon
- Great Endrinworks : Aetherspheric Endrinds (Barak-Zilfin Skyvessel)

Arkanaut Ironclad (440)
- Main Gun : Great Sky Cannon

Total: 2000 / 2000
Allies: 380 / 400

It's viable and by no means weak (but that depends on the loadout of your arkanauts and skywardens).  I run a similar list albeit one ironclad instead of two boats, endrinriggers over skywarden and an Admiral and so other fyreslayer units. So I would suggest 3 things:

1) Run skywardens in groups of 3, there's no particular advantage in larger squad in their best configuration (2 guns drill/hook and volleygun). Makes them better at objectives and harder to pin down and get rid off. 

2) Would not recommend the Sky cannon on the Ironclad but that might be just my rolls. Single shot and 4+ to hit is ... well depressing.   

3) Since you are taking fyreslayer allies why not plug Kharadron Overlord weaknesses? I think taking either hearthguard berzerkers or vulkite berzerkers will do more for Kharadrons. No, they don't have to make the charge but they will definitely give one more turn of shooting more often than not multiple turns.  

Thanks for the reply. I definitely get your point about subbing in Bezerkers etc... over the Auric Hearthguard. I'll definitely chew on that.

I was thinking to group the Skywardens into larger groups to get a better bang out of the Khemist. 

I hear you on the Sky Cannon. I guess I was in the 40k mindset of having a couple of "high strength" weapons on the board. More dice "should" be a good thing though :)

Archived