Lets Chat: Idoneth Deepkin

S133arcanite

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The way they are hyping  Deepkin a lot, they know they got a winner like the Overlords. Expect a nice meaty release. This seems like it’s the only interesting release GW is putting out between 40k and AoS this year and possibly even next year. Not enough xenos and too much power armor/demons. 

Unless they release new versions of skwven or lizardmen for AoS or another dwarf army I think between ko, Id, and potentially a beastclaw army I might start someday I’ll be maxed out on things I want to build. 

On 2/26/2018 at 1:22 PM, generalchaos34 said:

Lets not forget about mistweaver Saih, she's pretty distinctive too, and may fit into all this

Im going out on a limb and I will say that they will likely roll the scourge privateers (corsair + kharybdiss at least) into this book like they did with the DoK and add a couple units + one big one (arrrgh, a ship matey!). They already are spikey and sea themed and we know they are reboxing some old kits.  Plus despite being featured heavily in the Anvilguard box they did not receive any special rules in the GHB2017. 

This is where my mind went as well. It just seemed fitting

16 hours ago, GammaMage said:

Were Fyreslayers not a new army too?

List of NEW armies that weren't a re-box since AoS release...

Stormcast Eternals

Fyreslayers 

Karadron Overlords 

.... reboxes with new units/rules...

Daughters of Kaine

Sylvaneth 

Beastclaw Raiders

Bonesplitterz

Ironjaws

Teach

Nurgle

So... The breakdown of ACTUAL favtion rulebooks

Order:

Stormcast Eternals 

Sylvaneth 

Karadron Overlords 

Fyreslayers 

Daughters of Kaine 

Destruction:

Iron jaws

Bonesplitterz

Beastclaw Raiders 

Death:

Lagoons of Nagash

Flesh Eaters Court

Chaos:

Everchosen

Disciples of Tzeench

Nurgle Maggotkin

Blades of Khorne 

Clan Pestilence 

So what do I expect in the future?...

Order: High Aelves (probably Swifthawk Agents based?), Free Peoples (with Duardin thrown in?). The Sea Aelves (corsair based?)

Destruction: Spiderfang Grots, Moonclan Grots... 

Death: Third Faction Based on Mummies... NOT Tomb king though?

Chaos: Slaanesh (most likely re-box with plastic keeper of Secrets +1 other unit... I'm guessing Fiends),  Skaven

In the new lore it mentions teclis/tyrion and malakith are making their own elves. So eventually someday those three are possibilities. In particulars teclic/tyrion golden elves. 

Skypirate grots have been mentioned in the Kharadron book. Also I honestly think GW is considering doing fish-men too. I mean if Khradron fight Skypirate grots then the underwater factions would fight fishmen who are likely destruction but possibly chaos. I think there are way more possible armies than this, but these have been mentioned at least and make sense. 

3 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

In the new lore it mentions teclis/tyrion and malakith are making their own elves. So eventually someday those three are possibilities. In particulars teclic/tyrion golden elves. 

Skypirate grots have been mentioned in the Kharadron book. Also I honestly think GW is considering doing fish-men too. I mean if Khradron fight Skypirate grots then the underwater factions would fight fishmen who are likely destruction but possibly chaos. I think there are way more possible armies than this, but these have been mentioned at least and make sense. 

Yep but unlike Skypirate Grots Deepkin are mentioned as allies in matched play for DoK ;)

5 hours ago, Ashicus said:

Death: Third Faction Based on Mummies... NOT Tomb king though?

I'm thinking that an expanded Nighthaunt faction is the next likely release for death. Nighthaunt are not updated in LoN - and GA Death and Soulblight are. + the Knight of Shrouds is a Nighthaunt and remember GW write rules for models - they don't make models to fit rules. So someone has been working on sculpting ghosts. Added to that is the fact that spirit/wraith type creatures can be modelled to look very distinctive - and to look like pretty much anything - while the rest of the undead tropes are fairly generic in other fantasy/horror IP. This will serve GW's copyright agenda.

The other hint is the "soul thief"  in Malign Portents and Legions of Nagash. Someone who isn't Sigmar or the Aelven gods is stealing souls from Nagash and nobody can find out who it is. Whats easier to hide than things that don't have a corporeal form? 

Sorry, I realise this has nothing to do with Idoneth Deepkin! :$

2 hours ago, GammaMage said:

I don't hold out much hope for the older aelf ranges...they miiight include Swifthawks in Tyrion's Hyish-aelf army, but I am doubtful, as they were described as...angelic, I think?

Luminous (wish it'd written radiant) angelic beings of reason.

I can imagine Eldritch council and SHA among the allies of Tyrion's light aelves.

1 hour ago, Tiger said:

Luminous (wish it'd written radiant) angelic beings of reason.

I can imagine Eldritch council and SHA among the allies of Tyrion's light aelves.

Why not ?

I am sure they will be allies but I doubt any exstiting range will be part of those new Aelven armies. 

8 hours ago, Barkanaut said:

Isn't that what the Idoneth Deepkin are meant t be. Sea Aelves, ...like Mer-people?

10 hours ago, flemingmma said:

We have seen it a few times. The scourge privateers look pretty "aos"y so i don't see why they couldn't. 

Whose profiles have been integrated into an army with the new line of miniatures? DoK make me think they were more of an exception and a case of few new miniatures added to the old army. Although I'd like to see such treatment for all sub factions, there's only so much  special characters and resources that you can dedicate.

Archived