Search In
  • More options...
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Welcome Guest!

Join us now to get access to all our features. Once registered and logged in, you will be able to create topics, post replies to existing threads, give reputation to your fellow members, get your own private messenger, and so, so much more. It's also quick and totally free, so what are you waiting for?

Sign in to follow this  
Oldmanlee

Mixed grots help

Hi all 

can I get some feedback on this list it's my first attempted at a mixed grot list I have left to spend 140pts not sure what to spend it on ? 

image.png

image.png

Squig Gobba, exactly 140 points, I am missing some Fanatics..., also give some grots a bow. And think about replace the fungoid shamane with a grot warboss.

Edited by Hot Peanut

Regarding battleline for grots, regular foot grots or grot wolf riders?

Which is better essentially?

Edited by TheHuntard

I vote gobba. Its great ranged threat against bad armour units. You have plenty of mortal wounds for armour already. 

Added value is when they think they are smart by charging it, then discover they hardly hit it due to netters, and it has a -2 rend bite :D

Edited by Sheriff

Yesterday tried spiderfang list vs khorne and was wiped out from the board at start of turn 3  :/ Spider Riders w/o massive buff  to hit very bad unit now ( 

Allegiance: Spiderfang

Leaders
Grot Big Boss On Gigantic Spider (100)
Arachnarok Spider With Grot Shaman (280)
Arachnarok Spider With Grot Shaman (280)
Fungoid Cave-Shaman (80)

Battleline
10 x Grot Spider Riders (200)
- Spiderfang Battleline
10 x Grot Spider Riders (200)
- Spiderfang Battleline
5 x Grot Spider Riders (100)
- Spiderfang Battleline

Units
3 x Fellwater Troggoths (180)
- Allies

Total: 1420 / 2000
Allies: 180 / 400
Wounds: 100

Edited by Imperial

You probably did nothing wrong, you just faced a battletome army so have little chance of winning. I've tried a very similar list and got stomped also. 

I think the trick must be to screen your core units with little units of spiers (or grots), whilst throwing in a fully buffed unit of 10+ spiders / arachnarok each turn fully-buffed.  Whilst pounding them with artillery / spells somehow. Not that simple though... 

The spiders are just too squishy to last more than 2-3 turns, and other armies are simply better at rushing in and murdering everything.