Tales of Sigmar - Tale of Gamers - Month 1

And here we are, my Hero for Month 1 !

My stormhost is characterised by different color codes linked to each one of the Mortal realms, so here is my try at Ghyran and Jade.

I wanted to do something new on the Venator's wings, rather than using white I also used my Realm of Life color code. I didn't know what to expect, but i'm pretty happy with the result ! It's flashy but so is high-fantasy and AoS :)

Now only a couple days to finish my Liberators and reach my goal !

Venator1.JPG

Venator2.JPG

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Excellent work everyone so far.

I am terribly sorry about this but it looks like I may have to drop out of this tale of gamers on account of the fact all my hobby stuff has been boxes following a move and I have had no time or energy to get any hobby done at all.

I'll see how it goes but looks like I won't be close to making the deadline whatsoever sadly.

Welcome to my first month's post! This month I bought a few bits on ebay:

4x Crypt Horrors with spare bits for Coutier: $42

10x Ghouls: $20

Total Spent: $62

Budget Left Over: $23

On to the pic. I forgot to take a shot until I was almost done with the Horrors and Courtier, oops! I hope to have the Horrors complete some time this weekend, giving me next week to get the ghouls done to complete this month's pledge!

image.jpg

Well i've completed my first month's worth. 13680618_10210081809705041_2845729968745

I present the noble King Shattertooth the Wise

13686763_10210081810425059_2413091890422

The hilarious, but insightful, Crypt Ghast Courtier Chester the Jester

13892199_10210081812065100_3196304998022

The brave Men-At-Arms, defending the Court in their shining armour, equipped with gleaming weapons. And in the background, the noble King's prized pet dragon.

I've also done a video about the first month, which also has me contemplating what to do for month two

So I've been painting my oruuk megaboss loved putting this model together, I decided on doing the iron sunz tribe because I really like the contrast between yellow and green. The pic is just basecoats atm but its almost done, one thing I will say is I glued the front plate on which I regretted almost immediately as it really made it harder to paint the face and the giant skull trophy on his shoulder. As for the ard boyz I've built and primed them,  im just applying the yellow now which is deceptively simple if you've got patience. Also I know month 1 isn't over yet but I picked up the start collecting ironjawz box which leaves me with enough money to get a big monster in month 3 . GODDRAKK ON MAWCRUSHA  

IMG_2051.JPG

And just one week before the deadline, here is the remain of my Month 1 ! 

My warrior chamber fighting in Ghyran is primary equipped with blade weapons to cut throught the thick undergrowth (faster than trying to smash a vine with a hammer). This is the first retinue of Liberators, wearing the chamber's green color on their tabards. 

And along this a family picture of Month one, with the Knight-Venator shielded by the valiant Liberators. It was an "easy" start as Stormcast tends have a small model count, but Month 2 will be a bit heavier as I'll probably get their Start Collecting box !

See you next month :) 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

1 finished mega boss really enjoyed painting this guy I really like the yellow/green scheme normally I like to do something completely different to how gw paints their minis but in this case I think it worked really well, I was aiming to get 1000pts done for the AOS open day at Warhammer world but now I don't want to rush the army, so I can enjoy building the army as the project goes on.IMG_2052.JPG

Army - Legion of Azgorh/Beastmen

Month 1 Budget: £50
Month 1 Spend: 
Infernal Guard Fireglaives - £24 (thank you ebay)
Infernal Guard Command - £18

Total Spend:£42
Remaining Budget: £8

“The refuse of thousands of years of labour fills the plains surrounding the Chaos Dwarf citadel. Industry tears the earth, pock-marking the surface with ugly scars of endeavour. Beneath the flickering flames of countless forges untold thousands of slaves, creatures of many races captured in war or traded work at the enterprises of the Chaos Dwarfs for the glory of Hashut.”

