Age of Sigmar Fan Magazine [The Initiative]

hellalugosi

*MISSION STATEMENT UPDATE: APRIL 11, 2018* Click spoiler for info

Spoiler

MISSION STATEMENT

Providing the best fan made content for Warhammer: The Age of Sigmar miniature tabletop game. This can be in a variety of forms, from custom warscroll, army reimaginings, allegiance abilities, battleplans, new factions themselves, and of course, supplements for rules, whether they be narrative and open play or for matched play. Over course of the next month, we will be collecting submissions from the most popular content creators as well as the unknown ready to prove themselves. Don’t feel intimidated at all! Aside from the rules content, we will also be accepting your fan stories, art, and pictures to help produce an excellent display of what the hobby offers.

ZINE CONTENTS

We will be starting each zine with an overview of the month’s theme. We will move on to each section based on content type, as well as showcase an exceptional piece of fan content with an interview of the creator.

SUBMISSIONS

All submissions should use the following format.

• Cambria font, sizes can vary.

• It is best to have a word document or similar, this will allow our editors to fix any text mistakes, as well as allow for ease when doing layouts for each page.

• Photos should be in a zip/rar/appropriate compression filetype for ease. Use a numbered key such as: (1) for filenames and where in the text you’d like these implemented if you wish. These keys will make it easy to layout sections of the magazine.

• Fan art submission should include the following details: your name, a title for the piece, and a description of why you made the piece or what the piece represents.

• Fan submitted stories should be fairly short, think the Malign Portents website.

• Rules content should have a section detailing the intention of the rules being made.

• For warscrolls, there is a perfect platform to create custom warscrolls made by Runebrush. use: https://runebrush.pa-sy.com//warscroll/

• For inspiration on content types, definitely take a look at Tyler Mengel’s Tomb Kings battletone: http://theendlessdeserts.blogspot.com/

• For an unconventional example take a look at Stone Monk’s Renown or Ruin narrative expansion! http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/16146-renown-or-ruin-rpg-campaign-expansion-for-aosskirmish/

• Each creator should also add with their submission an answer to the following question: Why Warhammer?

SUBMISSION EMAIL

Send all submissions to aosfanzine@gmail.com

THE GRAND ALLIANCE THREAD

For questions and more information, check out http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/16426-age-of-sigmar-fan-magazine-the-initiative/

part0.jpg.d8a8034bc3cc3293953c155f83f3d512.jpg

So for the last couple of months I have played around with trying to organize a community collaboration. I've talked to a few content creators and I have a really good feeling that this may be something that a lot of people want. So here is what I propose to you, I want to see fan content for Age of Sigmar, so that we may strap these all together into a monthly online magazine. This way, we'll have a great way of showcasing community battleplans, rules, art, stories, and more! Those who make content can feel like they're reaching a decent audience, and those who have trouble making sense of all the outlets for content can finally see the best of the best in one spot.

part1.jpg.0f28d69fb8ea91b566c401e46e113ffd.jpg

No member of the community should feel left out of this. If you have ideas for content, MAKE. IT. SO. Don't worry about making it pretty. I can help fill in the aspects you feel you are lacking in! If you don't make content, you can always help edit, refine, and promote the magazine, as it will be available for all to see, made by fans, for fans. Here is a list of content you can submit. If you have more ideas not listed, make it known!

• Battleplans
  • Warscrolls
  • Allegiances
  • Rulesets
  • Fan art
  • Fan lore
  • Community Questions

part2.jpg.ed44afad31da5cc2a866c1ded18b0037.jpg

Unfortunately, I'm not perfect. I hope to keep this running if it picks up, and will do my best to create a fantastic package for you all. My aim, is to empower other creators like me, who may not know how to best to take their creations to the next level. I hope to bring a dialogue between creators to help make their content better than before, as well as encourage collaborations! If you would like to work on an administrative level and help organize both the creators, and submitted content, please let me know!
5a8fa18ba83f6_templatemagazine.jpg.f49681da9c8ba47e6f92077da6809864.jpg

To submit content, please post on this thread, or PM me! Feel free to ask others for advice, and maybe we'll find a cool way to efficiently submit content. If you also have promotion ideas, I'd love to hear it. Perhaps for our first issue, some suggestions for structure and what you guys would like to see? Other than that, i hope you guys look forward to this, as I am looking forward to seeing everyone else's work! I know I'm hard at work on my own stuff!

And remember, the main concept is:

fans.jpg.3f511eeb68552343a1fa69c7be843213.jpg

On 23/02/2018 at 2:22 PM, Thundercake said:

Working on a skirmish campaign at the moment. The hard part is getting it turned into a pdf. If you just want a word document, I have the intro, rules, and 2 of 6 scenarios done.

