Blood tithe strong death showing.

Countmoore

Although lists won’t be released to the public for a few days it seems that LoN has really given the faction a bump with a strong presence across the teams. In fact there are more death players than Tzeentch something we haven’t seen since... well... Tzeentch. 

Wonder if they will be the counter TZ list people have been saying?

BB7DA94B-2202-48BB-B3ED-AC2E3422430D.jpeg

Though I’m stoked about the amount of death in this tournament, I don’t think it’s a great comparison. Death is a grand alliance, so yeah there are more from a grand alliance than from a single sub faction.

i do find it interesting how many grand host of nagash there are.

i wonder if they have nagash in them

3 minutes ago, WillofNagash said:

Though I’m stoked about the amount of death in this tournament, I don’t think it’s a great comparison. Death is a grand alliance, so yeah there are more from a grand alliance than from a single sub faction.

i do find it interesting how many grand host of nagash there are.

i wonder if they have nagash in them

Though compared to previous events it’s a massive uplift. More in line with the 4 destruction at this event. 

Theres a podcast Friday so we are sworn to secrecy on lists till then. I’ll do some analysis before then and post here when I can. 

I think Death will make a good showing with the Legions of Nagash book, it's something I still believe in since the initial release and spoilers of the book. 

What I do think is very important to note is that LoN isn't really a specific counter but just has a very strong gameplan. This gameplan excisted before in Grand Allegiance Death but was basically removed the moment GH2017 with Allegiances/Ally rules was introduced for Death in particular.

For those uncertain of what I mean, strong (big) hammers with large ammounts of swarm units are an amazing pair that just works out. The moment you want to have a decent shot against say Tzeentch, Sylvaneth or Stormcast/Order it remains the easiest way to go as you have the bodies to last. For LoN in particular it's Objective game is as strong as you decide you want it to be. 

In terms of tournament predictions though things are very hard to say without actual lists. Hope to know more as the time goes :D 
Thanks for sharing!

Cheers, 

Honestly, I wonder how many of those Grand Host lists featured Nagash; Because from what I can tell, he is a wrecking ball that scoffs away most enemy's that actually approach him, but lacks the troops to hold ground or take objectives. From what I've seen, those kinds of lists can be incredibly disruptive to armies that focus on Alpha Strikes, like Stormcast and Tzneetch, but surprisingly, suffer to armies that can survive the beating, or have enough troops to spread around while Nagash murderizes their Heros and Behemoths. Of course, Tzneetch still rockets ahead, with even  Stormcast lagging behind; I think that does more to say that Tzneetch is over powered, rather than say that LoN is bad.

As a player of this upcoming tournament who have seen all the lists, i can tell you that pretty much everyone has bring the big guns. I think it's one of the most competitive AOS tournament i have ever seen and lot of those death list are scary. I think Death will have good results because people don't have many (or any) experience against the new Death

No one is really sure of the public can handle such competitive lists. One of the captain even proposed to rename the tournament " Blood Filth" :D

More seriously, i suppose they are doing last-minute checking to see if every list is ok

Archived