Chosen

Arkiham

Chosen are murder machines.  They hit hard and wound hard.  If you can give them rerolls to 1s (Oracular Vision, Daemonic Power, or some other means) it makes them so much more solid.  I also like them best as Tzeentch with a shrine.  The shrine can give reroll hits or wounds for khorne/nurgle, but reroll 1s gets them half they way there anyway so why waste it?  Give them reroll armor (and maybe a cheeky mystic shield) and they are going nowhere.  

They can also drop mortal wounds now and then and since they hit often you get lots of chances to do so, but the best part is they give the rest of your units nearby rerolls to wound, which is massive on weaker units.  

One of the best units I use.  Hands down.

They are the "center" of my army so I take 9 of them (because of the Fatesworn Band rules).  To either side of them i'll have some marauders or warriors; possibly something else dictated by scenario or my opponent.  And just behind them will be the warshrine.

If at all possible I attack with them first in combat to but the to wound on other nearby units.  With the shrine buff, shrine aura, and the battalion they save 82% of all wounds on average against - rend.  Beware though - once people catch on they'll start tossing mortal wounds their way.

Archived