I always need some impetus to start any project and the Tale of Gamers seemed like a good way to do it. I've wanted to create a Chaos Dwarf army since the 4th edition 'army book' and this seemed like a good time to start. The idea will be a heavily industrialised looked, with the beastmen taken as slaves (canon fodder). I'm going for a darker, grimy look, with plenty of rust, dust and metal.

This first month is a unit of fireglaives and a command unit. I painted a command unit first before deciding that I wasn't that fond of the paint scheme so I stripped them and started again.

Chaos Dwarf Spread.jpg

Once the unit was nearly finished I started thinking about the bases. I knew I didn't want to go for the classic lava and fiery bases and quickly settled on the idea of an industrial look. The idea came from the original Chaos Dwarf book. 

“The cold river enters the city from the north and it is put to use cooling the huge forges of the Chaos Dwarf Sorcerers, powering steam-driven engines, and flushing the effluent of industry out to the south. Where it leaves the city the river is stained red and yellow with filth, laden with noxious sediments and its steaming water is thick and poisonous.”

and I'm pretty happy how they turned out.

Bases Spread.jpg

Here is a picture of the first full finished unit (not a great photo unfortunately), and a picture close up of the Castellan with a couple of guards. The only thing I'm not happy with is the banner, so thats going to change when I come up with an idea of what to do with it.

Chaos Dwarf Unit.jpg

Photo 06-08-2016, 19 40 34 (1).jpg

Next month the Chaos Dwarfs get some heavy armoured support. 

Glory to the Father of Darkness!

Some stunning armies being completed for their first pledge and with just 24 hours to go until Month 2 kicks in I cannot wait to see more!

I've finished my Rotbringers, lost motivation halfway through the month but plodded on and happy with how these have ended up. Tried some completely different basing with the multicoloured grass on the dark red ground. Think it works really well.

Anyway here's the monthly rundown hope you enjoy the pics;

Army - Nurgle Rotbringers

Month 1 Budget: £50
Month 1 Spend:
Blightkings - £33.50
Gutrot Spume - £16

Total Spend:£49.50
Remaining Budget: £0.50

FullSizeRender[1].jpg

FullSizeRender[5].jpgFullSizeRender[6].jpg

FullSizeRender[2].jpg

FullSizeRender.jpg

FullSizeRender[4].jpg

FullSizeRender[3].jpg

FullSizeRender[7].jpg

Really nice color choices and uses for bits! In particular I love the way you painted the green into the HPA and the robes on the Plague Furnace Monks. Red is a great choice vs green to make things pop. The only thing I'd change is to add some lettering and a wash to the banner on the Warlord to make it look older and in use.

I'm hustling to catch up, I just got my FW loot :D

In the meantime I was working on these Skullcrushers, I had already based and primed them when I was playing 8th. 

Now when I think about all the round bases I've thrown away throughout the years lol... 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

So I literally just got finished work on the Khorgorath, (the blood for the blood god is still wet).  The Blood Warriors have been done for a few days and I also got a Blood Reaver Champion painted.  For month 2 I'm thinking I'll do the other 19 Blood Reavers and Mr Whippy (Bloodstoker).

large.khorg-DSCF3629.JPG.a0b05bfaa648421

large.bw2-DSCF3581.JPG.d350da65eb8c21e15

large.br3-DSCF3608.JPG.cac6ca2c5966ad624

10 hours ago, pforson said:

Next up will be 70 Clanrats...

Army - Skaven

Month 1 Budget: £50
Month 1 Spend: £46
Hellpit - £30
Rat Ogor - £3
Warlord - £5
BSB - £2
Archway - £3
Bases - £3

Total Spend:£46
Remaining Budget: £4

large.Ogor_007.jpglarge.Ogor_011.jpglarge.Warlord_004.jpglarge.Warlord_006.jpglarge.hellpit_017.jpglarge.hellpit_006.jpglarge.BSB_004.jpglarge.arch_003.jpg

Ta,

Pete

They look totally awesome ! 

What do the archway and floating incense stand for ? Just random objective tokens or a count as for actual warscrolls ? 

Archived