My First 1500 Beastclaw List

cxiv

Hey all, first post here on the forums!

I am building my first Beastclaw Raiders, and by extension, my first Destruction army in AoS! I threw together a really quick ~1500 point list.

It feels really light to me, and it is as far as wounds go, but I am reckoning that their hardiness will make up for that as each model seems pretty ridiculous.  Making a heavy elite army like this is way out of my realm... being that I am a Freepeoples and Skaven player!

Frostlord on Stonehorn (460)
- General
- Command Trait : Nothing Left Standing
- Artefact : Battle Brew
Units

----
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
-Gargant Hackers
4 x Mournfang Pack (320)
-Gargant Hackers
Behemoths

---
Thundertusk Beastriders (360)
- Beastclaw Raiders Battleline

If you're going to use a thundertusk anyway and you have the extra 20 points, I'd go ahead and get a huskard instead, as they have the chance at a heal to un-chart themselves or heal up some other beastclaw unit nearby.

I can't remember if 1500 requires 3 battleline or not, but you could split up one of the mournfang packs into 2x2 to satisfy that requirement, as you get an extra pistol shot and can move through terrain a little easier, then your unit of 4 can be for good combats.

That being said, nothing left standing is real bad, as the terrain keeps its special rules (imo the only reason you'd want this is to smash a wyldwood/balewind), and it will be difficult to actually get 5 destruction models around it considering how few we have. If you're set on destruction traits, ravager or big and brutish are better.

10 hours ago, heywoah_twitch said:

If you're going to use a thundertusk anyway and you have the extra 20 points, I'd go ahead and get a huskard instead, as they have the chance at a heal to un-chart themselves or heal up some other beastclaw unit nearby.

I can't remember if 1500 requires 3 battleline or not, but you could split up one of the mournfang packs into 2x2 to satisfy that requirement, as you get an extra pistol shot and can move through terrain a little easier, then your unit of 4 can be for combats

You think a unit of 4 and two units of 2 would be effective?

Also, which weapons would you recommend for them?

11 hours ago, heywoah_twitch said:

I can't remember if 1500 requires 3 battleline or not, but you could split up one of the mournfang packs into 2x2 to satisfy that requirement, as you get an extra pistol shot and can move through terrain a little easier, then your unit of 4 can be for good combats.

That being said, nothing left standing is real bad, as the terrain keeps its special rules (imo the only reason you'd want this is to smash a wyldwood/balewind), and it will be difficult to actually get 5 destruction models around it considering how few we have. If you're set on destruction traits, ravager or big and brutish are better.

I agree with this; if your going to go with a destruction allegiance instead of beastclaw, go with big+brutish. With any stonehorn it gives plus 1 wound, and having damage, that could add up to a potential 28 wounds (if your enemies deal damage with even numbers:D)

Archived