Success/Failure of the Mushroom King

Fridge_Opener

How have people been getting on using him? Love the model but haven't found a way to work him into any lists that I want to play. How have people found him? Just so there's no confusions I'm on about the Destruction Herald from Malign Portents....not an n64 reference

Outside of Malign Portens, he's pretty crappy.  Due to the mechanics of Malign Portents, he's excellent in those types of games (all of the heralds are). I think these characters are intended specifically for Malign Portents, and need to be interpreted in that context.

5 minutes ago, Solaris said:

Outside of Malign Portens, he's pretty crappy.  Due to the mechanics of Malign Portents, he's excellent in those types of games (all of the heralds are). I think these characters are intended specifically for Malign Portents, and need to be interpreted in that context.

That's kind of how I was reading it, his spell is also uninspiring but at 80 points can't go too far wrong

I found him very useful in a tricked-out 1000 points list.  He's surprisingly durable.

At 2000 points I think he'd be a pretty strong source of Mystic Shield.  I wouldn't completely rule out dropping the Weirdnob Shaman for him, unless you like using the Shaman's warscroll spells (I don't).

I really like him in my moonclan army, especially using the malign portents rule. Even in normal games his mushroom eating ability has won me some pretty clutch moments, rerolling failed dispels, casting mystic shield and arcane bolt at the same time etc. Haven’t got any use out of his spore spell yet, though (he’s durable, but not that durable!).

Archived