Have a look at "Bullzip PDF", basically you install a printer onto your computer that you print documents to, but it'll generate a PDF instead.

hey guys, thank you for all the great responses! im working on how this will be organized and a lot of people seem like they want to help! i will be updating with more info soon, but in the mean time, im thinking about for longer expansion content, lets find a way to preview it so that it can fit on a page and really get people interested , we will be able to add links and other info so that people can hop into the full version of your content!!!

So I don't know if you'd be interested, but I'd offer a willingness to edit grammar/syntax in the content if you need such services. I've read a lot of forum posts by users, as well as "professionally-edited" online articles, that make me cringe. At least for many of the forum posts I can chalk it up to the difficulties of learning a second language (and English is not an easy one...).

Anyway, like I was saying, if you need editing I can offer my services. Though my background is engineering rather than English, I've done enough writing and editing (as part of my job as a faculty member) to have honed those skills reasonably well.

I have an idea for an index of various organizations  : Free cities, Sky-ports, Chaos warbands, Greenskinz Waaagh! et cetera.  Short description and banners in the form of old chronicle written by wandering historian.

• 3 weeks later...

hey guys! quick update, im very excited to get to work on this and get into detail with those who want to be a part of it, but it may have to be postponed for a month or two. 

Currently im running a lot of events at my local store and its been taking up most of my time so ill have to get back to this when i can. You are all welcome to keep responses up and give amy input youd like! 

the theme for the first issue will mainly be showcasing a mix of good content, i will be posting up a format for each different type soon so that i can easily gather submissions!

On 2/23/2018 at 9:22 PM, Thundercake said:

Working on a skirmish campaign at the moment. The hard part is getting it turned into a pdf. If you just want a word document, I have the intro, rules, and 2 of 6 scenarios done.

Doesn't MS Word save things as PDFs?

How about battle reports? Played in the Wonders of Algoraxi tournament at the weekend and had some phenomenally fun games. Not necessarily a turn by turn, blow by blow account, (although that would be fine) but something more story based. Wouldn't have to be from tournaments or official GW game stores, just fun games that you played with your mates that would make a story.

• 4 weeks later...

UPDATE!

I've organized a lot of my time comfortably, and i think I can handle this now. Submission are officially open. Please follow the guidelines below, or use the external page linked here: https://bit.ly/2JFhT30

MISSION STATEMENT

Providing the best fan made content for Warhammer: The Age of Sigmar miniature tabletop game. This can be in a variety of forms, from custom warscroll, army reimaginings, allegiance abilities, battleplans, new factions themselves, and of course, supplements for rules, whether they be narrative and open play or for matched play. Over course of the next month, we will be collecting submissions from the most popular content creators as well as the unknown ready to prove themselves. Don’t feel intimidated at all! Aside from the rules content, we will also be accepting your fan stories, art, and pictures to help produce an excellent display of what the hobby offers.

ZINE CONTENTS

We will be starting each zine with an overview of the month’s theme. We will move on to each section based on content type, as well as showcase an exceptional piece of fan content with an interview of the creator.

SUBMISSIONS

All submissions should use the following format.

• Cambria font, sizes can vary.

• It is best to have a word document or similar, this will allow our editors to fix any text mistakes, as well as allow for ease when doing layouts for each page.

• Photos should be in a zip/rar/appropriate compression filetype for ease. Use a numbered key such as: (1) for filenames and where in the text you’d like these implemented if you wish. These keys will make it easy to layout sections of the magazine.

• Fan art submission should include the following details: your name, a title for the piece, and a description of why you made the piece or what the piece represents.

• Fan submitted stories should be fairly short, think the Malign Portents website.

• Rules content should have a section detailing the intention of the rules being made.

• For warscrolls, there is a perfect platform to create custom warscrolls made by Runebrush. use: https://runebrush.pa-sy.com//warscroll/

• For inspiration on content types, definitely take a look at Tyler Mengel’s Tomb Kings battletone: http://theendlessdeserts.blogspot.com/

• For an unconventional example take a look at Stone Monk’s Renown or Ruin narrative expansion! http://www.tga.community/forums/topic/16146-renown-or-ruin-rpg-campaign-expansion-for-aosskirmish/

• Each creator should also add with their submission an answer to the following question: Why Warhammer?

SUBMISSION EMAIL

Send all submissions to aosfanzine@gmail.com

On 3/20/2018 at 2:01 AM, Phil D said:

How about battle reports? Played in the Wonders of Algoraxi tournament at the weekend and had some phenomenally fun games. Not necessarily a turn by turn, blow by blow account, (although that would be fine) but something more story based. Wouldn't have to be from tournaments or official GW game stores, just fun games that you played with your mates that would make a story.

Battle Reports are also okay! The standard is a little higher for this one as these will usually be longer form.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived