Stormhosts eventually fighting one another?

Sunspear

I can totally see some of the more radical stormhost trying to purge a civilian population and other stormcast trying to protect them. But I don't know how omniscient is Sigmar. Would he notice that situation instantly, so he could present himself to give orders and avoid conflict?

But I doubt a "Heresy" will happen. I don't think any Stormcast will go agaisn't the will of Sigmar. Of course, whats that will, specially if Sigmar is not present, can have different interpretations as we can see already in the different Stormhosts.

But at the same time if Stormcast fight themselves and end up killing each other I can see a very angry Sigmar waiting for them to be reforged to give them a reprimand :D 

4 hours ago, Johann said:

Sounds like the same beginning of the  story in 40k ? 

In fact no. Complete opposite.

2 hours ago, CrimsonKing said:

Sounds somewhat like SM again though.

Exactly, leave AoS to its own devices, 40k is not needed here, and anyway SC are complete opposite of the SM.

I see scenarios where conflicts arise between hosts such as the hallowed knights' devotion through compassions vs the knights excelsiors devotion through action can interact. these spaces will be rare though, because the realms are so vast that a member of a stormhost of may never meet another member of a different one.

even their halls in sigmaron are segregated. Celestial Vindicators hang out with celestial vindicators and hammers of sigmar hang out with hammers of sigmar. 

even if there is conflict, sigmar would not pay much heed to it. sigmar unfortunately is a big picture guy, his work is to ensure the future of civilization and tiny grievences of his children wont really avert his attention.

On 2/17/2018 at 5:13 PM, Sunspear said:

I just started getting into AoS and I have read a little background stuff. Like I said, just a thought. Personally I have always wondered why the marines in 40k haven't done it. I think it would back up their popularity on the tabletop. 

I have a small force of Marines Malevolent (my only Imperial army in the game) in 40k, and lemme tell ya, they are the most hated chapter in the Imperium. Other space marines fight them all the time. Imperial governors will sometimes refuse help from them, because they see collateral damage as a net positive. I love my little band of space douchebags. 

23 hours ago, CJPT said:

I'm not sure about civil war or open conflict, but I can see a situation where the more hardline Stormhosts (Knights Excelsior and the Celestial Vindicators in particular) attempt to split off to pursue their own objectives, at least for a time.

In case of the Knights Excelsior I think the same. There actions in the Malign Portants shortstories are quite radical against the people they should protect.

I think, if there would be another stormhost in a story like "to truly excel" this stormhost would try to protect the people and get into conflict with the Knights Excelsior.

In case of the Celestial Vindicators I don't hope that they will be on the "evil side" of such a fight, because it would spoil my plan a second time (after the events of All-Gates). The problem with the CV is mostly there desire for revenge, but its mostly against the suppressors of the realms, so I would see a conflict with Nagash, Gorka Morka or an Order Faction with a suppressive nature.

Coming to think about it - the people the knights excelsior were purging were probably beyond any help. What differentiates them from the hammers of sigmar is that the latter would perhaps just move on and leave the people to their fates heavy hearted. The excelsiors choose to end the matter at the moment saving both the people from further suffering and the realm from further corruption. There are some in story analogues between them and the inquisition so if you can justify the latter as necessary evil you can justify the former aswell. In short I change my mind that a possible conflict would see the excelsiors vs all other.

Archived