Stormhosts eventually fighting one another?

Sunspear

41 minutes ago, rokapoke said:

I believe the first Stormcast battletome mentions an arena of some sort in which the Stormcast can battle with one another, for practice, with no permanent consequences. So there’s that, at least. 

They fight each other in the arena to hone their skills, which is a part of their training before they go to battle, but this is completely another story and does not lead to their real strife.

I don't see it happening in the official storyline (the Horus Heresey does set some sort of precedent but I doubt GW would go down that route, been there done that). Maybe if Nagash can get control of all those Stormcast souls...?

In game terms we already have the arena to get to play Stormcast vs Stormcast. 

Doubt it will happen, this is the difference between 40K and AoS.

What I still can see happen in rarity is that Nagash finds a way to bind souls to him in such a way that they are Deadcast. But this stops them from being Stormcast...

Sigmar's Stormcast are Order heroes manifested again to battle Chaos. These heroes have a hatred for Chaos. Archaon in a way was a scholar turned Chaos, I doubt they'll do Archaon 2.0.

In The Realmgate Wars: Godbeasts there was a neat bit where Ionus Cryptborn punched out a Tempest Lords Lord-Celestant because he wouldn't team up with Valkia to goad an enraged Skarbrand into burning the Nurgle corruption of of an area of the Aqshy (quite rightly on the Tempest Lord's part too!). That's probably the closest we've come to date. :) 

I like the idea that Stormcast might get reforged so many times, that they forget their humanity, leading to a conflict between a Stormhost trying to protect humans from an aggressive Stormhost.

Nothing that'd be a huge glaring clash of idelogies, but case by case fighting for specific small conflicts.

I just started getting into AoS and I have read a little background stuff. Like I said, just a thought. Personally I have always wondered why the marines in 40k haven't done it. I think it would back up their popularity on the tabletop. But I am not sure if stormcasts are as popular as SM in the AoS setting.

6 minutes ago, Sunspear said:

I just started getting into AoS and I have read a little background stuff. Like I said, just a thought. Personally I have always wondered why the marines in 40k haven't done it. I think it would back up their popularity on the tabletop. But I am not sure if stormcasts are as popular as SM in the AoS setting.

In 40k therwe have been conflicts between legions since the horus heresy.

6 hours ago, rokapoke said:

I believe the first Stormcast battletome mentions an arena of some sort in which the Stormcast can battle with one another, for practice, with no permanent consequences. So there’s that, at least. 

The arena compliments of Malerion :D leave it up to a Dark Elf to create an arena where people can fight and die all over again.

5 hours ago, Edgecoc said:

It is inevitable that this happens. Probably Knight Excelsior and the main storm host. They seem like something that is gonna need stopping sooner or later.

Why do they need stopping when sigmar created them for that purpose? Almost all of them were chosen because they were betrayed by someone close to them falling to chaos. People need to remember that stormcast are essentially "slaves" to sigmar since they have a sliver of sigmar's essence residing in their bodies according to nagash they are like undead in a sense. They may argue on principles or ideologies but they will never go against each other . The whole point of storm casts is that they rose above chaos.

I'm not sure about civil war or open conflict, but I can see a situation where the more hardline Stormhosts (Knights Excelsior and the Celestial Vindicators in particular) attempt to split off to pursue their own objectives, at least for a time.

The issue that Stormcast have is that their power is centrally controlled by Sigmar - any kind of Heresy-style conflict would be over really quickly as the loyalists would get reforged and the traitors wouldn't. They can't just pack their geneseed in a suitcase and fly off into the Eye of Terror like a Space Marine.

Maybe... but I doubt it. I think GW is planning to release a lot the next couple of years. So it will take a very long time if they ever would decide to take that route.. . The great thing about AoS is that there is no limit of what kind of army can be released / designed. 

SC are Sigmar's chosen warriors, his will made manifest, any kind of Heresy is out of the question - also because they have no desires or wishes of their own, and with the endless war they have to participate in there is no time for internal strife. Sigmar has created them precisely because he has seen his mortal warriors turn on each other in the past.

1 hour ago, Menkeroth said:

SC are Sigmar's chosen warriors, his will made manifest, any kind of Heresy is out of the question - also because they have no desires or wishes of their own, and with the endless war they have to participate in there is no time for internal strife. Sigmar has created them precisely because he has seen his mortal warriors turn on each other in the past.

Sounds like the same beginning of the  story in 40k ? 

the Imperator had the same plan ?

PS: sorry, for the unqualified post.

From someone without much knowledge of their background, but just looking at possibilities in the far future...

A war between gods could damage Sigmars ability to recast, or break the link he has with existing Stormcast. This causes their old emotions and memories to return to the forefront, including old rivalries and hatreds.

Sounds somewhat like SM again though.

Archived