Which Morgast to choose

Danish Bull

With Morghasts, I think think Harbingers are going to be better in most lists. That long charge is invaluable, especially in a Night list for ambush. Archai will be the better choice in a First Cohort list though.

As far as gear, that will slightly depend on local meta. Swords have a max cap of 1 extra damage over halberds per model, so they will be slightly better against larger units. Halberds have rend -2 though, which will be great if there is lots of armor where you play. In a Grand Host list however, ALWAYS go halberds. At that point both options have the same damage cap, and halberds edge out with their extra rend.

1 hour ago, AverageBoss said:

With Morghasts, I think think Harbingers are going to be better in most lists. That long charge is invaluable, especially in a Night list for ambush. Archai will be the better choice in a First Cohort list though.

As far as gear, that will slightly depend on local meta. Swords have a max cap of 1 extra damage over halberds per model, so they will be slightly better against larger units. Halberds have rend -2 though, which will be great if there is lots of armor where you play. In a Grand Host list however, ALWAYS go halberds. At that point both options have the same damage cap, and halberds edge out with their extra rend.

Small little bit of extra context, the max damage cap isn't usually relevant, even against large units. The thing that actually matters is your average output.  

Anything with a 6+ save, the swords are better(4.44 vs 4 damage per morghast on average) anything with a 5+ save or better sees the Spears be superior(4 vs 3.7) anything immune to rend will also see the swords pull ahead.

19 hours ago, AverageBoss said:

I’d agree with this.  I’d just add that with weapon choice you can now mix and match so I’ll be running one of each per pair to make them more toolbox unit.

Although in first cohort list I’d also stick to harbingers so they have the extra charge to try and keep up with Nagash when he goes tearing up the board with pinions. 

Archived