Djinn project - size/ scale advice sought

I could use some sage advice.
I’m planning a djinn conversion, should it be magnus the red size, Ogroid size or daemon prince size? (Size referring to the base model that will be used).

I’m sure it would help decide what function it would have but it could be a number of things in AoS, celestant prime, slann, Phoenix etc.

The only known images of said djinn are from warmaster and dreadfleet (technically elementals).

the warmaster one isn’t that huge next to the human but considering the scale and tech of the time for making those who knows how accurate that’s supposed to be of a representation, same for the elementals on the flaming scimitar, they are quite massive compared to the ship..

Both models have their pros and cons. For example the Ogroid’s body is very thick, the face(I think is perfect) is a baby one, the neck is massive and the arms are also disproportionate.
A lot of work would be needed to make the torso not so thick to then make it not have such a funky neck lol.
Magnus has two arm sizes, so I’d have to sculpt a new one, also I can’t seem to order his eyeball belt buckle anywhere!

id add a poll but don’t see an option for it.

if anyone’s got some thoughts on how large it should I would appreciate it.

1 hour ago, Kezza921 said:

For first stop in converting up a djinn would be to get some ogors.  Theyre no too big and I have seen some people do really nice conversions with them.

Thank you for the thoughts.

I have seen a lot of conversions like that over the years and have chosen to not go down that road. I think it's low hanging fruit and over done. They also still look a lot like ogres, where I would like to make mine more daemon.

I think the Necron plastic c'tan would make a great djinn base, could do with an alternate head though. Mounrgul would make for a very grim Djinn, and k'daai, well they are basically djinn.  Forgeworld avatar of khaine would be a cool base to start from very textured muscular torso. Size is an impulsive preference for djinn - Phenomenal Cosmic Power, Ity Bity Living Space...

Archived